SASS Wire Forum

Congrats BMC!

Wow, an interception in the end zone. With less than a minute to go.

They don't write them that way anymore...

Congrats to Pete Caroll and the Seahawks.

Game was a fix! Worst officiating I've ever seen. Pro football has turned in pro basketball and pro hockey. The refs have become part of the game.

A turnover not being reviewable=B.S.

Might be a super Super Bowl.

Can be a code word to tell the offense any of several things:

Snap the ball on the next sound

Don't snap the ball on the next sound

Next call is the actual play we'll run

Next call is not the play we'll run

Run the play the reverse of what was called in the huddle

etc., depending on what else was called in the huddle, or what it means for this game, half, quarter...

or

A call to lull the defense into an offside on a hard count

or to get them to move and tip their hand on coverages, blitzes, etc.

or

nothing at all!

Also, after last week's game, several businesses in Omaha got together (without contacting Manning or his "people" ahead of time, they say) and pledged to donate a total of $800 for each time Manning called "Omaha" in yesterday's game. They wound up with a tab of about $25,000 that will be donated to Manning's charitable foundation for underprivileged kids.

CS

When Peyton yells Omaha it means the play clock is getting short on time and the snap should be quickly after, unless he is just joshing to get the defense to jump off side.

Reminds me of C.W. Mcall's song Convoy.

The Rubber Duke "10-4 Pigpen what is your 40"

"Omaha!!! Well they ought to know what to do with them Seachickens there!"

Rubber Duck is backing down and out. :ph34r:

Looks like the Count has been watching too much football. You must of fired that response with smokeless instead of the Holy Black. You wouldn't even had your first capped charged before you answered BMCs question.

But I do like my answer better! :P

When Peyton yells Omaha it means the play clock is getting short on time and the snap should be quickly after, unless he is just joshing to get the defense to jump off side.

Reminds me of C.W. Mcall's song Convoy.

The Rubber Duke "10-4 Pigpen what is your 40"

"Omaha!!! Well they ought to know what to do with them Seachickens there!"

Rubber Duck is backing down and out. :ph34r:

Looks like the Count has been watching too much football. You must of fired that response with smokeless instead of the Holy Black. You wouldn't even had your first capped charged before you answered BMCs question.

But I do like my answer better! :P

Hehehehehehehe.

I think the Count is doing just fine.

Last time I looked, Omaha didn't have a football team outside of high schools.

(How is that for trash talk? LOL)

Took me almost an hour to come up with that one, Marlin...about as long as it sometimes takes me to cap 10 nipples! I haven't been watching too much football, just spent too many years playing and coaching it.

Sherman's rant wasn't exactly PC in today's NFL...wouldn't surprise me if someone from the team front office - or the NFL - has a "chat" with him.

CS

Well, I think Crabtree's shoes are a little dirty also. But trash talk is nothing new in sports.

I find it interesting with the talking heads that had San Francisco in the super bowl and ooppps.

But being the underdog is nothing new in Seattle and the 12th man is still having a good time.

I really don't much care what the pundits have to say. :D

Archived