SASS Wire Forum

Should be a rule..guncarts must be wood

Rancho Roy

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...but Bones, there are no gun cart rules. :P;)

Exactly! Just a bit frustrated with folks that seek to impose their will on others, because, well, ya'll are stupid don't cha know. I work in the health care industry and seeing it destroyed by bad ideas has got me a bit het up. Sorry. :blush:

I built my cart when I first started from pine. it comes apart into 4 different pieces and fits in the trunk of my Neon. Holds 5 guns and lots of storage for a 2 day match. Still works great, still use it. I just don't understand the mindset that demands change to something that isn't busted (a rule is a demand). Seems to be a lot of that showing up lately. Greatly irritates me.

/rant off/

Hey, I built a beautiful solid red oak cart. It takes two men and a boy to get it into the truck. Next I built one made of a folding golf cart, you can lift it with one hand and it fits in every car I own. Finally I built one from a baby jogging stroller. It diassembles and is very mobile.

I use them all from time to time, it depends on the range layout and my mood.

Of course, none are exactly period correct.

Allie, you can always call him Maytag, you know, with a built in adjatator. I have a lot of friends just like him.

I guess the Harley with the scabbards is good for a gun cart, no it is not pre-1900 but it is kind of a reproduction.

And you'll need to get rid of all of your repeating firearms as our Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment and those are what they meant.... GROAN!!!!!

You cannot use smokeeeeeless powder because it aint authentic and period correct. Same for rifles in .45 Colt, .38 Special etc.....

The best post so far was the one suggesting a "rite of Passage into CAS" in building a gun cart................ABSOLUTLY!

I felt the same way when I built my cart and one for my best friend. But then again, there are those that build and those that buy..........I count them all as Pards!

I know we use "modern" guns and we have rubber soles on our cowboy boots........But bringing a Pink Glock to the line and wearing Air Jordans would be NoNo.

We use steel spoked wheels with rubber tires on our wooden carts............Sometimes supply dictates the unwritten rules.

OK.......Next topic I've not seen discussed much..............Should Blue Jeans be allowed.............. :o

Cattle Barons and Grand Patrons should have lovely four wheeled carts equipped with brass beds with feather mattresses pulled by kids in their fifties and sixties that have received a stage DQ. They may ride piggy back on the backs of malefactors that have have received MSVs or match DQs.

Wooden rocking chairs should be carefully placed at each stage so that there is no need to walk more than two steps to the firing line. Othouses MUST be positioned within easy limping distance from each stage just like they were in the 1870s and 1880s. The out houses must be made of wood and decorated with period correct graffiti.

The best post so far was the one suggesting a "rite of Passage into CAS" in building a gun cart................ABSOLUTLY!

I felt the same way when I built my cart and one for my best friend. But then again, there are those that build and those that buy..........I count them all as Pards!

I know we use "modern" guns and we have rubber soles on our cowboy boots........But bringing a Pink Glock to the line and wearing Air Jordans would be NoNo.

We use steel spoked wheels with rubber tires on our wooden carts............Sometimes supply dictates the unwritten rules.

OK.......Next topic I've not seen discussed much..............Should Blue Jeans be allowed.............. :o

Trouble maker!!!!

So let me begin by saying this: I know that there are millions of Shooters who are content with their gun carts – they like their carts and they value their relationship with their carts. And that means that no matter how we reform guncart rules we will keep this promise: If you like your guncart, you will be able to keep your guncart.

So let me begin by saying this: I know that there are millions of Shooters who are content with their gun carts – they like their carts and they value their relationship with their carts. And that means that no matter how we reform guncart rules we will keep this promise: If you like your guncart, you will be able to keep your guncart.

Well put!!

So you agree, you are a pot stirrer??

Usually, when we travel by stage, I am only paying my fare to get to the range. There are a lot of other folks on there paying their fare, too. So it splits the cost between all the passengers. The stage company has to eat the loss if they can't fill their coach.

So this notion that all of us who ride the stage are RICH is pure bupkis.

Maybe, to avoid having to hold my long guns at the range after arriving by stage, I can go to the the stable in town and rent a horse or to the edge of town and "borrow" one out of the passing cattle company's remuda.

Now, what do we do with folks who shoot at a range off the rail line if they so choose to travel by train? Is it acceptable for them to use the luggage cart or hand truck from the depot if available?

In my best Si Robertson voice: Hey, Jack! The sissies that rode trains didn't carry guns. That's why train robbers always took the passenger's gold watches and twenty dollar gold pieces.

"So you agree, you are a pot stirrer??"

Who....Me? "I wasn't there, I don't know anything about it, I didn't do it, I was home sick with the flu"...................

