SASS Wire Forum

inherited shotgun shell

Trigger Mike

a relative died and in her house we found some old 12 gauge shotgun shells. Since it has been years since a man lived there we were surprised to find shotgun shells. They read Shurshot Kleanbore on the side, rem-umc on the brass the top is cardboard and says "6". The main part is ribbed possibly cardboard. green colored. what can you tell me about these?

Without looking, I would say that these are lead #6 shot Remington hunting loads for upland game.

I suspect that they are quite old and being lead shot are not legal to hunt with in certain areas. Read Washington State.

I probably would not want to shoot them because of age, and the only real value would be to collectors or dare devils with shooting issues. JMO

wish I could find the shotgun they were bought for. She once had her grandfathers S & W pistol but a drug addict relative stole most of her valuables and pawned them for drugs many years ago. She used to go to the local pawn shops and sometimes buy back what he had stolen. I may fire some out of my double barrel just to see.

Archived