SASS Wire Forum

Bad News for California

Curley Fryes

Curly . . . I LIKE your . . . "gun permit" . . . . :)

I think I'll get one of them for myself . . . . . ;)

Does this mean that law enforcement no longer has access to new semi-auto guns that can't micro-stamp? Do they have to make do with just re-repairing guns as they wear out? Or. do they have a built in exemption? What about CA National Guard units?

You ca pards have it rough. Good luck to ya'll, and oh BTW, how long does it take to swap a firing pin in oh, say, a Ruger SR 1911? 30 seconds of so?? Gimme a break !

Like DNA evidence can be traced to an individual, casings that are microstamped can be traced to the gun, but neither is proof that the evidence/casing is in fact proof of anything other than the presence of the object at the scene of a crime. If a smokker tossed a butt and someone picked it up and dropped it at the scene of a crime-dna evidence would exist-but it would mean nothing.

Same here, but it sure will give the prosecutors something to work with as they railroad a defendant and "close" a case without any real proof.

Manufacturers attempting to comply with the law would be a huge blow to freedom.

Gun flight: Smith & Wesson & Ruger . Quit selling guns to Kalifornia . Over stamping requirement.

Sorry To here for all you Pards in Kalifornia .

This all can be changed .

With you Pencils at the voting booth .

They forget they work for US !

That means YOU HAVE THE POWER TO FIRE THEM !

Good for Smith & Wesson and Ruger for standing there ground .

This mean Californians need to get out and VOTE !

Put this people out off office !

IMHO, all gun and ammunition manufacturers should refuse to do business with Kalifornia law enforcement departments of any kind because of this law and lots of others. The makers should refuse to sell them replacement parts and also refuse to service the guns. This is wishful thinking on my part, I know.

IMHO, all gun and ammunition manufacturers should refuse to do business with Kalifornia law enforcement departments of any kind because of this law and lots of others. The makers should refuse to sell them replacement parts and also refuse to service the guns. This is wishful thinking on my part, I know.

Amen Brother .

I wrote to S&W thanking them for taking their stance, and expressing my hope that they would refuse to sell to CA LEAs and would no longer service any of their firearms.

Most law enforcement agencies use either Glock or S&W pistols. This could get interesting.

My son will be assigned to the Los Angeles Air Force base next year. We were researching what he needed to do about taking his guns with him. We found that none of the 4th Generation Glocks are approved by California DOJ. And they charge a $19 per pistol fee to bring your own legally purchased pistol into the state of California and keep it in your home.

Does everyone have to pay $19.00 for each pistol brought into Kalifornia even for SASS matches? If so, to whom to you apply for and pay for the permit?

Maybe this will get the millions of California gun owners off their collective asses, and

into voting booths

Uh... just to set the record straight, Mr Harrison, we already do.

But we're outnumbered by just about 4 to 1 - largely due to folks who've immigrated or moved here from other states, like Pennsylvania.

So much for the thought of us just sitting on our "collective asses."

Now, if you can come up with some realistic, useful, and helpful suggestions, please be sure to share 'em. ;)

kind of like Barret did with the 50 cal rifle that LAPD sent back for service and barret refused to return them

But we're outnumbered by just about 4 to 1 - largely due to folks who've emigrated or moved here from other states, like Pennsylvania.

Now, if you can come up with some realistic, useful, and helpful suggestions, please be sure to share 'em. ;)

Thank you Hardpan

Does everyone have to pay $19.00 for each pistol brought into Kalifornia even for SASS matches? If so, to whom to you apply for and pay for the permit?

No... only if you move here.

Then you're required to register ALL firearms @ $19 per, long guns included.

But we're outnumbered by just about 4 to 1 - largely due to folks who've immigrated or moved here from other states, like Pennsylvania.

And how many of those gun owners are both voting AND calling their reps? I call mine every time there is any firearms legislation proposed both good and bad. Where is the united front in California?

Gotta somewhat disagree with you on this. SOME of us do, but far from all of us. In fact, I would doubt that even half of us bother to be politically active. About 8,000,000 of us, roughly 22%, are gun owners. Think of the impact we would have if even half of us voted 2nd Amendment. Or if even half of us wrote or called the capons in Sac at least once a month.

But, as you point out, there are a heck of a lot of foreigners here from places like PA, NY, MD, NJ, TX, MA, IL, MI.

Gotta somewhat disagree with you on this. SOME of us do, but far from all of us. In fact, I would doubt that even half of us bother to be politically active. About 8,000,000 of us, roughly 22%, are gun owners. Think of the impact we would have if even half of us voted 2nd Amendment. Or if even half of us wrote or called the capons in Sac at least once a month.

