SASS Wire Forum

Hardest post ever I've ever made - Updated with sorrow

Utah Bob #35998

My prayers go out to your son, you, and your family Bob.

I do hope you return when you feel up to it as you are a major ray of sunshine in my mornings. And for that alone I will always be grateful to you.

EC

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, I'm so very sorry to hear of your son's illness. I lost my father to cancer, but never was fortunate enough to have a child. So I cannot imagine the way you feel.

Bob, you once helped me accept being a Viet Nam Vet, even though I never stepped foot out of this country. Your words of support and exceptance helped me greatly in dealing with my low self esteem.

Bob, please do come back and visit with us from time to time. You are loved and respected by a great many people across this country. Take great care my friend, and know you and your family are in my thoughts every day.

Dutchman

I know there's probably a lot of speculation about my absence from the Saloon. I've received messages inquiring as to the cause.

My 37 year old son Bill (or Eddie as he likes to be called) has been diagnosed with advanced inoperable cancer in several organs. He has at best a few months to live although I expect it will be much sooner.

We are of course devastated and grief stricken by this. We are taking care of him here now and will be setting up Hospice assistance this week.

No one should have to go through the death of their child but it happens. My sister in California lost her 26 year old son to cancer so at least I have her to lean on for advice.

So that's the story. I know you will all be sending your prayers and best wishes and I thank you in advance. I hope to return to shooting in the future but we'll see how life moves from this point forward. If I don't return I want you all to know that I treasure your friendship and camaraderie over the years. It has been a great experience.

I will continue to maintain the SASSVets and Cowboy Memorial sites so feel free to direct people there. I have suspended my Facebook account for the time being.

As before, I'll not say goodbye... just hasta luego my friends, and hope to see you again.

Bob

I am sorry to hear about your son Bob.

This dont have to be the end,

If you both know Jesus Christ .

You will see each other again .

God bless.

My Prayers are with you and yours . -_-

My prayers go out for you and your family, UB.

May the hard become easy, may the pain transform into joy, may strength flow from weakness, and God's love and grace conquer all.

GJ

You and your family are in my daily prayers, Bob.

Thank you for your example of strength for us all in your sharing.

Dammit UB,

We all know you as a good man, honorable, intelligent, humorous, ...... It really saddens us to know that you, your family and your son Eddie are having to go through something like this. You are in our prayers and will be until you say you won't be needing them anymore.

Someone once told me "The greater the struggle here on Earth, the greater the reward in Heaven". I hope that's true, but I'm also wishing nobody has to find out.

Take care, come back to us ASAP. And remember, we are all here for you if you need someone to lean on.

Bob.

There is nothing I can say that will make the pain go away, so I will simply pray for you and your family. I will ask the Lord to watch over your family and give you strength, especially your son. May God bless you and yours. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Irish Tom.

May the good Lord bless and keep you till we meet again-----------

UB,

Extremely sorry to hear this news. I'm in. Prayers for comfort, healing and serenity as they are needed.

CBO

Bob; I can only offer my support, prayers and positive thoughts.....you take care and stay strong.

KK

Just stopped in to say a quick but heartfelt Thank You for all the support and sympathy. You folks really are the best!

Bob

Likewise Bob, everytime we see this post our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family!

Archived