SASS Wire Forum

Sig Sauer P938 CCW

Black Angus McPherson

Anybody carry, or have, a Sig Sauer P938? What's your opinion of them? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one for CCW. I like the size. It's about the same size (a little thicker) as a .380 i carry now and then.

I've always told myself that if I could find a 9mm the same size as my .380 I'd buy it, but, dang, those Sig's are pricey.

Thanks,

Angus

I was considering one of those recently. Picked up an EMP instead and I wish I hadn't. It's been back to SA twice already to fix problems. Never heard anything bad about the 938, but as I've never fired one myself my opinion is worth about as much as a wooden nickel.

The Sig P938 is a world-class carry gun, period. I carry mine in a Galco Stinger belt holster, and it conceals well with my inevitably sloppy dress habits. I think it is the best shooting of the mini-9mms because it's a single action gun (think shrunken 1911). This year Sig is introducing a .22 version, and I believe .22 conversion kits will be available...as if you could get .22 ammo!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

We bought our daughter one for Christmas and she loves it! I liked it so much that I bought myself one off Gunbroker ($600) and also got two extended mags for it. I haven't had a chance to take it out to the range to shoot it yet, though... :( I do plan on making it my carry gun.

I have shot one at the local Gun store we have here.

Nice gun .

Shoots well.

Sounds funny But a lot of recoil for a 9mm. :huh:

I have the Colt Mustang 380 ( The gun Sig copied for the P238 )

With the Quality 380 ammo now a days.

The 380 is a good self defense round .

And way better shooting then a small 9mm.

I pocket carry all day wile I am working .

When I am not working I carry a 1911 commander .

The Sig P938 is a world-class carry gun, period. I carry mine in a Galco Stinger belt holster, and it conceals well with my inevitably sloppy dress habits. I think it is the best shooting of the mini-9mms because it's a single action gun (think shrunken 1911). This year Sig is introducing a .22 version, and I believe .22 conversion kits will be available...as if you could get .22 ammo!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

+1

I have one and love it. I carry it in an outside DB Bullard Bodyguard. Most of my shirts will cover it up. I must admit that I haven't shot it much. I bought it right before I started CAS and never got back to putting it through it's paces. I looked at the Kahr and Ruger LC9 both had a really long trigger pulls that I don't like. I guess I'm just a 1911 single action kind of guy. That said... I also carry a Ruger LCP and a Sig. P238.

I have the 938 and have no problems with it. For that matter I have the 238 and the SA EMP. No problems with any of them.

I do carry the 938 more than the EMP these days.

• 6 months later...

This is a old thread, but had traded for a Sig P938 Extreme recently and like it a lot. On Sig forums, there are some related problems with the 938 but I have not had any and used 124gr. Lead RN reloads, factory 115 gr. FMJ and Federal HST 124 gr. It's a neat little 9mm that resembles a 1911 without a grip safety or barrel bushing.

1e0a004e-a0bd-42b4-b61c-0d6fd205786f_zps

The Sig is a well made gun and a nice carry. Another very small high quality carry 9mm is a Rohrbaugh, which is a double action, is considered to be the smallest 9mm available. I love the 1911 style of the Sig and absolutely love 1911's. For carry, I have changed over to double action triggers. A majority of the time I have the carry gun in my pocket or side glove box in the truck. The DA makes me feel a little bit better.

• 5 months later...

I carried the P238 (.380) and upgraded to the P938 about a year ago. It is a perfect CCW in size....a bit large for a pocket gun, although it will work in the pocket with the flush magazine. It is a bit heavy for pocket carry, but for belt, IWB or OWB, it is ideal. I use a Sneaky Pete, which almost noone knows is a holster, with my dress clothes. It is much smaller than a Glock 26. My only complaint is the trigger pull, which is around 13-15 pounds. The 238 had the feel of a 1911 trigger, but not the 938. However, in a critical situation, the extra trigger weight would not be noticeable. Of course, being a Glockaholic, when the 9mm single stack Glock comes to the market, I will use the Glock as my CCW and give the 938 to my daughter or wife to carry in their purses in lieu of the LCPs.

Kiwinpa, the Mustang and the 238 are identical in every way. The magazines are even interchangeable.

Archived