SASS Wire Forum

Ever track a USPS package?

To think, I could have driven a couple hours south to pick this up. MT

Package sent 1st Class last Saturday (2/1/14) to me from Orlando, Fl.

Received 12:47 pm 2/1/14 for sort destination.

Durham, N.C. (yup, Durham, N.C) Package received 2/4/14, 10:43AM for transfer to destination

Savannah, Ga Received 2/6/14 4:14PM Package received for transfer to destination.

expected delivery to destination: 2/8/14

Hey, you're goin' to get that fast. Check out the Post Office tracking below on a package I received. I will never ship or have any shipped via the Post Office again.

Date & Time
Status of Item
February 4, 2014 , 2:29 pm

Delivered

CAROL STREAM, IL 60188

February 4, 2014 , 8:39 am

Out for Delivery

CAROL STREAM, IL 60188

February 4, 2014 , 8:29 am

Sorting Complete

CAROL STREAM, IL 60188

February 4, 2014 , 5:28 am

Arrival at Post Office

CAROL STREAM, IL 60188

February 2, 2014 , 5:05 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

February 1, 2014 , 10:28 pm

January 26, 2014 , 2:32 am

January 25, 2014 , 1:37 am

January 24, 2014 , 10:53 pm

January 22, 2014 , 1:08 am

January 21, 2014 , 10:40 pm

January 17, 2014 , 11:40 am

January 14, 2014 , 9:43 pm

January 14, 2014

Depart USPS Sort Facility

January 9, 2014 , 10:17 pm

Depart USPS Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

January 9, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received

If I listed half the problems I have had recently with usps I would be two days of typing. Just saying they don't have their shixx together at all. Lost packages, found packages sitting at one location for over a month, mail lost, shipments torn open, etc. They lose $ because of the poor service. When they lost two postal money orders I purchased from them and mailed thru them, I had to pay to cancel them because they lost them. Then the slap in the face was it will take up to 60 days to refund your money.

I've been using USPS Priority Flat Rate to ship all over the country, probably 2-3 dozen packages in the last 18 months, longest it ever took was 4 days. Guess I been lucky!

As my postmaster explained to me, they can only track it as far as its last "scan". If it leaves (scanned out) a post office they have no idea where it is until it is "scanned in" at another facility.

I shipped a jewelry box to an address 44 miles from the post office that I shipped it from on January 22, 2014 and it is sitting in a sort facility in San Diego, has been for the last 12 days and they can't tell me when it will be delivered. I don't ship with them very often and they screw it up about half the time.

Hmmmmm - let me get this straight - this is ran by the US Government.

The same people to whom we are turning a large hunk of our health care system over.

- humbly submitted

Only time I ever TRIED to use their tracking system, it would only tell me when it had been delivered.

HELLO, I think I would know when it was delivered if it was coming to me.

But I am certain that the healthcare thing will be worked out for us well before we need it......... :huh:

well here is some info I got on this. Congress regulates the USPS but does not pay any TAX money for operation. They have to survive on stamp money. Congress has also relaxed shipping requirements (quietly) So you get what you pay for. First class packages are not tracked UNLESS you pay additional .90. and they are taking longer because they are set aside due to relaxed standards in favor of the Priority Mail. I also found out that Priority mail IS NOT a delivery guarentee date....just expected date. But they do offer a money back guarentee on Express Mail with a date and time guarentee. I know this because I was quoted a 12:00 delivery on an Express box and it arrived at 12:07 pm AND I GOT MY MONEY BACK.

I also found out when I went to UPS (the brown clowns) because I was mad at the USPS their Next Day air and 2-Day air is NOT guarenteed in fact they do not back any of their services with a money back Guarentee. So Marshall Troop let see 2hr drive = 120 miles at 30 miles to a gallon of gas comes out to 4 gallons of gas X the return trip = 8 Gallons X 3.45 (in my area) = $27.60 plus your time and probally a lunch stop in there. You could have went with the UPPS guarenteed box for 20 bucks with a guarenteed date and time and your money back if it did not get there. Not sayin they don't have room for improvement they HAVE A Lot of room for that. But you mail as "cheap as possible" you get as cheap as possible.

I had difficulty understanding why mail from Denver to Colorado Springs 75 miles away had to go to Albuquerque then to Santa Fe and then to Pueblo and finnaly to the Springs some 10 days later....??? :angry::huh:

I bought a flat rate box of shotgun hulls from Sassy Teton Lady in December. It left Orlando on December 17th, went to a military post office in Singapore somewhere along the way, lit back in San Francisco mid-January, and I finally got it about two weeks ago...

The Mrs. bought a computer from someplace in Miami, FL on Jan. 10. A couple days later it was in Jacksonville sorting.

Lost track of it for a little while, then the beggining of this week it was in Puerto Rico. Next day it was OUT FOR DELIVERY still in PUERTO RICO! Then it was back at PR Post Office. Not sure where it is now. The last "email update" said they had nothing to update. (???)

BTW, We're in Missouri, US of A

And they wonder why they're losing money.

Angus

Ok if we're telling events here goes. I had a package shipped to me in Texas from a person in California with insurance and tracking. Tracking showed it arrived in Pennsylvania 3 days later, I called the post office and they could not tell me why it was there. Then tracking showed it out for delivery then back at the facility for a couple days. Then 3 days later showed back up in California at the same facility were it was shipped to PA. The best guess was the bar code label was typed wrong at that facility. Spent a couple days there and I finally got it 2 days after leaving California the second time.

I had difficulty understanding why mail from Denver to Colorado Springs 75 miles away had to go to Albuquerque then to Santa Fe and then to Pueblo and finnaly to the Springs some 10 days later....??? :angry::huh:

cause them pony express rider ride like hell but get lost easy plus they can't see that 14000+ ft hill to the west :D:P:lol::lol::lol:

The real fun starts when UPS or FedX turns a package over to USPS for delivery to it's final destination. Once USPS gets a hold of it, all tracking info stops until it's delivered. The transfer also ads two to four days to the delivery time. I guess this method saves the shipper money, but it sure don't do much for "Good Will".

Don't even get me started on trying to locate a package that got "Lost" somewhere along the line. :angry::(:angry:

Mail has to routed thru USPS closest sniffing facilities (drugs, bombs and tea bags).

I can write (yes I'm educatted and can rite) a letter to my neighbor. Does the local PO cancel the stamp and put the letter in my neighbors box, nope. It goes to 2 other PO to get sniffed and back again.

Archived