SASS Wire Forum

New black market item

The latest item (according to the news) for black market thieves is TRUCK TAIL GATES. I found 2 locks at the local auto parts store. The cheaper ($20) one is a old name brand is all metal and easy to install.

Just sayin

TF

Worked with a guy who had a lawn service going on the side. Always backing into things and smashing a TG. Always got a new one in short order.......

Yep, this is a big problem in Phoenix. Had mine stolen at work right in the middle of the afternoon. Brazen little thieving bastards.

Now I have both a handle lock and a pivot lock.

I bought a Ford Ranger from a motorcycle shop last year. They used the truck to deliver 350cc and smaller bikes. They installed a 1/4" steel plate inside the TG and then put a TG liner over it. My TG weighs around 125 pounds. I figure the guy that tries to snatch it will be found in the ER will a back injury.

Catalytic converters are a hot item out here for their recycling value. I left my truck out for the night one time and not only was the converter gone but the fog light assemblies also.

Now they are equipped with camera's, steps with handle, and a replacement for one on an F-250, with matching paint, plus installation, $4000.00. Girl at work just had her's removed from truck in driveway, dog's slept through the heist. Couple dozen have been lifted in Cheyenne. Train your Pit Bull to sleep in the back of the truck, or glue double edge razor blades under the handle.

Crap bags are too lazy to work, but are energetic enough to steal from hard working people.

Big aftermarket for tailgates and mirrors on ford trucks. 250's and 350's. It's the easiest way to make your older 99-04 F250 look newer.

There were a couple kids in WY that got busted and did a little time due to always "having some in stock" on one of the truck forums.

They pissed off/ripped off (depending on which story you hear) a girl over some mirrors. She did a little homework, and forwarded it to their city PD. Turns out one of 'em had keys to a shop in town, and would stop by there whenever he had an "order" and take the items off of whichever truck he found in the shop.

Crap bags are too lazy to work, but are energetic enough to steal from hard working people.

Why did you drag the Washington Polictians in on this?

Archived