SASS Wire Forum

Need 8mm mauser brass

You could find some military 30-06, cut the neck off, lube the case well, run it through a full length 8mm size die and trim to the correct length for 8mm. I have made lots of 8mm this way for myself and for my Son. The reason to use the military brass is because a lot of it is not identified as 30-06. I have even used 270, though I did mark the brass so as someone in the future, would not think it's 270. It's a real easy conversion and works well with lead bullets, After firing them you could also, only neck size if the same rifle is going to be used. Hope that helps Ya. :)

You could find some military 30-06, cut the neck off, lube the case well, run it through a full length 8mm size die and trim to the correct length for 8mm. I have made lots of 8mm this way for myself and for my Son. The reason to use the military brass is because a lot of it is not identified as 30-06. I have even used 270, though I did mark the brass so as someone in the future, would not think it's 270. It's a real easy conversion and works well with lead bullets, After firing them you could also, only neck size if the same rifle is going to be used. Hope that helps Ya. :)

I've made a lot of 8MM brass myself using milsurp cases for those same reasons. Also cheaper than buying 8MM brass, WHEN you can find it, which isn't often, especially these days.

Archived