But, as you point out, there are a heck of a lot of foreigners here from places like PA, NY, MD, NJ, TX, MA, IL, MI.

That was the point I was trying to make, You have got to band together and be active that will go a long way to overcoming that deficit.

millions of gun owners in unison will make a difference sitting in silence won't.

And how many of those gun owners are both voting AND calling their reps? I call mine every time there is any firearms legislation proposed both good and bad. Where is the united front in California?

Henry I had Joe's and Mine (we live in the same district) representative call me, and he did not even want to hear the truth about a back round check bill he authored, granted he was on the federal level the state level is even worse here in California.

Henry I had Joe's and Mine (we live in the same district) representative call me, and he did not even want to hear the truth about a back round check bill he authored, granted he was on the federal level the state level is even worse here in California.

You can't give up enlist everyone you know and swamp him

First of all......I'm not pointing fingers at ANYONE on this thread, nor am I taking a shot at the folks from CA. I just want to post my personal experience from when I lived in CA. (I retired and moved to Utah 8 mos. ago.)

My wife and I were very active politically and 2nd Amendment-wise. Attended rallies in so. CA and wrote & visited our elected officials weekly. (Yes, weekly......while we held full time jobs and shot weekends).

Trying to get the local Cowboy Shooters to join us was almost impossible. One particular weekend there was a 2nd Amendment rally in Pasadena. The Pasadena City Council voted to permanently close the local Gun Show for a number of the usual "liberal" reasons. The 2nd Amendment foundation held a rally and wanted a show of force of everyday gun owner/citizens to show the public we were "the folks" next door and not the crazies that are portrayed by our left wing media. It was held on a Saturday.

As a member of 3 local Cowboy clubs I sent out emails, posted on the Wire and on Facebook.....asking everyone to come out & join us. You know how many people showed up?...............ONE. That's it. The excuses I received ranged from the believable - "Had to work", "Had to fix my car/truck" the unbelievable - "Wife wouldn't let me", "I forgot" - to the outright amazing - "I didn't come 'cause my cowboy club had Shooter appreciation Saturday and we could shoot for free". I'm not making this up, Pards - it's all true.

Now to be fair, the total rally attendance was maybe 30-40 people which was pathetic. The anti-gunners had us outnumbered but we had a peaceful/professional rally & stood our ground. I told my story at club shoots over the next few months........so the locals know this story.

So my point is this: as long as people ANYWHERE are complacent and happy being a "keyboard commando" or a "let the other guy do it" shooter/patriot........our guns/ammo/2nd Amendment rights and Freedoms will be taken away from us one baby step at a time. Tell me it hasn't happened in CA and other States?!?

CA needs help......and the 16 or so people on this thread are not enough in number to give it to them.

First of all......I'm not pointing fingers at ANYONE on this thread, nor am I taking a shot at the folks from CA. I just want to post my personal experience from when I lived in CA. (I retired and moved to Utah 8 mos. ago.)

My wife and I were very active politically and 2nd Amendment-wise. Attended rallies in so. CA and wrote & visited our elected officials weekly. (Yes, weekly......while we held full time jobs and shot weekends).

Trying to get the local Cowboy Shooters to join us was almost impossible. One particular weekend there was a 2nd Amendment rally in Pasadena. The Pasadena City Council voted to permanently close the local Gun Show for a number of the usual "liberal" reasons. The 2nd Amendment foundation held a rally and wanted a show of force of everyday gun owner/citizens to show the public we were "the folks" next door and not the crazies that are portrayed by our left wing media. It was held on a Saturday.

As a member of 3 local Cowboy clubs I sent out emails, posted on the Wire and on Facebook.....asking everyone to come out & join us. You know how many people showed up?...............ONE. That's it. The excuses I received ranged from the believable - "Had to work", "Had to fix my car/truck" the unbelievable - "Wife wouldn't let me", "I forgot" - to the outright amazing - "I didn't come 'cause my cowboy club had Shooter appreciation Saturday and we could shoot for free". I'm not making this up, Pards - it's all true.

Now to be fair, the total rally attendance was maybe 30-40 people which was pathetic. The anti-gunners had us outnumbered but we had a peaceful/professional rally & stood our ground. I told my story at club shoots over the next few months........so the locals know this story.

So my point is this: as long as people ANYWHERE are complacent and happy being a "keyboard commando" or a "let the other guy do it" shooter/patriot........our guns/ammo/2nd Amendment rights and Freedoms will be taken away from us one baby step at a time. Tell me it hasn't happened in CA and other States?!?

