SASS Wire Forum

It happened to me

Hollifer A. Dollar

Yesterday at a local match, we were shooting from a training bay with an open area in the center & 5 shooting lanes on either side. Stage called for shooting pistols from the open area, move to the lane just to the left of the opening to shoot rifle, then to the lane just to the right to shoot shotgun. Loading table was at far left, ULT at far right ends of the line. I staged my rifle first, then my shotgun, then moved to the starting position. Beep, shot pistols, ran to left lane, shot rifle (botched the mandatory reload but that is another story), ran to right lane (efficiently pulling 2 shells while running) & stopped cold. There was no shotgun there! Talk about a Kodak moment - I was told my reaction was classic.

The shooter before me had taken her long guns to the ULT, came back for something, saw my shotgun laying there, thought it was hers & took it to the ULT. She realized her mistake about the time I ran into that empty lane.

I think it was revenge...a few minutes before, I had misread her name on the shooter's list! Thankfully I didn't botch the reload on the reshoot.

Holler

So Hollifer A. Dollar, the next time you better read Kaysedea's name right...I'm sure that is the least she could have done to ya :D :D :D :D

Rye, Kaysedea is blonde too!! :lol:

Kajun

Once I was working the unload table and was watching the shooter on the line. She picked up her shotgun at the load table except she picked up the guys behind hers which was a 12 and hers was a go. When she picked up the shot gun and put the shells in the tube, they went all the way down. She just stood there looking at the gun like what just happened. Gave her a reshoot with the correct gun.

Once I was working the unload table and was watching the shooter on the line. She picked up her shotgun at the load table except she picked up the guys behind hers which was a 12 and hers was a go. When she picked up the shot gun and put the shells in the tube, they went all the way down. She just stood there looking at the gun like what just happened. Gave her a reshoot with the correct gun.

When I got back to my gun cart, the person that moved my gun came over to apologize. Her husband walked up & told a similar story about how she grabbed his shotgun (a 12) thinking it was hers, got to the line, pulled shells for her shotgun (a 20) & was astounded when they disappeared down the barrel.

That is almost as funny as seeing someone put 38 ammo in a 45 rifle, lever it the first time & watch the whole cartridge fall out the end of the barrel! I was running the timer for that one.

Holler

So Hollifer A. Dollar, the next time you better read Kaysedea's name right...I'm sure that is the least she could have done to ya :D :D :D :D

Rye, Kaysedea is blonde too!! :lol:

Kajun

Ha ha Kajun, no I can't attribute this one to Kay...she was working yesterday while I was playing! That said, I do make sure that we don't put the 45 Marlin in the cart next to the 38 Marlin - I do not believe in tempting fate.

Holler

Ha ha Kajun, no I can't attribute this one to Kay...she was working yesterday while I was playing! That said, I do make sure that we don't put the 45 Marlin in the cart next to the 38 Marlin - I do not believe in tempting fate.

Holler

Sorry...it was just low hanging fruit HAD...and when Rye asked if she was blonde it was just fate since Kay is a blonde too...the devil made me do it...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it :D:huh:

I had another shooter take my rifle off the loading table and stage it once........lol. I went to the cart and came back, slid my stuff forward and the guy beside said "that's MY rifle". I looked around for mine and it wasn't there but it was staged in a window and I had some "similar looking" 73 by my shotgun. I got the TO's attention before any bullets started flying.......

That had to be a classic look on your face " What happened to my gun?". CLASSIC ! :o

Thanks for sharing that "Moment" with us ! :lol:

Yesterday at a local match, we were shooting from a training bay with an open area in the center & 5 shooting lanes on either side. Stage called for shooting pistols from the open area, move to the lane just to the left of the opening to shoot rifle, then to the lane just to the right to shoot shotgun. Loading table was at far left, ULT at far right ends of the line. I staged my rifle first, then my shotgun, then moved to the starting position. Beep, shot pistols, ran to left lane, shot rifle (botched the mandatory reload but that is another story), ran to right lane (efficiently pulling 2 shells while running) & stopped cold. There was no shotgun there! Talk about a Kodak moment - I was told my reaction was classic.

The shooter before me had taken her long guns to the ULT, came back for something, saw my shotgun laying there, thought it was hers & took it to the ULT. She realized her mistake about the time I ran into that empty lane.

I think it was revenge...a few minutes before, I had misread her name on the shooter's list! Thankfully I didn't botch the reload on the reshoot.

Holler

And....did run over to the UT to retrieve your shotgun and finish the match?

And....did run over to the UT to retrieve your shotgun and finish the match?

The knockdowns would have made it a tougher shot. Imagine the look on the ULT officer if I had run over there, grabbed it, let go with 4 then said "Shotgun clear?".

Holler

Happened to me at a WB match before it was clear that only the shooter touches his/her guns. Spotter had a brain cramp and thought the stage was over and helped by picking up the SG and taking it over to the unloading table. The stage was NOT over and I'm sure the look on my face was priceless as I ran to the SG statioin and was totally confused as to where the SG was or where I should be.

SBS

Saw this happen to Rodent at a DSC match in Michigan last year. Stage starts out with rifle in mine shaft, move to the right and shoot shotgun, then move again to the right and shoot pistols.

Rodent shoots the rifle, makes it safe at the mine shaft, runs to the shotgun......no gun.....runs all the way back to the loading table and retrieves shotgun, completes the stage just like he meant to do it that way! Never seen him move so fast............

I got to tell y'all-it was the funniest thing I've seen since the hogs ate my brother!! You shouda heard the panic in his voice. I watched him stage the shotgun, so I knew it was supposed to be there. Holler is a standup guy, so also knew it was not gonna be a problem-gave him a reshoot after we all got thru laughin'.

Oh-the lady in question is now and forevermore known as " Shotgun Thief." :D:D:D

At a local match last summer, I had my guns laying on the loading table. Had a lady shooter in front of me. Leaving my revolvers on the table, I stepped away from the loading table for a moment, to throw my loading strip on my cart. When I came back to the table, my shotgun was gone. The shooter behind me said the lady in front of me had taken my gun! I t turned out she shared a shotgun with her husband. He had forgotten to take the gun over to the loading table for her. Wasn't any big deal, as she finished the stage, I asked the RO to grab the shotgun for me. What was really funny was the look on her face after she realized she had picked up the wrong gun. A KODAK moment, for sure.

Archived