SASS Wire Forum

Engaged as Non-Gamer & Gamer Stage

Major BS Walker Regulator

You have 5 rifle targets R1,2,3,4,5. The stage procedure is written: with rifle engage the 5 rifle targets in this order, outside, outside, inside, inside, middle, middle, inside,inside,outside,outside.

The non-gamer engages it this way, 1,5,4,2,3,3,4,2,1,5.

The gamer does it this way, 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a gamer; that's a "P".

The "gamer" (by your definition, not mine) had better ask the PM or Stage Driver if that's a legal engagement...making assumptions based on one's own interpretation of the instuctions might earn one a procedural.

Make it 4 for a P

I wish people would quit confusing the "profoundly uninformed" (I'm trying to be polite) with gamers. They are giving us gamers a bad reputation. SASS is a game. It has rules. I follow the rules therefore I am a gamer and proud of it.

Add me to the "procedural" camp.

If stage writers intent was unclear should have been made clear at walkthrough

other comments deleted :angry: :angry:

Regards

Gateway Kid

8 for a "P"! :-)

I have shot that pattern many times but the stage instructions always stated left outside right outside left inside right inside center etc. if the pattern was written exactly like the op stated I see no P. We can assume what they meant to write but they did not specify target number or left or right. But I've been wrong before.

PS: I would not to have thought to shoot it that way but would bang my head if I shot it the way I always have then saw someone do it that way. Whole lot easier.

Seems to me the "gamer" followed the stage directions exactly to the letter. First shot was on an outside target, second shot was on an outside target, third shot was on an inside target etc ect. That may have not been the intent of the stage writer, but double taps were not forbidden in the directions.

Seems to me the "gamer" followed the stage directions exactly to the letter. First shot was on an outside target, second shot was on an outside target, third shot was on an inside target etc ect. That may have not been the intent of the stage writer, but double taps were not forbidden in the directions.

I agree to disagree

intent

the gamer should have simply asked the stage reader

"can I"

but the rest is history, now we all know, we need extra paper from now on

to spell out each and every target

oh well

I was about to join the "P" pile-on but you've got me wobbling. :)

I agree to disagree

intent

the gamer should have simply asked the stage reader

"can I"

but the rest is history, now we all know, we need extra paper from now on

to spell out each and every target

oh well

Maybe I missed something but where in the OP does it state that the "gamer" didn't get the ok and no P was awarded or that he simply shot it that way with no P. Seems like there is also some assuming coming from the P camp. If it was an oversight by the stage writer it could have been corrected during the stage instructions. No need for more paper.

I think we can all agree that, perhaps, some wording could be added to the instructions to clear some things up....

Perhaps the following:

No double taps, except on the center target, unless you are left handed shooting the stage on a tuesday, then you must shoot the scenario in the reverse order.

Pullllllleze...Allie....I'm having trouble holding back on this one...

And I think Mr. B.S. is full of his initials...

um...

bye.

:ph34r:

Dive in. The waters just right

I believe that both shooters got it right.

The stage directions are not specific enough to make the non-gamer ONLY correct.

The "gamer" is also correct.

If a specific order was desired by the stage writer, it should have been made more clear.

I say no P for either shooter.

The OP is saying...nuthin.

Without the knowledge of whether the sequence was stated as acceptable, we can't say crap. My guess is that it wasn't...and that he's just making this up...or...

If he's implying that a "Gamer" cheats, then he know zippo about this game.

Either way, his OP is a waste of my time.

IMHO...

:mellow:

You have 5 rifle targets R1,2,3,4,5. The stage procedure is written: with rifle engage the 5 rifle targets in this order, outside, outside, inside, inside, middle, middle, inside,inside,outside,outside.

The non-gamer engages it this way, 1,5,4,2,3,3,4,2,1,5.

The gamer does it this way, 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5.

You forgot the "who gives a rats..." shooter who'd engage them: 1,5,2,4,3,3,4,2,5,1

What is the difference between the second way of shooting it and instructing them to shoot a double-tap sweep? ;)

None...now your assignment is to go to the "Glossary of Sweeps" and find at least two names for either sequence.

^_^

Archived