CA needs help......and the 16 or so people on this thread are not enough in number to give it to them.

Here is a rant I put together about 11 years ago, there had been a whole slew of Really Bad Bills in our legislature then. I had 1000 copies made, and divided them among 3 gun stores - well tried to, one wouldn't take them.

GET OFF YOUR COMPLACENCY AND DO YOUR PART!

In California there are at least 6,000,000 firearms owners, yet we have some of the most draconian and Byzantine firearms laws in the country.

Why? Because too many of us are content to sit and complain but are unwilling to take half an hour a week to do anything about it. Most of us would

rather stand around at the range or in a gun shop and spend a couple of hours debating the merits of .300 Magnum over the latest .270 super short ultra mag. Can you find five minutes a day to support your civil rights? That is all it takes. If you can’t give that little amount of time, you deserve to have your guns legislated away from you. Imagine if in your assembly district EVERY gun owner called his or her assembly member once a week to complain about restrictive firearms legislation. Say there are only 15,000 gun owners in your district (with 80 districts that comes to 1.2 million, a far cry from all the legal gun owners in the state) and each one makes a call once a week which takes 3 minutes of staff time. It would take 750 man-hours per WEEK just to listen to gun owners complain about restrictive gun laws. That would mean

that every member of the Assembly would need almost 19 full time staff members to do nothing but pay attention to our calls. Think they might hear us? After all, politicians are concerned with numbers.

There are five calls you need to make each week – to one assembly member, one state senator, one member of the House of Representatives,

and two members of the US Senate. That is what it will take, each of us calling once a week to make our views known.

Yes, you may belong to the NRA or Gun Owners of America, or the California Rifle and Pistol Association, but so what? Do you think that absolves you from taking

personal responsibility for what happens? YOU are responsible for protecting your rights. No one else can do it for you.

For those of you in Sonoma and Marin counties too freaking

lazy to open a phone book and look up a few numbers, here is a start:

(politicians contacts redacted because many have changed since then)

For those of you in other parts of California, go to

www.ca.gov and you can easily find your state representatives. There are also links there for your federal

representatives.

After about 3 months most of those were still sitting on the counters.

You can't give up enlist everyone you know and swamp him

gee I why didn't I think of think of that

Yeah that attitude will get you a lot of support

YOUR attitude doesn't get any points here ether. You do not know the problems we face here. YOU do not know what we are dong to fight these problems. All YOU do is slam California, tell us how easy it is to fix the problems, and how easy it is to vote those politicians out of office. Because of YOU and people just like YOU, who do nothing but slam California, tell us how we are screwing up and then telling us how easy it is to fix it offering nothing but lip service and insults has cause us to fight 2 fronts. Loud mouths like YOU who insult and give worthless lip service and anti-gunners ( which includes pro-gunners who do nothing).

So do us a favor, mind your own business about California,and keep YOUR worthless comment and insults to yourself. All you are doing in is taking our attention away from the political fight we have do deal with here to argue with YOU and people just like YOU

YOUR attitude doesn't get any points here ether. You do not know the problems we face here. YOU do not know what we are dong to fight these problems. All YOU do is slam California, tell us how easy it is to fix the problems, and how easy it is to vote those politicians out of office. Because of YOU and people just like YOU, who do nothing but slam California, tell us how we are screwing up and then telling us how easy it is to fix it offering nothing but lip service and insults has cause us to fight 2 fronts. Loud mouths like YOU who insult and give worthless lip service and anti-gunners ( which includes pro-gunners who do nothing).

So do us a favor, mind your own business about California,and keep YOUR worthless comment and insults to yourself. All you are doing in is taking our attention away from the political fight we have do deal with here to argue with YOU and people just like YOU

deleted knee jerk reaction to a fool

deleted knee jerk reaction to a fool

ya with that attitude and calling somebody a fool is really winning peoples over, Henry, then you wonder why we get defensive

ya with that attitude and calling somebody a fool is really winning peoples over, Henry, then you wonder why we get defensive

I said nothing to deserve your snide comments and tirades

I said nothing to deserve your snide comments and tirades

Actually, you did. While I agree that more gun owners in CA need to do more, we DO have a united front. We DO fight back as best we can. But, when we have to put up with snide remarks from behind us, it kind of takes the wind out of our sails. Many of us feel that the NRA has pretty much written us off, little or no help. Or help only when someone else has pretty much won the legal action already.

Maybe instead of your snide "Where is the united front" comments, you could just offer some support to us. We know what we face, we don't need self-satisfied foreigners rubbing our noses in it.

Archived