SASS Wire Forum

SO....Who's coming to the cowboy charity shoot for St Judes?

Dapper Dan,SASS#27235L

Matthew Duncan was on our posse. He loaned his shotgun belt to our grandson so he could shoot stage 8 easier. The Acoustic Kid was happy and I was impressed. Thank You, Matthew Duncan!!!!!

Thrilled we were over $40,000 again. Yippeeeee! It was an awesome weekend.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthew Duncan was on our posse. He loaned his shotgun belt to our grandson so he could shoot stage 8 easier. The Acoustic Kid was happy and I was impressed. Thank You, Matthew Duncan!!!!!

Thrilled we were over $40,000 again. Yippeeeee! It was an awesome weekend.

Stages require some thinking and very very fun.

Lead gods where with me the first 4stages, no misses.

Stage 5. Two pistols targets. 1 on 1, 3 on 2 and 1 on 1. I did a 1 - 3 and holster, what's the posse screaming about?! A lightning draw sent the 5th round down range, DING! Take that you blasted Yankee! Pulled the second pistol and the first round went down range somewhere, blasted target placement cost me a clean match. :)

Lunch was unbreaded tenderloin about the size of Texas! No brownies. :( But I have by a high authority tomorrow there will a special batch waiting for me. :)

Rode back to the bunkhouse to clean up a bit. Got 2 hours before the Steak supper as long as I stay wake zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tell me bout dem steaks? Worth price of admission wasn't it?

This was my seventh season for St. Jude's. I will never miss it while I am drawing a breath unless I am to sick to go. If I am unable to shoot, I will go for the comraderie. I call it a Social Event where we raise money for "The Kids" and along the way, we do some shooting.

Thanks to Ol' #7, Muleskinner Mary, T.A. Spurs, Shamrock Sis and Dapper Dan for putting on a weekend for the ages. If you've never been there, it is a "Must See" event. You may arrive a stranger but you will leave as Family.

Once again the hills of "Western" Illinois rumbled with the thunder of burning black powder. The clanging of the steel targets. The cheers and laughter of the competitors. The 15th Annual Cowboy Charity Shoot to benifit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital was last weekend. Hosted by the Illowa Irregulars, The Shady Creek Shootist, and the ladies from the Epsilon Sigma Alpha Sorority. Side matches on Friday included team shooting events, and a three stage Wild Bunch match. A Chili dinner, (excellent chili i might add). Sat. had the first 5 stages of the main match. Grilled Pork tenderloin for lunch. A STEAK dinner. Silent auctions, Live auctions, Prize drawings, and did i mention STEAK Dinner? Sunday was 5 more main match stages. lunch then the awards ceremony. The first time this event was held in 2000 $900. was raised. This shoot has grown to be one of the best and most fun events in the midwest. This years total.............................................$42,000!!!!!!!!!!! Six years running that this event has raised over $40,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a total so far of $384,458!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every year i'm awwed by the people who play this game and step up and donate for the cause. It's not "give `til it hurts" it's "Give until they find the cure" after all "IT"S FOR THE KIDS"!!!!!

Archived