SASS Wire Forum

Wyoming just got smaller by a million acres

I believe in conservation and taking care of the land but ....... EPA = EnviroNazis Legalized Extortion Racket.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

The Supreme Court might have something to say about it. Maybe, no telling nowadays.

Our freedoms will first disappear under the guise epa mandated rules and regulations for cleaner air and water. Its not about clean water and air so much as it is control and buddy they are acquiring the power to control! You know the little strips they swipe at the airport security then scan? Well, one day they'll come by your house periodically and take soil and air samples. Remember the label on the pesticide can and the fine print that says "Use of this product contrary to the label can result in severe penalties of up to $25,000 in fines.......????" Oh yes, and data indicates you poured some gasoline on some ant mounds too! Tsk. Tsk! And the random drone we sent by sent images of you improperly disposing of a mouse carcass. By the way, the drone also determined you used a low velocity .22 to harass squirrels on your property....the DNR has been notified and you can visit with them from your cell.

It'll take a lot of oversight to keep this from coming true but a lot of its already here.

That's gas and oil country. Some fracking going on up there. Wyoming is probably the most conservative state in the union, did not vote for the current administration. Home of Dick Cheney. Haliburton, Schlumbeger, many other energy production companies are very active here. The EPA is already kicking the poop out of the coal industry. Now going after petroleum and gas production. Feds own alot of land in Wyoming, the oil and gas leases are on federal land and they can squeeze pretty hard. Things are going to get uglier. Glad I live in Wyoming, it's the best place I've ever lived and don't plan on leaving.

The Governor, Matt Mead has an open door policy. I see him around Cheyenne, and call him by his first name, Matt. The last Governor was Dave. Both good men.

Wyoming has alot of resources, it's a complicated system when it comes to sharing the revenue with the state/fed/corporations/politicians/carpet baggers. Then throw in reservation lands. Poop storm for sure.

While significant, it is not the 'takeover by the EPA' that the talking heads are squawking about. A part of existing of Clean Air Act allows tribes to file applications as a state in order to delineate boundaries and receive higher levels of grant funding for monitoring their air quality. States are required to monitor up to 50 miles beyond any boundary demarcating land monitored under the law.

The Wind River Reservation is a patchwork of Indian and State lands because of a 1905 law that opened up parts of the reservation to homesteading. Riverton and several other cities are surrounded by reservation lands. The EPA finding will now allow the reservation authorities insight and input into air and water permits filed in the area.

As Assassin states this is fractious because it is oil and gas country and there is a lot of contention about what they may doing to the environment up there.

While significant, it is not the 'takeover by the EPA' that the talking heads are squawking about. A part of existing of Clean Air Act allows tribes to file applications as a state in order to delineate boundaries and receive higher levels of grant funding for monitoring their air quality. States are required to monitor up to 50 miles beyond any boundary demarcating land monitored under the law.

The Wind River Reservation is a patchwork of Indian and State lands because of a 1905 law that opened up parts of the reservation to homesteading. Riverton and several other cities are surrounded by reservation lands. The EPA finding will now allow the reservation authorities insight and input into air and water permits filed in the area.

As Assassin states this is fractious because it is oil and gas country and there is a lot of contention about what they may doing to the environment up there.

Long story short, it's about money? There's hardly any settlement on this reservation. It is largely concentrated at Fort Washakie and a small trashy Indian settlement on the southern edge of Riverton.

According to wyomingtourism.org

"Home to two Indian nations, the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho,

the Wind River Indian Reservation reaches 70 miles east to west and 55

miles north to south. It spreads over 2.2 million acres from Thermopolis

on the northeast, to Shoshoni on the east, Lander on the south, and

Dubois on the west. The population of the reservation includes 4,500

Arapaho and 2,500 Shoshone."

That comes out to to what I suspect to be several million spread 7000 ways. The air quality in Wyoming is windy. In central Wyoming the air quality is less windy. This is an income redistribution scheme.

Elect me president and the first thing I wud do is chop the EPA by 90% and it's powers by 99%!!!!!

Archived