SASS Wire Forum

1965 Impala SS

Subdeacon Joe

I am still looking for the 68 Camaro my dad raced in the Trans Am Series back in the day.

Last I heard, it was a dozen or so years ago, it was on the west coast.

They still are wanting his log books to go with the car.

I had a 63 Impala 409 4 speed .

Indigo white with black dim tucked inter.

I sure do wish I still had that car. :)

I had a '64 QB 425 hp 409 with the big 4spd.

I'm rebuilding a Jeep pickup like my dad had when I was a kid.

I have to admit to preferring Ford and Mopar, but I don't buy into the whole rivalry thing. I've seen some GM muscle and pony cars that I would love to own. Heck, I'm equal opportunity, I would like an AMX as well! That was an awesome Impala and a very cool video, though.

I can think of two vehicles I would like back, even though I wasn't the original owner of either. Both were gifts from the original owner, and neither were muscle cars or pony cars. A 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, and a 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

My first one was a '65 Mustang, Vintage Burgandy/black interior. 289, 2 bbl, three on the floor. Had an AM radio with a rear speaker with a factory reverb unit. Don't know if I'd be able to sit in it now,though :huh::lol::blush:

My first one was a '65 Mustang, Vintage Burgandy/black interior. 289, 2 bbl, three on the floor. Had an AM radio with a rear speaker with a factory reverb unit. Don't know if I'd be able to sit in it now,though :huh::lol::blush:

Getting is easy...Getting out is the problem...

Texas Lizard

Do miss my 66 Dodge Charger, fast back and fold down back seats...Did save on room money...And gave a view of the stars...

My cousin had a new 66 Mustang coup with straight 6 and 3 on the floor. One evening he, his younger brother went to ride around town. We ran into a girl he knew and it turned out she was having a pajama party. We picked up five girls and road around all evening. 8 total in a Mustang coup.

That was a tight squeeze! Of course, kinda beneficial once you think about it :blink:^_^:lol::blush:

One of the girls dad had a 63 Cadillac Fleetwood. We'd hang out and go to the drive-in in the Cadilac. I dated one girl for about 6 months. Then I made the mistake of dating one of her friends ONE TIME. My free ride ended. I was voted out of the club.

My cousin had a new 66 Mustang coup with straight 6 and 3 on the floor. One evening he, his younger brother went to ride around town. We ran into a girl he knew and it turned out she was having a pajama party. We picked up five girls and road around all evening. 8 total in a Mustang coup.

That's my 1st car. Bought it in 78. Was fun but it was the most awful car for a Iowa winter. Next car was the one I would want back, a 72 Buick Skylark Suncoupe.

Howdy,

I feel that if you own a car long enuf you get it out of your system.

Ive had several that were quite fun and I don't want them back.

I had em long enuf and that's fine.

But my 64 impala convertible, I would love to have back again.

I only had it about a year, not enuf not hardly.

Best

CR

Gonna have to look it up ,

didn't the 3 and 4 have 3 round tail lights also ?

also had the 375hp , 327 in it :)

makes ya wonder , if that is why I built my first pu into a hotrod

327 , 11to1s , 2.02 valves , 0.98 Isky cam

first car was a 65 Chevelle Malbau wagon , 220 hp 283

CB :lol:

Archived