SASS Wire Forum

Hardest post ever I've ever made - Updated with sorrow

Utah Bob #35998

I know there's probably a lot of speculation about my absence from the Saloon. I've received messages inquiring as to the cause.

My 37 year old son Bill (or Eddie as he likes to be called) has been diagnosed with advanced inoperable cancer in several organs. He has at best a few months to live although I expect it will be much sooner.

We are of course devastated and grief stricken by this. We are taking care of him here now and will be setting up Hospice assistance this week.

No one should have to go through the death of their child but it happens. My sister in California lost her 26 year old son to cancer so at least I have her to lean on for advice.

So that's the story. I know you will all be sending your prayers and best wishes and I thank you in advance. I hope to return to shooting in the future but we'll see how life moves from this point forward. If I don't return I want you all to know that I treasure your friendship and camaraderie over the years. It has been a great experience.

I will continue to maintain the SASSVets and Cowboy Memorial sites so feel free to direct people there. I have suspended my Facebook account for the time being.

As before, I'll not say goodbye... just hasta luego my friends, and hope to see you again.

Bob

UPDATED 3/3/14 on POST 128

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God bless you and your wife Bob - so very sorry to hear this. May some miracle happen - in whatever form to help y'all and expecially Eddie.

You have friends here if you need anything.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

UB, I can not tell you how incredibly sorry I am for you and your family. There just aren't words enough for something like this. Even though I have never met you face to face, I have a huge amount of respect for you, and I do feel blessed that I have at least gotten to talk to you here. I will pray for all of you, and so will Buick. May God help you all through this, and comfort you. And don't forget, we're here for you if you need us!!!

:(:(:(

Bob! You can always call on us for support.

My prayers and thre prayers of my family are extended to include you, your son, and your entire family in this time of trial and sorrow.

May God send comfort and understanding to all of you.

Oh no!

That is horrible news.

However, he is lucky to have you caring for him at your home. My brother, myself, a visiting hospice nurse, and a home health aide to spend the night enabled my mother to spend her last days in her home. That is so much better than a hospital or nursing home.

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

UB, I'm so sorry to hear this horrible news. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace. If you should need anything at all, Uno and I will join all of pards lining up to help.

You are in our prayers for all of the help that the Lord can give your son and all of the comfort that HE can give you.

Duffield

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

So very sorry to hear this, Bob. Lost most of my family to cancer, it is a hard road to travel. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Bob, Sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you and yours. I wish I could impart a word of wisdom to comfort you, but all I can do is say we're here for you if you need us.

UB,

I know there is nothing I can say that will make you and your family feel better under these tragic circumstances . I can only say I am so very sorry for you and your family.

BLESSINGS AND HUGS

He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Many prayers on the way & will add your family, and Eddy, to our prayer list at church. I hope so much that your son has Christ as his savior. He will be in His hands, yours and family will receive the peace and strength so much needed at this time. Be with Eddy and give as much joy as you can in these days. Hasta luego my friend.

I lack the words, but I trust you are able to sense the sorrow, affection and respect I wish I could better convey. Vaya con Dios.

Mark

Bob....I'll never forget what you have done for me over the past 11 years. You've helped me in so many ways that I've lost track. I have the utmost respect for you and I ask My Creator above for help and guidance in the things to come. May he see fit to comfort you and you'r wife in his hands and heal Eddy. Miracles can happen. I'm proof of it. Please take care . I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Wow...just wow. Hard words to read UB and I know it was SO much harder to type them. We were never meant to bury our children...never. We never know what the Good Lord has in His plans for our lives...we just know that He is in control.

What Caliope Cupcake said....great words of advice....."Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deu 31:6)

Prayers up for your son and your family during this difficult time.

Kajun

Dang UB, that breaks our hearts to hear this, I have missed your presense here and wonder oft about you.

LORD GOD, please hear our cries, as the Creator of all we humbly come before you with aching hearts, oh Lord please have your will done in this young man's life and in that of his family and all concerned. But Lord we beg of you to please touch this young man as the Great Physician and rid his body of this insidious disease. Send the Comforter upon him and his family and grant them the peace that passes all understanding. Lord, if it is you will that he travels this journey to it's completion, please let it be as easy as possible. Whatever is you will Lord, may you receive all the glory.

We plead this things in Jesus precious holy name, amen and amen

Archived