SASS Wire Forum

the eaglets are growing,,, one has died

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

The live cam is off now as one of the eaglets died. It had been "under the weather" the last few days.

not sure when the live feed will continue, I guess they are waiting until it is out of the nest,

That looks like Okeechobee Road, US 27. It's hard to identify the intersection but there are a few sites in South Broward County that have been identified as eagle nesting areas. The Gov usually post signs warning the public to keep away. After a couple of months the birds go someplace else and they take the signs off.

this is on 78, Bayshore rd, about 3 mi west of 75. has been there for at least a couple years. about 1 mi from my house, get to see momma and pappa almost every day at the nest, and some days flying over our house, it is just north of the Calousahatchie river as evidenced by all the fish that are eaten by them. It's only maybe 75 yds from the road...

n. ft myers, cape coral starts about 6 or 7 mi further west. google map dick prittchet real estate. it's, the nest is out front by the road...

btt with sad news

We have several pairs around here where I live. Set out back in the sun room and within half an hour you'll see them. When the lake freezes over they will be out there on it getting the frozen fish. Use their claws to dig into the ice and scrape up the chad caught in the ice. Call them fishcycles. Really something to see when they fly right over ya at maybe 30-40 feet. Just listen for the crows and you will find the eagle around. There is a nest maybe 1000 yards from my place and another one just before you get into town. I believe there is somewhere around 93 eagle nest around the Truman Lake area.

I heard recently that all of the Missouri Lakes have resident eagles now.

I heard recently that all of the Missouri Lakes have resident eagles now.

Yep, we have 2-4 that stay around our place year round.

Archived