SASS Wire Forum

whats the call

diablo slim

'With the pistol shoot the plate rack till down

Dump remaining pistol rounds on red cowboy(Dump Plate)"

Ok had one shooter use 8 rounds to get the first 4 of 5 kd plates down...then

shoots one on the dump target and goes back and picks up the last pistol KD.

Whats the call you guys... :huh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'With the pistol shoot the plate rack till down

Dump remaining pistol rounds on red cowboy(Dump Plate)"

Ok had one shooter use 8 rounds to get the first 4 of 5 kd plates down...then

shoots one on the dump target and goes back and picks up the last pistol KD.

Whats the call you guys... :huh:

P - shot them out of order.

This here is a tricky one....

On the surface, the UNTIL DOWN would seem to make the round on the dump cause a P

However, misses on the plate rack assumably do not count, and until everything is down anything that doesn't hit the plate rack is a miss that didn't count.

Were I the shooter and I meant to hit the dump before all the plates were down, I would say I deserved a P.

I don't know what the shooter was thinking, so unless he fessed up, I can see calling it clean.

Now that I talked thru it off the top of my head, I think I'll see if this is covered in Palewolfs chronicles...

I'll report back if I find it.

If misses on the plate rack don't count, a P only.

Otherwise, 4 misses and a P.

Dump plate was shot out of order, therefore, the P.

Barry Sloe

Can anyone say for certain the ninth hit on the dump plate was not a miss on the plate rack? Misses on plate rack are no calls so shooter was clean. Just like shotgun shooter that misses knock down and hits two pistol targets but finally gets all SG knockdowns down. HE IS ALSO CLEAN.

unless the dump target overlapped the kd target, it is a P only. Don't try to tell me shooter missed the KD soooo badly he hit the dump unless it was within inches, no misses, he hit everything he was aiming at!

P, and as Phantom would say, ooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Depends on whether or not he shot the dump intentionally or missed the 5th KD. I had a similar situation and it was called a P, I actually had missed the proper target trying to go too fast and got the next one over and then re-shot that hit target as it was the last one. Spotters called aP, I feel it was a miss. If he shot the dump on purpose, then it was a P

Hello,

How do you know he didn't just miss the plate rack when he hit the dump plate from the information given? After all he took 8 to get 4. I'd want to see where the dump plate was located. We have one attached to the front of the tombstone rack. I can see a tombstone miss hitting it. If it is like ours, I'd say clean.

If the dump plate is several feet away, then I'd call a P.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I'm lookin at this like Griz.

Depending on how the stage was set up and the proximity of the dump plate to the KD's would determine my call of either Clean or 'P'.

..........Widder

I would have to call a P.The targets were hit out of order.Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinkin' like Grizz & Possum Skinner..

I don't care where the dump target placement was...

Clean...

Can't say I like it called that way but...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' i got this beat inta' my head a few years back... :blush:

Miss Flow Chart... :blink:

Because the instructions say "Till Down", I'm with the "P" crowd.

Perhaps it would be best to state "after all KD's are down, any remaining rounds go on the dump target"...but still...a "P".

Oy.

;)

I don't think any rounds that don't connect with a knockdown plate should be called anything until ALL plates are down.

Ding - Ding - Ding

We have a winner.

Until the KDs are down - The knockdowns are the only pistol targets in play.

The dump plate is a non entity until the rack is complete.

A round that misses a KD plate is meaningless, regardless of what it may (or may not) strike on its errant journey.

So that's what that was about. I for one will stay quite since I got the plates down shooting gunfighter in 6, then missed the dump with my last 4. :)

Even Smoking Limey and I do not agree!! LOL

The gamey way is to expend all ten rounds on the plate rack with out hesitating with anything going toward the dump target. Remember, a miss on the plate rack is not a miss so just becons the shooter to be some what careless. A fast shooter can get off three on any of the plate rack (last one if necessary) before it bottoms out,,, if necessary. I say this from watching the best and how the stage was written as in this post.

To answer the OP,,,, a P.

As I recall in previous discussions of miss versus procedural in years past, we were told not to try to figure out what the shooter "intended" to hit, even if the targets were widely spaced. Has that changed?

In this situation, if we make the judgement that the shooter INTENDED to hit the dump target out of order than he gets a P. But I didn't think we were allowed to do that.

So I'm thinking Creeker's analysis is correct. Maybe.

Intent...bull.

The dump target was 3-4 feet from the plate rack.

If he/she wasn't shooting at the dump target...then they need to be rushed to a hospital cuz it's obvious that they are having some kind of seizure.

Lets Us...as a sport...not go out of our way to look too stoopid.

OY!

Phantom

Edit: hate it when the auto correct corrects my intentional mis-spellings.

So the dump target was 3-4 feet to the left of the KDs. BUT how far away was the KD and Dump target from the shooter.

I call no P. GD called this one correctly!

Ok...then just go with the stoopid Flow Chart...

OY.

Intent...bull.

The dump target was 3-4 feet from the plate rack.

If he/she wasn't shooting at the dump target...then they need to be rushed to a hospital cuz it's obvious that they are having some kind of seizure.

Lets Us...as a sport...not go out of our way to look too stooped.

OY!

Phantom

I made this same argument on the Wire a few years ago and got shot down.

Where are you PWB?

Ok...then just go with the stoopid Flow Chart...

OY.

Actually, I choose the stage instructions. In this case they appear to trump the miss flow chart.

I see no need for "stoopid" to enter this discussion.

No one gets em all correct do they Phantom?

Actually, I choose the stage instructions. In this case they appear to trump the miss flow chart.

I see no need for "stoopid" to enter this discussion.

No one gets em all correct do they Phantom?

Yes...the stage instructions.

Notice the "Till Down" followed by "Remaining"? You cannot have "Remaining" if there are still KDs up.

We as a sport do look stoopid if we have issues like this...IMHO.

And this isn't a "I'm right - you're wrong" debate. It has zero to do with me or anyone else for that matter...why the dig?

Phantom

Yes...the stage instructions.

Notice the "Till Down" followed by "Remaining"? You cannot have "Remaining" if there are still KDs up.

We as a sport do look stoopid if we have issues like this...IMHO.

And this isn't a "I'm right - you're wrong" debate. It has zero to do with me or anyone else for that matter...why the dig?

Phantom

Please notice that the dump target hit does not really count as it could well have been aimed at the remaining KD.

Remember that a miss of a KD is a miss even if it hits something else.

But then again UNTIL PWB passes judgement, many are speculating on the outcome.

I would NOT have called a P.

Ding - Ding - Ding

We have a winner.

Until the KDs are down - The knockdowns are the only pistol targets in play.

The dump plate is a non entity until the rack is complete.

A round that misses a KD plate is meaningless, regardless of what it may (or may not) strike on its errant journey.

I agree that misses do not count before KDs are down per stage instructions but I do not think the rounds are meaningless . If the round hits a prop , the ground 3 feet in front of you or the wrong target I would think you still get the penalty .

As I recall in previous discussions of miss versus procedural in years past, we were told not to try to figure out what the shooter "intended" to hit, even if the targets were widely spaced. Has that changed?

In this situation, if we make the judgement that the shooter INTENDED to hit the dump target out of order than he gets a P. But I didn't think we were allowed to do that.

So I'm thinking Creeker's analysis is correct. Maybe.

I believe we are not trying to guess his INTENT . We are just scoring on what he hit . Like if the pattern was 3 4 3 and was shot 4 3 3 we would call a P and not think that his intent was to shoot it correctly and award a miss . But J Bar you may be right . I dunno . For all that called a P let me apologize for bringing my no wins/many losses to your camp .

Archived