SASS Wire Forum

CAS Pistol, Rifle, & Shotgun How To Video Recommendation

Zekest Crowe

Howdy,

Been shooting in local matches for the last two years, and asked as many questions as I have been comfortable in bugging shooters about.

I am looking for recommendations for DVDs that I can use to learn more in the home, practicing and dry firing, during the week nights.

Y'all have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Look up how to shoot cowboy action shooting.Jim Finch on you tube.He has some really helpful vids.

Cowboy Action Shooting with the Champions DVD

5 world and national champions demo how they run '97s. SXSs, pistol 2 handed, duelist, gunfighter, '73s and Marlins

Only how-to video I know of that has a women talking about/demo shooting

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1425

pretty good that you get 5 different people, each talking about what they do best

Thank you all for all of the great information!

After watching Long Hunter's videos on the SASS Homepage, and on UTube, ordered his DVD, partly as a thank you to Jim Finch, and the information looks great.

Ordered Volume I "Handguns" from Evil Roy. Will order more, I am sure.

Ordered Cowboy Shooting with the Champions from Unique Tek because it sounds great, and it might also help my wife, who is also a cowboy shooter.

Thank you all!

After typing this up, I read Bart's post and "Transitions" will be my next order from Evil Roy!

Zekest,

Once you watch all those DVD's and youtube vids, the key is PRACTICE.

And make sure you practice using correct techniques. Try not to be sloppy.

To be O.K., practice alittle.

To be fairly proficient, practice alittle more.

To be good, practice about every evening, maybe each day on weekends.

To be one of the tops, wear yourself out. Get blisters on your thumbs from thumbing the pistols. Sore elbows from running your 97. Tired wrist from working the SxS. Pinched and punctured fingers from running the lever super fast (its always good to keep some superglue and bandages around for the rifle practices).

And keep an eye open and watch those top shooters in your area. And one of the big pluses is when you can visit a big match and hopefully catch a class being offered by one of our top shooters. Some of these classes are free and some have a nominal fee, depending upon the extent of the class.

Sometimes, a Top Shootin '97 shooter might have a short class on the '97 only, FREE.

Sometimes, just being on a posse with a top shooter can be beneficial. I've yet to meet a top shooter that wasn't willing to give some helpful info when ask.

Good luck.

p.s. - personally, I like the video's that Deuce has put on YouTube and one I've seen by Longhunter (Jim Finch).

..........Widder

Zekest,

Once you watch all those DVD's and youtube vids, the key is PRACTICE.

And make sure you practice using correct techniques. Try not to be sloppy.

To be O.K., practice alittle.

To be fairly proficient, practice alittle more.

To be good, practice about every evening, maybe each day on weekends.

To be one of the tops, wear yourself out. Get blisters on your thumbs from thumbing the pistols. Sore elbows from running your 97. Tired wrist from working the SxS. Pinched and punctured fingers from running the lever super fast (its always good to keep some superglue and bandages around for the rifle practices).

And keep an eye open and watch those top shooters in your area. And one of the big pluses is when you can visit a big match and hopefully catch a class being offered by one of our top shooters. Some of these classes are free and some have a nominal fee, depending upon the extent of the class.

Sometimes, a Top Shootin '97 shooter might have a short class on the '97 only, FREE.

Sometimes, just being on a posse with a top shooter can be beneficial. I've yet to meet a top shooter that wasn't willing to give some helpful info when ask.

Good luck.

p.s. - personally, I like the video's that Deuce has put on YouTube and one I've seen by Longhunter (Jim Finch).

..........Widder

Sounds about right to me. I'm just startin' out too..soo no advice. But Widder seems to have percolated down the essentials that I have heard a bunch from other pards here and at my club.

Archived