SASS Wire Forum

Count Sandor needs your prayers

Rance - SASS # 54090

Cattail Rose and I send our condolences. We are praying that the Lord sends you the strength, support and understanding to help you through this trying time.

Again, I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Sandy's visitation was Friday, the funeral on Saturday, and the outpouring of condolences was amazing. As a 40-year teacher, she touched many lives in a very positive way, and they responded in kind for both the visitation and funeral...and that was only half of the story, since there were as many SASS cowboys & cowgirls present as there were people from education. I'm sure the sight of half of a very large room filled with people in 19th Century garb was quite a sight for some folks, but they all got along very nicely!

I am, and I know Sandy too would have been very humbled by both the number of visitors and by the depth of their sadness. She would have been even more humbled by their response to our request that in lieu of flowers, memorials be made in her name to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, her life-long charity. I haven't processed all the memorials or cards yet, but already the total is over $2,000! This is amazing! Thank-you cards will go out by the end of the week, thanks to the help of my son and daughter-in-law, but no mere card can ever express enough gratitude for that kind of response.

Once more, thanks to you all!

CS

Archived