SASS Wire Forum

No more S&W in Cal.

Rye Miles #13621

Yep. I hope that S&W will also refuse to service any owned by Law Enforcement Agencies, and refuse to service any owned by LEAs.

Calling a gun "unsafe" because it doesn't have a microstamping firing pin is like saying a car is unsafe because it lacks a front license plate.

It's a lot easier to corrupt the micro stamp than it is to replace the license plate.

I under stand that 2 minutes with a tiny piece of 400 grip paper is all it takes.

It's a lot easier to corrupt the micro stamp than it is to replace the license plate.

I under stand that 2 minutes with a tiny piece of 400 grip paper is all it takes.

A CADOJ study found that about all it would take would be a day at the range with it.

Yep. I hope that S&W will also refuse to service any owned by Law Enforcement Agencies, and refuse to service any owned by LEAs.

Calling a gun "unsafe" because it doesn't have a microstamping firing pin is like saying a car is unsafe because it lacks a front license plate.

+100!! I absolutely agree. Of course we all know that the REAL purpose of this law is to disarm the population.

+100!! I absolutely agree. Of course we all know that the REAL purpose of this law is to disarm the population.

You got that right!!

It's truly sad our Government's going after the good law abiding citizens with such a vengeance, to bad

all that wasted energy wasn't directed at the problem! Problem being CRIMINALS and power hungry

POLITICIANS.

Just my thoughts on a useless subject.

QDG/48525

P.S. Ruger has also decided to pull the plug on California (but still in the fight).

This is not good.Does this law affect cowboy guns also or just semi-auto?

HS

I understand all weapons RIFLES-SHOTGUNS-PISTOLS-REVOLVERS will eventually be required to have Micro-Stamping capabilities. I hope I misunderstood, but only time will tell.

Some politician with no knowledge of guns thought this was a good idea. Semi autos leave a casing and thus by their logic could be traced to a gun.....and if it were stolen where would that leave them.

Whether through firing or filing, the "stamp" would not last long....and what about just replacing the firing pin with one out of your inventory?

Just my too scents

KK

Some politician with no knowledge of guns thought this was a good idea. Semi autos leave a casing and thus by their logic could be traced to a gun.....and if it were stolen where would that leave them.

Whether through firing or filing, the "stamp" would not last long....and what about just replacing the firing pin with one out of your inventory?

Just my too scents

KK

What about the one who goes to a range and picks up some brass and then leaves it at a crime scene?

Or when the micro engraved code gets filled with gunk.

I can see this leading to owners being responsible for ensuring they're always legible and subject to fine (or confiscation!) if not.

The anti-gun element is getting exactly what it wants and doesn't have formally reference or touch the Second Amendment which by the way is not mentioned in California's constitution as I understand.

It will take a long drawn out and expensive court battle to beat this if in fact the law is implanted fully. The courts, the streets, the ballot box and the witholding of service by Ruger and S&W to government agencies are the available choices as it now stands and the withholding of service may not be a long term course of action.

The anti-gun element is getting exactly what it wants and doesn't have formally reference or touch the Second Amendment which by the way is not mentioned in California's constitution as I understand.

It will take a long drawn out and expensive court battle to beat this if in fact the law is implanted fully. The courts, the streets, the ballot box and the witholding of service by Ruger and S&W to government agencies are the available choices as it now stands and the withholding of service may not be a long term course of action.

On the other hand, the Constitution of the State of California does say that the Constitution of the United States is the law of the land:

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTIONARTICLE 3  STATE OF CALIFORNIASEC. 1.  The State of California is an inseparable part of theUnited States of America, and the United States Constitution is thesupreme law of the land.

And that should include the 2nd.

Also:

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTIONARTICLE 1  DECLARATION OF RIGHTSSECTION 1.  All people are by nature free and independent and haveinalienable rights.  Among these are enjoying and defending life andliberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuingand obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.

Which suggests that one has an inalienable right to effective means of "defending life and liberty" and "protecting property....and obtaining safety."

Archived