SASS Wire Forum

Fools' Gold -- support thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't write them but sure like to read them.

Shoot, start writin' I bet others will join you; I midght consider it but I'll warn you I'm not too good at writing anything other than code for programming. I'm tryin to catch up on "Dreams of the Golden Aspen Ranch" so I can add to it.

We goin' strait up grit western or something else? You know I'm in!!

I want anyone to join in that will 1) enjoy themselves; 2) try and post at least once every 2-3 days (more is okay) 3) be respectful of one another's characters, and not do anything out of character to them or on their behalf unless by consent after pm 4) stick to it until the story runs its course which may take a month or more.

My current plan is to start a post on Friday after work with no specific direction, We'll gather initial writers and go from there

Any of you writers or would-be writers ought to give this a shot!

It is a real hoot, a good way to meet other Saloonatics and it'll teach you a little writing style and discipline. I'm in!

A general outline of when, where, and what would be a big help. That way writers can tailor their efforts and it makes it easier to maintain the story and timeline.

I will try to check back and contribute when I can.

I usually spend a good amount of time checking info, timelines, and historical details just to be sure I am about 80% correct. sometimes a little literary freedom makes for a better story.

I am guessing we would be free to write in new characters as well.

Sounds like fun!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

A general outline of when, where, and what would be a big help. That way writers can tailor their efforts and it makes it easier to maintain the story and timeline.

I will try to check back and contribute when I can.

I usually spend a good amount of time checking info, timelines, and historical details just to be sure I am about 80% correct. sometimes a little literary freedom makes for a better story.

I am guessing we would be free to write in new characters as well.

Sounds like fun!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

JJJ! Give J. Mark a shout on the PM.

We talked about around 1880 when I spoke to him. We live close and shoot together so we talk often. We had a good one going a few years ago, but the Wire changed formats and we lost the whole thing. This time we're gonna' try to save it or print it regularly to keep the material.

There was a couple of months and several full thread pages lost when the other one disappeared.

Blackie, though you taint written in it, we had had you and schoolmarm in ours for almost a year now...just sayin....

The first post will be a prologue. I've started it and done enough basic research that the story's premise is not too far from what could have happened. I've shared a bit with a few of you and you are each welcome to share it with other writers. I am just one person-this may be my idea, but once we start, it is everyone's story, so feel free to create sub plots and side stories as we go. I am fairly confident that the prologue should will give you all some ideas

I have not participated before. Do we simply post our contributions or do we run them by you first? If several of us post text at the same time I foresee that things could get confusing.

mostly, we just pm one another to bounce ideas off of one another if it is something significant, and just post as we please when it is generally consistent with the storyline. Pretty loosey goosey.

No bosses on this-not me, nor anyone else, Write what you want and have fun

and as far as I am concerned a poorly written post is still a 100 times better than no post at all- when you start following one of these threads, you'll see how true that really is.

JJJ! Give J. Mark a shout on the PM.

We talked about around 1880 ... we lost the whole thing. This time we're gonna' try to save it or print it regularly to keep the material.

There was a couple of months and several full thread pages lost when the other one disappeared.

I SAVED 'EM IF'N YOU WANTEM BLACKIE-- the ones mostly started and written by JJ-- Jailhouse Jim

Judging by the way this one is starting out, it has the potential to become another "Desperation Trail"!

That one was about seven years ago and had 'bout a dozen primary writers. Best I recall, it took us two or three months to finish that one. What a great experience!

Imbeciles? who yu bin tawking with, Calico?

I'm trying to weave in and out as I have time. I'm following the progress and adjusting my thoughts as the storyline develops. Hang in there. I feel a twist coming.

yu blue eyed vixen!!!

neener neener!!!

getting a lil green are we?

:D :D :D

Archived