SASS Wire Forum

SO....Who's coming to the cowboy charity shoot for St Judes?

Dapper Dan,SASS#27235L

Work conflict resolved....again.

Took the '66 apart for a good cleaning. Even ran the carrier thru the wet tumbler, came out looking new!

Shotgun shells, yep.

45 Colt ammo loade, yep.

Annual bath, scheduled.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthew, about that bath. You're in luck. We have a creek that runs through the property ^_^

Then I can wait until after the match! :)

Well here we are only 2 weeks away from this great shoot (man, do I need to get busy - I still have a ton of stuff to do :huh: ). I'm on my way to Sam's in a little while to get a bunch of stuff bought for meals and what not. We still have plenty of spots left for people to sign up so please, if you haven't yet and you are planning to attend, get those applications in the mail. We'll be ordering steaks for the fantastic steak dinner in less than a week so we need firm numbers!!!

REMEMBER - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Annual bath, done

If'n I've done the math rightly, only 2 more weekends till THE match......

Dang.. I just found out our Grandson's graduation is that Sunday..

Lacey & I may have to shoot through on Saturday...

I've never done this... Doesn't sound like fun ta me..

Sounds like a very long day..

If...

We shoot though.. attend the Saturday Night Banquet, the Charity Auction after that..

and then head fer home....Whew!! :unsure:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' if I pull this off, I'll be a tired ol' puppy.. :wacko:

Rance:

I'm sure having you shooting through will not be a problem for us. You will be a bit tired at the end, but you can move through at a comfortable pace for you & Lacey. Shoot early in the order on your first stage, move to the next and get ready calmly, then shoot when ready. As long as Sis knows what you're doing, the posse leaders will be expecting you. If you keep up that pace, it really isn't all that bad. For the last two years at Fall Round-Up, the worker posse has shot through 10 straight on Thursday with only 3-6 people shooting...now THAT is tiring!

FWIW, if you need nap time between the end of the shoot and the steak dinner, you're welcome to use my trailer.

CS

Thanks Count... sounds like some good advice...

Already notified Sis and they are OK with it too...

Nap time.. well.. It will probably be back at our motel ta get ready fer the banquet..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' yer camper is sure nice and close though...

Thanks again..

See ya all Friday fer side match day...

Edit: Just was thinkin'.. I won't have a motel room fer Saturday night..

Count... here we come.. thanks..

Dang.. I just found out our Grandson's graduation is that Sunday..

Lacey & I may have to shoot through on Saturday...

I've never done this... Doesn't sound like fun ta me..

Sounds like a very long day..

If...

We shoot though.. attend the Saturday Night Banquet, the Charity Auction after that..

and then head fer home....Whew!! :unsure:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' if I pull this off, I'll be a tired ol' puppy.. :wacko:

Awfully inconsiderate of schools to have graduation during the Charity Shoot <_<

Marshal , Thinking that after all that, you'll be too tired to go to the graduation on Sunday, Chance Morgun -_-

Have to bump this thing back to the top one last time. We put posses together last night and all the shooter packets are ready to go. Ended up with 158 actual shooters - sure hope everybody shows up. This is one of the greatest matches there is (a 2 day shoot for $20 is unheard of) and it's for the best cause in the whole wide world - what can be better than saving children's lives???!!!! We raised $45,945 last year - hoping to beat it this year - wouldn't an even $50,000 be nice???!!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!

Shamrock Sis

Annual bath, done

If'n I've done the math rightly, only 2 more weekends till THE match......

Did you git between yer toes? :P

See ya ina few days.

CR

btt - for the kids!!!!! Paper work is all done - setting up the stages at the range tomorrow - working all week at the range to make sure everything is perfect. Weather doesn't look too terrible - maybe some very scattered showers on Saturday but definitely not the wash out we had last year. Can't wait!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

I can't wait, this is one of those that is a "have to go" match for the kids. We promoted the match locally yesterday at McLean County Peacemakers as well.

My wife is even considering going! Wow!

Rain, sunshine, cloudy or smelly cowboys, we're going to have fun for these St Jude's kids.

Rev

Turn signal fixed on Gray. Don't want to give any of those Yankees an excuse to pull me over since I'm carrying an arsenal of a rifle, shotgun and two pistols.

