SASS Wire Forum

Question about a new purchase...

Skid Roper

Was just ambling through my local pawn dealer when I spied an 1860 Henry Rifle by Uberti in .44-40. It has been fancied up by a company called America Remembers and is a Civil War Tribute #'d 219/300. I said boy howdy I probably need that and plunked down a handful of cash and took it home. Googling it, however has brought me little info upon the value of the darn thing, I can find similar issued rifles by that company and their values, buy none for this one. FIgured you helpful bunch would be able to give me an idea whether this has any more value than just a shooter (it has been shot(by the previous owner) and appears to function fine) as I think I got a pretty good deal on it.

If its been shot...... shooter value only. In my experience "America Remembers" guns bring no real premium on the used gun market. Enjoy it!

Well I only plunked down 750 one dollar bills for it, and figured if it was somethin' special I might be inclined to send it on to someone who wanted it more, or if it wasn't that special I'd just shoot the hell out of it, because there's nothin' better than a Henry in my book. Thanks for the quick help, fellas.

That is 1/3 the original price. +- some.

Me, I don't buy anything I can't shoot.

I don't care if some one else thinks it's some sort of collector item.

I paid for, I get to enjoy it.

I don't spend time looking for guns I can turn around to make a little prfit on.

There are plenty of others who like doing that sort of thing.

When I was a small kid, 6 or 7, my dad said that any gun you have without ammunition is a club. Get a baseball bat. Their cheaper and reach farther. He also said that if you don't plan to use it, you can go to the store to look at it.

Anyway, I think you got yourself a good deal whether you decide to shoot it or keep it as a collector.

I picked up my ever so slightly used Henry at a gun show several years ago. No matter what you got yourself a deal. It's my favorite old firearm.

Anyway, shoot it, enjoy it. They're a bit heavy for a main match rifle but they are fun on the long range. That big silver front sight and smooth feel make it a joy to LR Bang and Clang with a Henry. Max style points too. LOL

Archived