SASS Wire Forum

Useless Houston-needs prayers

Samuel "Doc" Eells

For those who haven't heard yet, Useless was diagnosed with colon cancer about a week ago. Late last week, he had surgery and the doctors removed his entire colon. The surgery went well and Useless will be going home tomorrow. He will have a long road, so please lift him up in prayer!

phooey!!! Useless is a good sort!!!!!

LORD GOD, I plead with you to touch Useless, give his Drs wisdom, may the meds work beyond their capabilities, and may The Comforter rest upon him and his family and many friends. in Jesus's precious holy name, amen and amen

Hi Doc and Others,

I haven't met Useless; but if he's a friend of Doc Eels's, he's a good person and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

I too have had colon cancer. Luckily :unsure: I only had part of my colon removed. Had I had a colonoscopy at age 50, the surgery might not have been so drastic. Unfortunately, at the time I was 50 and 55, when I had the recommended tests, the doctors were only doing sigmoidoscopsies.

The point to my post, other than wishing Useless Houston a speedy and full recovery, is to encourage y'all to get a colonoscopy at age 50 or earlier if recommended.

I know the drink and test are unpleasant. However, I can assure you the aftereffects of the surgery that I had are MUCH WORSE! I was sick off and on for five months.

Regards,

Allie "stepping off the soapbox now" Mo

Prayers up for fast healing and for comfort.

Prayers on the way!!

Furball and co.

Prayers on the way -_-

Just got off the phone with Useless. He is struggling a bit as his body adjusts to the loss of most of his intestines. His spirits are fairly positive. They tested all his lymph nodes and there was no cancer in any of them! The he said the doctor was very positive about everything. Please continue to keep Useless in your prayers!

Thanks for the update Doc!

Archived