SASS Wire Forum

Hardest post ever I've ever made - Updated with sorrow

Utah Bob #35998

Bob,

I believe that like everyone else, when I read your post I felt a sinking feeling and a sadness for you inside. I wish I could offer words that would soothe the pain you, your wife and son must be experiencing. I truly wish there were more that I, and we, could do for you. I have come to like and respect you, and I am honored that you thought enough to share this with us. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and meditations.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob,I hate that I missed this post until now.Prayers up for your son and for the doctors that are taking care of him.May our Lord lay His healing hands on your son.May He lay His hands of knowledge on the doctors treating your son.Prayer up for comfort for your son and you and all you family and friends.Lord we ask for all these things in Your Son's name Amen.

So sad to hear this.

May our Heavenly Father watch over you and your family and send His compassion and love to each of you.

Respectfully

Gateway Kid

UB -

If ever there was a time when someone could be buoyed up by the sheer volume of positive thoughts, prayers, and love, this would be it. What you see here is just the tip of the iceberg of folks who want to reach out and help you shoulder this terrible burden. I hope you can feel it, Bob... it's being sent with heartfelt sincerity.

Regards, TJH

Lord, Jesus Christ, Who suffered and died for our sins that we may live, if during our life we have sinned in word, deed or thought forgive us in Your goodness and love. All our hope we put in You; protect your servant Eddy from all evil. We submit to Your will and into Your hands we commend our souls and bodies. For a Christian end to our lives, peaceful, without shame and suffering, and for a good account before the awesome judgment seat of Christ, we pray to you O Lord. Bless us, be merciful to us and grant us life eternal. Amen.

Love ya, Bob. May God grant you strength and peace in this terrible time.

Seems that the knee mail has been working overtime lately for the SASS Family. Prayers up for the family from Fingers & Lady Fingers McGee.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Utah Bob, a person never knows how much people care till they go through a deep devastation like this. You of course, have my sincere prayers for you and your family. Take your time, you are deeply appreciated in CAS for all you have done for the cowboy folks and our vets. God bless your son and the time you have together.

Good Lord UB. :unsure: My heart breaks for you, your son, family and loved ones. :(

Prayers up during the most difficult time.

Please don't stay away from us any longer than is necessary. We treasure and need your presence here.

God bless,

Birdgun Quail

UB, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The loss of our daughter was the hardest thing I've ever gone through. No words really helped at the time. Know that we care for you and hurt along with you.

UB,

Words fail me. I can only offer my prayers for Bill, you, and your family during these trying times. May the Lord give you strength when you need it most and comfort when your strength is not enough.

Dogmeat Dad

Hey Bob, my heart gvoes out to you and your misses. It's very hard to lose a child. I'll keep you in my prayers. The good news today was that my cancer is on the upswing, blood counts are up and cancer counts are going down. So my brother I'll say another pray for your boy.

Take care of your family

Your Pal

EL NEGRO GATO

Bob,

Take comfort in knowing that your friends are sharing in your sorrow at this news. There's many things in life that don't seem to make sense to us, but we know who is truly in control of all things, and that every heartache and tragedy can be regarded as a blessing when we view through God's perspective. Look at the number of lives touched by your son on this forum, most of whom have never met him, only because we know you. All things do in fact work together for good to those who love Him, who are called according to his purpose. Prayers are lifted for you and your family in this hour. Respectfully, Gracos Kid

UB, I've been trying to respond to this all day. May God give you and your entire family the strength necessary for whatever is to come. It goes without saying that prayers have been going up since I read your post. Please know that you can rely on your friends here for whatever support we can provide.

God bless you, Miss Carol, Eddie and the rest of your family. Please, all y'all take care of yourselves.

Bama Red

Awful sorry for your troubles, UB. Prayers up for you and yours, and we'll still leave the light on for ya.

May God Bless you and your family in this time of great trial that no parent should have to endure.

Prayers up from California.

Bob,

I have tried to find the words to express my sorrow, but it is impossible. You know how to contact me and as I only live a few minutes away, I will help in any way I can.

My prayers are with you all.

Thank you Bob for your spirited debate and for educating so many of us on so many subjects. What you are facing is hard and it is harder to face without the support and friendship of others. I hope to see you here again in the future, but if not I do wish you all the best. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Archived