SASS Wire Forum

Fools' Gold -- support thread

That's how to do it Bama!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent shooting pard!

I was wrenching on my car most of the afternoon yesterday and today and am closing in on having it ready to start after a total engine rebuild I have been working on for the last 9 months. I'd tell you all what a help Blackwater has been, but he'd be embarrassed.

Excellent shooting pard!

I was wrenching on my car most of the afternoon yesterday and today and am closing in on having it ready to start after a total engine rebuild I have been working on for the last 9 months. I'd tell you all what a help Blackwater has been, but he'd be embarrassed.

I feel your pain. I've had a truck build goin on two years. Been some pretty serious scope creep with it though.

Folks, sorry I've been absent so long, but I'm trying to get these meds under control. I felt good enough today to go visit the fine folks at North Alabama Regulators. I got there late and they were shooting their second stage of the morning, but I just jumped right in and shot the rest of the stages and then went back and picked up the first stage for a clean match, only the second of my career!

Thanks to all that helped me get through the match!

Good news!

Thank you Linn, that means a lot! Traipse on over to The Dreams of the Golden Aspen as well, and if that taint enuff, search the saloon for Free Grazers, that was the story that the Golden Aspen spun from...

and, if you would like, join in on either or both!

Cheyenne

Thank you for the kind invitation, Cheyenne!

I'll tread lightly ... kind of like Jacob just did on that mountain trail.

Power was out here since 'bout 2:00 a.m. They came through here about 5:00 p.m. and got it back on. I'll add some to the story a little later this evening.

We're fine, got a lot of tree branches to police up later. The ice got one of the pines I planted when we moved here almost 38 years ago. It was a gnarly Norway Spruce that had barely survived the '94 ice storm. I hate that I'll have to cut it down this time.

bummer, I've got a Norway that I planted in 77, it was about 3" in diameter then, wasn't easy by myself. must be close to 35' high now.

come visit, course yu gotta bring swmbo2 with you

well, if the shoe fits.....

big shoes to fill

Well thanks to a friends generator I have now have power back in the house. We lost it sometime last night.

There's lines down across two driveways trapping the occupants down the road from us but apparently that ain't a priority at the moment.

Sometimes I get frustrated with people...

But anyway, I'll try to add a bit to the story before I go to sleep here...

Stay warm and safe! The folks over that way got it worse than we did here. Lots of poles down in Dickson County. Police over there are delivering bottled water to those who aren't willing to go to shelters.

Yeah my mother in law has been callin all day askin how we're doin.

We haven't seen any news not having power, but according to her Dickson Co is a topic right now, haha!

The house only got down to 55 or so before we got the generator hooked up. Everybody's warm and sleeping now, except me.

Well I hope at least you're warm, Tom.

That genny IS outside, right?

We were down to forty in the house before the power was restored, but we had one room warm.

Yeah out on the deck.

We had a propane heater in the 55 degree part of the house, not sure what it got down to in the other parts.

Looks like the cold weather broke here at long last.............

got up to 14 now and holding steady, more snow is coming but light snow, maybe 2".

But we've already got dang near 60" on the ground already here at my ranch !

Hech Hawk In summet county in COLO. we have a total of 357 inches of snow with about 334 inches still on the ground.

:wub: tha''s wut!

yup

Couple years or so ago there was some tremendous writing on a story called " Truth is Stranger Than Fiction" with Patches and Greenriver as the movers and shakers....they did a helluva job. When they got tired of it Flint, myself, Blackwater, and a couple others went off on our own adventures and learned a lot a think along with getting some fair to middling stories written. Sadly that was mostly lost.

However, this latest epic is top notch and I've got to commend all of you for the efforts you've put forth on a resoundingly good tale!!!!! This mystery that Calico has devised lends much to the story overall theme. Writing critic I ain't but I know a good story when I see it.

Archived