SASS Wire Forum

Should be a rule..guncarts must be wood

Rancho Roy

I'm sorry.....just my opinion as I wait in line to check my luggage at 4:30am.....

Not a fan of the baby carriage and golf cart aluminum frame jobbers....

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bout this little thought while I sit here waiting on my breakfast to be served:

YOUR motorcycle can't over 350 cc because ya just don't need that much power..... :o

ALL fishing poles must be made of CANE.....some of us are just not a big fan of those 'artificial' poles..... :ph34r:

By the way, I believe baby carriages and golf carts were invented long before gun carts..... ;)

Historically, our gun carts are 'probably' not right.

Maybe you should throw your gun cart away and get one of them baby strollers..... :)

..........Widder

I'm sorry.....just my opinion as I wait in line to check my luggage at 4:30am.....

Not a fan of the baby carriage and golf cart aluminum frame jobbers....

A suggestion like that will get you run out of town. Woops, see you are already at the airport. I recall a thread posted suggesting even modern wheelchairs be covered with a period blanket. Got really ugly. What next, no jeans??

and you have to bring that wooden guncart to the range in your buckboard wagon drawn by no more than 2 horsepower

Whoa there, I happen to agree with Roy B. I did a lot of research before building my wooden carts, and all of them are exact replica's of guncarts made between 1871 and 1899. I love doing research on the internet, because they can't put anything on here that isn't true. :unsure:

My gun cart looks just like the one Doc Holiday used at the OK Corral, it's made of wood from the old livery. On the other hand Virgil Erp had a gun cart made of old steam train hardware and canvas. My point, use what materials are available since it's tough to build a period correct gun cart.

Guncarts must conform to your shooting category:

Gunfighters carts must have a left & right handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration

Duelist carts may only have one handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration

Age based categories may use a modern adjustable cart with a loop handle

Senior categories are open to choice...

MTC

Guncarts must conform to your shooting category: Gunfighters carts must have a left & right handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration Duelist carts may only have one handle and made of wood in a fixed configuration Age based categories may use a modern adjustable cart with a loop handle Senior categories are open to choice... MTC

Good'n!

Reminds me of when I was still reenacting the French & Indian War and the American War of Independence, there were the "mainstream reenactors" and the "progressive reenactors" that were known by mainstreamers as "stitch Nazis." The online battles rage online to this day and the truth is that I leaned towards the progressive camp because we were representing history to the public. Having said that, we in CAS are not representing history to anyone. I thought this hobby was about having fun...?

Allie….we need you!!! Stop this ridiculous thread before people start getting ideas!!! :blink::wacko:

Reminds me of when I was still reenacting the French & Indian War and the American War of Independence, there were the "mainstream reenactors" and the "progressive reenactors" that were known by mainstreamers as "stitch Nazis." The online battles rage online to this day. I thought this hobby was about having fun...?

Don't worry John, up north this is just called cabin fever!!! It will subside in a month or two!! :D:D:D:D

I'm in complete agreement with Roy B.

In addition, the guncart must weigh at least 100 lb's and require a minimum of of 2 men to remove it from your period correct F-250.

Now, about those blue plastic hand held beeper thingies........... :o

CS

I've got a noose if we can just find a tree.

AND, they must all have period correct parasalle's (sp? )attached; NOT beach umbrella's AND must all have wooden wheels, just like on our chuckwagons/stagecoaches that we drove to the match.........hahahahahahahah

It's always good to start the day with a belly laugh. Thanks for the entertainment. Try for something controversial next time? You know, like let's all shoot only factory original large bore handguns with 7" barrels and maximum loaded "manly" ammo? And you thought Rodney Dangerfield got no respect :wacko:

CR

My cart is;

made of wood....check

over 100lbs.....check

drink holder....check

can't see the drink holder...check

beach umbrella...check

kitchen sink....check

I don't have a wooden gun cart for a couple of reasons.

1. I don't have the talent to build one.

2. I don't have the money to buy one.

I bought what I could afford, if I could afford a wooden cart I would have one.

Archived