SASS Wire Forum

Fools' Gold -- support thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

351 Cleveland stroked to 393 with forged and internally balanced rotating assembly mated to a Lakewood blowproof bellhousing, Centerforce steel flywheel and Zoom Kevlar 3 finger clutch and a modified T-45 5 speed now in place in my 73 Mach 1. Blackwater's son came by and gave me the help I needed to muscle it into place on the motor mounts and assisted while I put in the transmission crossmember and put the car back on the wheel dollies.

351 Cleveland stroked to 393 with forged and internally balanced rotating assembly mated to a Lakewood blowproof bellhousing, Centerforce steel flywheel and Zoom Kevlar 3 finger clutch and a modified T-45 5 speed now in place in my 73 Mach 1. Blackwater's son came by and gave me the help I needed to muscle it into place on the motor mounts and assisted while I put in the transmission crossmember and put the car back on the wheel dollies.

Sounds like a fun car!

Don't none of y'all take pitty on ol' Three Fingers. We'll finish the killin' later on today!! ;)

I CAN be a NASSSSSSSSTY person when the need arises. ;)

I haven't been feeling too well that last few days so y'all forgive me if I haven't been doin' my share. I'm starting to feel a little better now so keep on writing and I'll get with the program shortly.

I'm running into the same problem, Blackwater. These meds, esp. the painkillers, have me a lot more loopy than normal. I can manage a sentence or two OK, but connecting a narrative is real hard. I keep forgetting what I just wrote and have a lot of trouble making sense of the story and my character's place in it.

I'll try to keep up until these two new meds decide to settle down and get along with the others.

Ahhhh, the pleasures of aging!

I don't think this was a med thing. It felt more like that viral thing I had last spring. Not as bad mind you, but the symptoms were the same. They just all didn't jump on at one time and this time I was really tired the day before. Last time I was really in great shape right up until the morning it got me. I'm feeling some better this morning.

Bama!! You take care of yourself. If you ain't sure, call the doctor and tell him what's goin' on!!!

Yeah, I was at the doc's office yesterday and the day before.

I think what I really need is some cowboyin', so I'm gonna do my damndest to make the NAR monthly shoot Sunday. Can't shoot rifle or shootgun due to the central line plugged into my right chest, unless I shoot left-handed, but I'm gonna take some guns and maybe do a little shooting on an empty stage.

I'm sure I could do that Cody, but with my knee still very unsteady, and using a walker to get around, I feel I'd be a safety hazard, especially trying to move on some of those rough surfaces and steps.

dang Bama! thit makes my heart ache! prayers up for you... I'll try not to step on your toes...

I wanted to shoot at Wartrace this Saturday, but between the way I feel and finances......

I've got to go to Murfreesboro Sunday for my mom's eightieth birthday party and I really can't justify two trips what with gas and other expenses being what they are.

This month has been a medical nightmare for me. All little piddling things, but with Schoolmarm's insurance changing because of OdumbassCare we now have deductibles that have to be met before the policy kicks in completely. New glasses and contacts for her, treatment for a missdiagnosed case of pneumonia she apparently suffered last fall, (They said it was her allergies) and my maintainance stuff the Medicare says it'll cover and then they crawfish on it..................... Anyways it's turning out to be a tough month!

I MUST be feeling a little better. I'm really able to BITC# good right now!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I wanted to shoot at Wartrace this Saturday, but between the way I feel and finances......

I've got to go to Murfreesboro Sunday for my mom's eightieth birthday party and I really can't justify two trips what with gas and other expenses being what they are.

This month has been a medical nightmare for me. All little piddling things, but with Schoolmarm's insurance changing because of OdumbassCare we now have deductibles that have to be met before the policy kicks in completely. New glasses and contacts for her, treatment for a missdiagnosed case of pneumonia she apparently suffered last fall, (They said it was her allergies) and my maintainance stuff the Medicare says it'll cover and then they crawfish on it..................... Anyways it's turning out to be a tough month!

I MUST be feeling a little better. I'm really able to BITC# good right now!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That's funny, I don't care who you are! the part higlighted in red, not all your other troubles.

Seriously though I hope all y'all get to feelin better soon.

Ya' like that, HUH?

You gotta laugh. It don't do any good to cry.

There's a lot of folks that'll tell ya' it ain't too funny when it's kickin' yer a$$.

Ain't really troubles I can't handle. Just aggravates the pi$$ outa' me when I see some do-nothing welfare recipient or illegal alien getting better insurance for $100.00 than I can buy on the same program for three to five times as much! It's just another case of redistributing the wealth, which I have none.

NOTE TO MISS ALLIE: Sorry 'bout the political rant! Hands out, palms up, awaiting chastisement. :unsure:

Thank goodness they haven't figured out how to punish us for our thoughts yet!

Bama- if writing is a burden, take a break until you feel better or just write a line or two at a time. We can all work to keep you in the story until you are back to your old ornery self.

Blackwater . . . you still ain't right ;)

I may not be right, but I'm what you're left with!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No idea if Chicory was actually growing wild in Colorado in 1880.

Colonials introduced it in the early 1700's, and it was all over the south during the civil war so... I plugged some into the story.

Just so the historically accurate purists don't get me, there's my disclaimer.

Well Louis L'Amour wrote about it in several of his books in that time period. So it has to be true, right ;)

Now that made me laugh.

I like his books, but they ain't real serious reading.

Thought about that one myself. Not sure one could go wrong with any of L'Amour's characters. At this point if I change mine it will probably be just Cody as too many people have started calling me that. My son's name is Cody; get's a bit confusing when he comes with me to a match :lol:

Archived