SASS Wire Forum

Hardest post ever I've ever made - Updated with sorrow

Utah Bob #35998

This post is my daily reminder that there are a bunch of my pards out there who need prayers sent up. As said by so many before, UB, you'll have my prayers and best wishes as long as you heed them.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post is my daily reminder that there are a bunch of my pards out there who need prayers sent up. As said by so many before, UB, you'll have my prayers and best wishes as long as you heed them.

+1 on that Bama. It pains me, but I've read it almost daily. It reminds me how lucky I am, and have been, and to give thanks, and prayers to those in need. MT

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

UB, I am deeply sadden to hear of your horrible news; I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you all.

Hoss C.

I ain't got the words either pard. Just what everybody else said. We'll be pullin' and prayin' for you and yours. Come back soon as you can. Joint won't be the same without ya.

Vaya con Dios,

JHC

So Sad Bob, words are hard at this time. I Hate Cancer, I have lost too many family members and friends myself.
Sending Much Love and Prayers for Strength & Comfort.

Many good folks stood up on their knees for us when our daughter passed away from pancreatic cancer just before Christmas.

Now we're standing up on our knees for your son and for yourself.

My hand on your shoulder, Bob.

Utah Bob-I've been off-site for a fair bit (too many irons in the fire) but I felt compelled to check the Wire today and I find your post concerning Eddy. I offer up prayers for you and yours and ask that the Master Physician to reach out and heal your son if it be His will and to ease his pain and comfort him in he's hour of need.

I've been down this road, UB and I agree with you-a parent should not have to bury a child, regardless of their age. I lost a son years ago; he was 15 when he passed over. A day doesn't go by that I find myself thinking about Aaron.

May God bless

Oh no.....even though expected that still hurts :(:(:( At least Eddy is in a better place, and free of pain and illness.

UB, our prayers are still with you

May the Comforter camp out with the family as long as needed...

My deepest sympathies and may the Lord be with you and your family. I will be thinking about you and continuing my prayers. I can’t imagine your pain, hold your wife close and get through this together

Our beloved son passed peacefully from this earth shortly before sunrise this morning. He told me that he was comfortable, and went to sleep. Our sorrow is profound and crushing but tempered somewhat by the opportunity we had to care for him in his final days and let him know how much we loved him.

We would ask that in lieu of flowers or cards that, if possible, a small donation could be made to our local Hospice. In these rural counties, such important non-profit organizations like these are hard pressed to remain in operation. They are a tremendous help to those in situations such as ours. We would have been lost without these great people.
You may send any amount feel you can to:

Hospice of Montezuma
In Memory of William E. De Groff.
P.O. Drawer 740
Cortez, Colorado 81321

And thank you all so very much for your sympathy and support during this most painful chapter of our lives.

Heartbroken and in seclusion for now.

Bob

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

UB, God Bless you and your Family and your departed Son; I am so saddened at your loss. I too have been

down that road and have also lost several close friends to C.

May the Lord give you comfort and understanding.

Hoss C.

Bob, you have my deepest sympathies and most sincere condolences. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you and Miss Carol must be going thru and I pray I never find out. May the good Lord bless and keep y'all.

O God of all spirits and of every flesh, Who did trod down death and overcome the devil, bestowing life on this Your world, to the soul of this Your servant Eddie, departed this life, do You Yourself, O Lord, give rest in a place of light, in a place of green pasture, in a place of refreshment, from where pain and sorrow and mourning have fled away. Every sin by him committed in thought, word, or deed, do You as our Good and Loving God forgive; seeing that there is no man who shall live and sin not, for You alone are without sin. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your Law is truth; for You are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Your servant Eddie, departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory, with Your Eternal Father and Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Prayers up. May the Comforter come to you with the peace that surpasses all understanding.

So sorry or your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord provides comfort and healing to the family, and if there is anything you ever need, even just a sounding board, please do not hesitate to call on any of us

JOHN 3:16

American Standard Version

For God so loved the world,

That he gave his only begotten Son,

That whosoever believeth on him should not perish,

But have eternal life.

I am sorry for your loss.

...prayers up from Creek Nation, Indian Territory...

Mine and Schoolmarm's sincerest condolances in this time of great sadness. No words will ever be enough but the heart knows and feels the kindness.

When it's time, you come back to us, Bob!

Archived