SASS Wire Forum

The SASS APP

Rancho Roy

This months CC has an add for a SASS app for your smart phone. It says it is in the "App Store"......I looked everywhere in the Amazon App Store...No Can Find!

I had the app on my smart phone. It had the location of the Fort Des Moines Rangers on a golf course, it was off by about 30-40 miles.

Deleted it from my phone.

The problem for the locations is that many clubs have some other address for their location - such as the club president, primary contact, etc. So the address is not actually where they shoot.

So Chili Pepper, the club pres may live on that golf course - actually or close :D

Golf course - a waste of a perfectly good shooting range.

I looked up Fort Des Moines Rangers.

The map that comes up on the SASS web site appears to be for the contact address. Indianola, IN

I went to the Club web site and found the directions to the range and there was an address.

I copied the address and put it in to Google Earth.

This got me to the range club house.

About 10 miles SE of Indianola, IN

A little looking I found the cowboy range 1300' down a dirt road.

In google earth you can display map back in to browser.

The Fort Des Moines Rangers are here. Web map

I do a lot of research looking for museums and other things for a web site I maintain. I need locations by (longitude and Latitude)

I know that not every one uses Google Earth so I link to the web page google display so it will open up in a web browser and still be interactive.

The problem for the locations is that many clubs have some other address for their location - such as the club president, primary contact, etc. So the address is not actually where they shoot.

So Chili Pepper, the club pres may live on that golf course - actually or close :D

By golly yore right!! Pit Mule lives right by that golf course.

I looked up Fort Des Moines Rangers.

The map that comes up on the SASS web site appears to be for the contact address. Indianola, IN

I went to the Club web site and found the directions to the range and there was an address.

I copied the address and put it in to Google Earth.

This got me to the range club house.

About 10 miles SE of Indianola, INA little looking I found the cowboy range 1300' down a dirt road.

In google earth you can display map back in to browser.

The Fort Des Moines Rangers are here. Web map

I do a lot of research looking for museums and other things for a web site I maintain. I need locations by (longitude and Latitude)

I know that not every one uses Google Earth so I link to the web page google display so it will open up in a web browser and still be interactive.

Looking at that map has me wanting to go shooting. Just 2 1/2 months away.

Archived