I think gun carts are an unnecessary luxury that need to be banned. If you're going to shoot, your horse can hold your long guns when they're not in use. If you're one of those fancy city types, you can lay your long guns up against the side of your carriage. Farmers and ranchers who come by buckboard can put their long guns up against the seat. If anyone arrives by stage coach, they'll just have to hold their long guns between uses. That'll teach them to plan better. Besides, only professional hustlers show up to a match in a stage coach. It's a well-known fact.

Well, as a silver senior and having owned approximately 3 wooden carts in the last 9 years, I now own a rugged cart and when I travel south I often use my two wheeled converted golf cart. I have bad shoulders and I find I can't handle them anymore....on the ground or loading them in the car. I liked the wooden ones, but if that was my only recourse I would probably quit shooting.

Just my too scents.....KK

How about this? A Mexican vegetable cart with a cedar box and dropped antlers. Pay no attention to the futuristic zip-lock ammo pouches.

IMG_0017_zps11d85877.jpg

IMG_0016_zps3c509d0b.jpg

Roy, before you try to make this game into what you think it should be maybe you should just play according to the established rules and accepted conventions. This is a fantasy game, and as such there are many ways for people to enjoy themselves within said rule and customs. The rule books are big enough already, we don't need to be adding any new insane rules for dress and accoutraments. If you don't like someones gun cart don't look at it, if you don't like how they are dressed, don't look.

The winter is long enough already, don't be making it worse.

Tell ya what, go someplace where you have to pull yer cart around a long way...for multiple days...thru rough terrain...etc,etc and then tell me how you love your big a$$ wooden cart on metal spoked wheels...put some miles on before ya opine.

And yes, my cart is of my own making and is wood...but that's MY CHOICE! Don't give a rats behind about what others need/choose to do.

Folks...stop worrying about what others legally do.

Oy!

Phantom

Tell ya what, go someplace where you have to pull yer cart around a long way...for multiple days...thru rough terrain...etc,etc and then tell me how you love your big a$$ wooden cart on metal spoked wheels...put some miles on before ya opine.

And yes, my cart is of my own making and is wood...but that's MY CHOICE! Don't give a rats behind about what others need/choose to do.

Folks...stop worrying about what others legally do.

Oy!

Phantom

Exactly!!

Guncarts must conform to your shooting category: Gunfighters carts must have a left & right handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration Duelist carts may only have one handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration Age based categories may use a modern adjustable cart with a loop handle Senior categories are open to choice... MTC

Now that's funny. Well Done Pard.

Some of you pards seem to missing the point that this is all just comic relief. :D ...anyway I think it was all meant to be in fun.

HEEE HEEE wink wink. It was meant to be funny.

How about this? A Mexican vegetable cart with a cedar box and dropped antlers. Pay no attention to the futuristic zip-lock ammo pouches.

Is that what those things are? A vegetable cart? My father in law passed some years back and we found one of those squirreled away in a barn. Had no clue what it actually was.

For myself, I love the looks of the creative and cool wood carts, and wish I had the talent to make one, and I considered buying a wooden one, but then I tried moving a few around when I was loaned some at my early matches. After that, I decided to go with the RG cart, because with a bad back and my lung issues it makes the difference between me being able to take part, or be able to watch from the sidelines.

I've got the answer that will solve everyone's concerns.

SASS needs to make a fundamental change in how it operates. It should contract with major gun manufacturers to supply one brand, style, caliber of pistol, rifle and shotgun. Members would be required to rent these guns and not modify them. SASS, under the rental package, would supply all ammo so everyone would shoot the same load. Same with guncarts, belt and holster rigs - all the same. Costuming would be uniform and rented. Ranges would have to have privacy fence between parking lot and stage area. An inspector would be at the gate to inspect everyone coming in to see that they have issued guns, ammo, carts and costuming.

Whats this cabin fever folks mentioned Sun has been down for about 1.5 hours and it is still 71 degrees

HEY, I may have went to bed about 8:00 but I was still about 98.7 degrees...............ain't made of wood ya know.

CS

Aw, crap......forgot :huh::o;)

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Yes, I brought it. I used to be an NCOWS member.

Many shooters were criticized (seriously) about not having period correct gun carts.

I'm not foolin' neither.

Mustang

EDIT>>>>>Our gun wagon is on this here website (under photos).

www.wildwestarms.com

Is it okay with ya'll? :o :o :o

I'd build a period correct SASS gun cart if I can ever see an original example of one...

And sorry if I didn't catch on that this thread was a joke...oh wait, I knew it was a joke...but I didn't realize that the OP was joking.

Guess it's just my lack of catching on to un-funny things.

Cheers!

Phantom

Talk about a thread going gangbusters :D:D

I make wooden guncarts fold up pretty small and only weigh 34 lbs dry, fits in the back a saloon car or hatch.

Check out my carts on http://www.sswdistributors.com

Looking for an order or two when we move to OK in April, looking forward to catching up with allour pards!!

Kathouse says it can't come quicker! :P

Archived