SASS Wire Forum

stage writing

Train Robber 13659

I saw a "noted" shooter challenged to a stage that would not be possible for some. They started laying down, rolled to the individual guns and shot them all while laying down. A hoot to watch.

I think we'll see the 5 card, 5 shooting locations all shotgun at an Ozark Posse shoot in the near future.

A long-defunct club in MD once had a stage where you fired the rifle while laying on the ground, with a reload and a 200 yard bonus target. They only did this once; guess why?

those days are long gone

give it up already

wait - wait for it

200 yards with a pistol caliber rifle??????????????

kinda sounds like a fishing story

those days are long gone

give it up already

wait - wait for it

200 yards with a pistol caliber rifle??????????????

kinda sounds like a fishing story

Hi Mike..real fish there :-) off cross sticks with factory 44-40 ammo and a 24" mdl 66 I put down 5 buff silohettes that were ? maybe 18"- 2' nose to tail it's been 27 years or so ago. We had one shooter that could consistantly knock them down offhand with his 44-40 henry . Me I was pleased to do it off the cross sticks:-)

Train Robber

Hi Mike..real fish there :-) off cross sticks with factory 44-40 ammo and a 24" mdl 66 I put down 5 buff silohettes that were ? maybe 18"- 2' nose to tail it's been 27 years or so ago. We had one shooter that could consistantly knock them down offhand with his 44-40 henry . Me I was pleased to do it off the cross sticks:-)

Train Robber

this was done during a regular cas stage? 200 yards?

sure that feat could be done with factory ammo, no problem

but not with most CAS loads on the range these days

oh well

lets go fishin, nothin wrong with that

For me, monthly matchez are like a reunion with old friends. Those Saturdays are complete get away from the daily grind. MIX IT UP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! My home club does this very well and is a very big part of our success, IMHO. Think out of the box, know your audience, and be willing to change on the fly as needed.

For example, one of the great people that shoot at Powder Creek shoots using a crutch. We stage two shotguns for him on stage six that has a lot of movement, because it is how we roll.

Let's have a blast and remember we are there to shoot guns and see our friends.

Archived