SASS Wire Forum

Photos: Frontier Life In The West

Rancho Roy

Great pics. Thanks!

Them Indians sure do keep a close shave! Notice there is nobody that's obese back then. It also makes me wonder how they ever could stay alive during winters like we have had this year. I had no idea oxen when bound together with a yoke that one could lay down and the other stand. That's something you wouldn't think of. Very cool pics. Thanks

Someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong but I remember learning in grade school that Indians do not grow facial hair. That's why you never see a pure blood with a beard of any kind. If anyone can shed some light on this please do. I'd hate to think I've been fooled all those years.

BTW amazing photos.

If I remember Anthropology correctly, native Indians are thought to have crossed over the land bridge from Asia during the last ice age. Many Asians cannot grow large amounts of facial hair either, so it is supposed to be a genetic thing. It would be incorrect to say that Indians don't grow any facial hair at all, in fact I've seen a few with some. But I don't think it is ever very substantial unless there are some other genetics at play. I could be way off base, but I think that's what I was taught.

Thanks!

Beautiful pictures :wub:

It's great to see the real "wild west". :)

Especially when you are away to the east as I am... :D

Jef

Archived