SASS Wire Forum

Don't claim to be the fastest but just wondering what others have for time for draw and hit on target with your every day CCW and attire? Seems like I stay in the 3.0 - 3.5 seconds. This is with the timer on a delayed beep and arms relaxed and down at the side.

About the same for me. Relaxed, 90 degrees to target, Cross Breed Super Tuck holster, shirt tail covering gun. Considerably faster with a single action, but that's because they're better pointers for me. I have to look for the front sight on my 1911.

I wear my CCW on the strong side, in either an OWB or IWB holster, under a vest or sports coat, occasionally a sweater.

My usual time to draw and sight is around 2 - 3 seconds if not planned, but if the heat is rising and I have an inkling

of need, I tend to move to cover and get hand very near or on the gun, but not draw till needed (so far not yet needed

in public).

Deep carry (tee-shirt holster) adds time to the draw, so then I want to start moving to cover even sooner.

SC

thanks for the replys. My times did seem slow and the SA draw is also faster for me. Maybe because I do it more often and the open carry.

I just got wondering because of the other post about using SA for CCW. Of course my 1911 is a SAA also.

It is better to draw slower and to hit your target with the first shot..

Then to draw fast and put the first few rounds into the ground as bring the gun up to point.

Don't recall who said it, but the old saying, "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final" still holds forth. -- GIT

Wyatt Earp

I have beat 1 second with a Colt's Navy and my CAS holster. Same procedure, 90 degrees to target, arms hanging and relaxed. Cain't do it everytime, but at least I've done it. Not bragging mind you, that would still get me second place in a gunfight. :D

Archived