Gray's bed cleaned out.

Cleaned and reassembled '66 worked flawlessly yesterday. It's ready to go.

Hotel reservations, confirmed.

5 more days...

Just checked the ammo count. Need a couple more boxes of 12 gauge for the grannie annie side match. Looks like a hoot. I even talked my wife into attending the steak fry (She met TA Spus two years ago and skipped last year????).

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Chancy

Work day yesterday was very successful - we had a great worker posse turn out (thanks to everyone who was there) - got all the stages set up and ready to go - got a trailer rented to store all the great prizes we have for raffle and auction. Today is table and chair washing and once the tent is set up Thursday and all tables and chairs set out and side matches set up, we'll be ready to rock and roll.

Just 3 days to go before the most generous folks in the world do their best to save another child's life - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Yep.. Gotta' have plenty of shotgun ammo fer Grannie Annies Revenge..

I'll load my ammo box, kinda' clean up the stagecoach, get stuff loaded Thursday..

and hit the road Friday...

Just a couple more days..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' Lacey and I will see you folks there :)

Did I read somewhere y'all are going to be a using ACES and are a needing more iPads?

Sis...

I'll bring my Ipad also... Just in case...

Dang... It's gonna be a fun shoot...

Great folks showin' up to shoot...

Sure wish I didn't have to shoot through...

Rance

Thinkin' gotta bring the checkbook for the auction too

Matthew,

I think we'll be OK with ipads but if you have one and wouldn't mind us using it if we need it, we'd appreciate you bringing it along.

Thanks,

Shamrock Sis

I have a mini iPad that I'll bring, charged and ready to go.

Sis...

I'll bring my Ipad also... Just in case...

Dang... It's gonna be a fun shoot...

Great folks showin' up to shoot...

Sure wish I didn't have to shoot through...

Rance

Thinkin' gotta bring the checkbook for the auction too

Rance..... I'm thinking a second mortgage on the house might be enough. Either that or sell my firstborn. ;)

Got home from work 3 hours late. I'm beat. I'm feeling old.

Wait till morning to load Gray...TOMORROW! THE MATCH IS TOMORROW! YIPIEE. I feel young again!

My Indian Scout Tomtom took right to the range.

Beautiful setup!

Great supper. Fantastic brownies for desert.

Weather couldn't be any better.

In the hotel room impatiently waiting for 6 AM alarm to go off.

And the brownies.....!

Stages require some thinking and very very fun.

Lead gods where with me the first 4stages, no misses.

Stage 5. Two pistols targets. 1 on 1, 3 on 2 and 1 on 1. I did a 1 - 3 and holster, what's the posse screaming about?! A lightning draw sent the 5th round down range, DING! Take that you blasted Yankee! Pulled the second pistol and the first round went down range somewhere, blasted target placement cost me a clean match. :)

Lunch was unbreaded tenderloin about the size of Texas! No brownies. :( But I have by a high authority tomorrow there will a special batch waiting for me. :)

Rode back to the bunkhouse to clean up a bit. Got 2 hours before the Steak supper as long as I stay wake zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was a great day with a lot of good shooting. I got a chance to talk to Matthew Duncan while waiting in the grub line. He seemed a little skittish when I mentioned seeing his posts here on the wire; he thinks people take his posts too seriously. Anyway, it was good meeting him.

I'm looking forward to another great day of shooting!!

What a great week-end. Good Food, good stages, good weather (finally) and great people. Always nice to meet new people. But the best thing is that over $40,000 was raised for St. Jude Children's Hospital.

The official total being sent into St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is $42,000 - we can't even believe you great cowboys and cowgirls did this again - you are the greatest people in the world!!!!!!!

We sincerely hope all of you who attended had a good time - THE KIDS THANK YOU - AND ALWAYS REMEMBER, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis and T.A. Spurs

Matthew Duncan was on our posse. He loaned his shotgun belt to our grandson so he could shoot stage 8 easier. The Acoustic Kid was happy and I was impressed. Thank You, Matthew Duncan!!!!!

Thrilled we were over $40,000 again. Yippeeeee! It was an awesome weekend.

Archived