SASS Wire Forum

Gov. Jerry Brown, "Another gun law won’t solve Oakland violence"

Subdeacon Joe

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2014/02/19/brown-another-gun-law-wont-solve-oakland-violence/

“What can laws do to solve immediate problems?” Brown said. “I want to say that laws have their role, but in terms of crime and guns and violence, we’ve been at this thing for more than 50 years on this very topic, and we’ve passed a tremendous number of laws. There is something else, it’s called administering the laws we have and working together in a community. That is where the greatest yield can be found in terms of making Oakland a safer place.”

i was thinking,,, Well, Duh!!

nice to hear someone with some sense!

A ray of sunshine sometimes breaks through the clouded mind of Moonbeam.

I was born in Alabama. I lived in California during Moonbeam's first two terms - over 30 years ago (he was FIRED by the voters vying for his next term after turning record surplus into record deficit and suppporting FAR left ideology.

Even a blind sow finds sweet corn when wantering in the forest (that's the Alabama in me).....

Lumpy is spot on - I would not trust Moonbeam with our Second Ammendment rights, for a single HEARTBEAT!

Sad to say, but Flaky Jerry is the bastion of rationality and restraint in California leadership.

I do think he's learned from his first term mistakes. And did you see the leading Republican gubernatorial candidate? He's openly hostile to the 2nd Amendment.

Uno, that show's how far California has plumeted. I haven't seen that about the R candidates, but the Repubs have a recent history of not putting up the best candidate in CA (not that it would matter with the demographics at this point).

Maybe it's like industry - the best have already left............

once upon a time, the Golden State was the overwhelming capital of aviation in the US, and the world. The last remaining company (N-G) moved their HQ and left the state a few years ago........

BTW, this is MoonBeam's THIRD term - he served two the first time (the first sign of the increasingly left direction of CA politics)!

Hey Harvey-Pete Knight has done a good job for us, to bad he's retiring this year. He still hold the worlds record as the fastest winged pilot in the world(4,519 mph)in an X-15. :D

Uno-If you think a 'leopard' can change his spots-You're soooo, wrong. ;)

LG

Don't misunderstand me, I'm no fan of Jerry. He's just so much better than the other possibilities, like the barking moonbat Lt. Gov.; Gavin Newsom. I'd certainly have preferred a real conservative Governor. But, that'll be a cold day in hell. Colder still as the Republican's "New Breed" candidate: Neel Kashkari, is sounding like he's going to outliberal Jerry.

It'll be a sad day when the last adult leaves California leadership. You think things are bad now? Wait till almost ALL of the bills the loonieslature sends to the governor's desk are signed into law.

I'm personally gittin' while the gittin' is good.

Lumpy - Agreed on Pete Knight!

Uno - Agreed that there are LOT's worse than Moonbeam, but that is a VERY LOW BAR!!!!!

I have loved CA throughout my life - moving around the country every couple years since birth (having lived in 9 different states and traveled to all 50), plus all the continents.

We had long planned to retire here - we are losing hope waiting for an epiphany amongst the CA voters..........and we are OPTIMISTS!

Harvey, I'm a fifth generation Californian, so this state is in my blood; I love it.

I can also read the tea leaves. After 30 years one party rule, the state has been changed so radically that it's largely unrecognizable. The progressive model of high taxes, higher spending, soft and hard corruption, overly generous social programs, anti-business laws and regulations, and the ever increasing amount of highly paid, pensioned unionized government workers is unsustainable. Collapse, ever higher taxes and some form of bankruptcy is inevitable. Look at the state's bond ratings: they're at the "Are you insane?" junk bond level. Nobody in the financial community really expects these bonds to pay off.

BTW: In a recently published report, California was rated the absolute worst of the 50 states to retire to.

To the good - it was nice telling Calam it was 82 degrees here wile she was fighting an arctic blizzard in St Louie. :)

People keep posting about Gov. Brown, "Well, he did this or he did that..." Well he SAID just the other day that new anti-gun laws won't decrease violence. How about we give him credit for facing down the hard core gun banners and telling the truth?

People keep posting about Gov. Brown, "Well, he did this or he did that..." Well he SAID just the other day that new anti-gun laws won't decrease violence. How about we give him credit for facing down the hard core gun banners and telling the truth?

Joe-he pulled the same crap when he 'got-n-bed' with the state unions.

Brown is just that-BROWN to his eyes, for a reason. Look at his history of 'kiss'n-up' till after the election.

I will say no more, as I don't what this thread locked on my account..........

LG

Wish I could, Joe. Unfortunatley, I am personally very well familiar with his lengthy past in helping destroy this formerly great state.

I can give a little credit in this minor instance, but it is with a very jaundiced eye - given his past of major duplicity.

Perhaps ya had to live through the Moonbeam disasters in his first two terms. He was only re-elected this time because the majority of those who remember his first 2 terms disasters have already left the state, and the rest of those who vote now are largely ignorant of his history - or history (and economics) in general....

Archived