SASS Wire Forum

Open letter to the Clique's thread

WymoreWrangler SASS 46187L

Sorry Allie Mo, but I had to respond, I've visited the club they are referring to twice, I've never been treated so nice, they refused my entry money both times because I came half way across the country to shoot with them, and I can't wait to do it again. And I've shot with several member of this club at other major shoots, you won't find nicer people to posse with. And it's strange about the comment on the emails, I get all the east coast's club here in Nebraska!!!!

There are always multiple sides to a story. Human perception is a complex thing and we all see it through our own "lenses" tinted by our own past experience, pre-conceived notions and the real near term issue at hand.

I too found the narrative far different than my experience, but took it at face value to reinforce the need for more of us to approach and embrace visitors and especially new members and their "guests" that come, perhaps not to shoot, THEN build and sustain that during subsequent visits.

Don't know if that was part of what happened here, but that is what I personally took from the now defunct thread in an attempt to keep it positive. If that is done, then let the chips fall where they may. Some love the sport and people, others don't, for whatever reason.

That's life.

Madd Mike's smile is kind of lop-sided like Elvis.

His Cowboy hat also hides his 3rd eye..... :o

p.s. - speaking of Cliques, I get six out of my pistol..... :lol:

..........Widder

Allie roger that. I have gotten the summary now. Went through something like this before at another club. Hopefully, everything can get worked out without the pain of what happened in the other experience that thankfully I was outside of, but watched good sets of folks get caught up on one side or the other...

PR

Hi Folks,

I've received several messages about that Clique thread. Hindsight tells me, it should have been hidden immediately. It did not reflect well on our sport. That may have been the result of a misguided opinion or the unfortunate truth about a club. We cannot know for sure what really happened and it is best that we forget it and move on.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived