SASS Wire Forum

2014 Georgia State Championship

Marauder SASS #13056

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KK you going to get in on the All American Cowboy category? Kajun's are Krazy enough to try anything once! :lol::lol:

Cheatin'

The keyword there is "once." I'll admit to being Krazy....just not stupid. Not that anyone shooting in the AAC is not edumakated...I'm just not skilled in such a variety of weapons.

I only shot a lever shotgun one time; it was at the "Scoot-n-Shoot" event at Comin At Cha two years ago and I swear it took me a good 10 seconds to just load the blame thing. I've shot a 97 shotgun one time and never pulled the trigger on a cap and ball "anything." I gonna sit back and watch the professionals do it and admire their skill and laugh with them when they run off the tracks. Oh, there WILL be train wrecks and it will be entertaining to watch. I just hope they get it all put together in time for the match. Little things like "all SASS rules apply" might result in some things being cut back a mite.

The keyword there is "once." I'll admit to being Krazy....just not stupid. Not that anyone shooting in the AAC is not edumakated...I'm just not skilled in such a variety of weapons.

I only shot a lever shotgun one time; it was at the "Scoot-n-Shoot" event at Comin At Cha two years ago and I swear it took me a good 10 seconds to just load the blame thing. I've shot a 97 shotgun one time and never pulled the trigger on a cap and ball "anything." I gonna sit back and watch the professionals do it and admire their skill and laugh with them when they run off the tracks. Oh, there WILL be train wrecks and it will be entertaining to watch. I just hope they get it all put together in time for the match. Little things like "all SASS rules apply" might result in some things being cut back a mite.

I can't see the gun requirements mattering. If category rules become an issue, it sounds like there's a willingness to make exceptions.

BTW, it's edjumicated! What are they teaching at LSU?

I can't see the gun requirements mattering. If category rules become an issue, it sounds like there's a willingness to make exceptions.

BTW, it's edjumicated! What are they teaching at LSU?

Learn to spell CBB...its edumakated.

I wasn't thinking about category rules. In particular I was thinking about stoking the shotgun. WB rules allow that but not SASS rules.

Kajun, we will get all the details worked out before May. Come on in, the water is fine. Being from the great state of Louisiana I know you aint scared of water? ;) Shoot AAC with us! :D

Cheatin'

• 3 weeks later...

Come on and shoot with us! Posses are starting to fill up with "posse me withs". When they are full, they are full! Get your apps in now to shoot with your favorite pards.

AAC should be a hoot. Anybody else dare to shoot with this boys?

Pitty

Come on and shoot with us! Posses are starting to fill up with "posse me withs". When they are full, they are full! Get your apps in now to shoot with your favorite pards.

AAC should be a hoot. Anybody else dare to shoot with this boys?

Pitty

Miss Pitty: I am having some issues with work for getting this time off. :angry: I should have a definite answer by the end of this week. All American Cowboy should be a hoot to shoot!! :D

Cheatin'

We added another one boys......put your big girl panties on and put your name of number 6 there. 1. Dang It Dan 2. Three Nut 3. Roughneck Rod 4. Chance Ramsay 5. Cheatin' Chamberlin

6. Knot Hardly Dunn 7. ?

Any of the ladies want to give this a try? I'm in!

1. Shamrock Sadie

2. ?

3. ?

Learn to spell CBB...its edumakated.

I wasn't thinking about category rules. In particular I was thinking about stoking the shotgun. WB rules allow that but not SASS rules.

KK,

While we were out at WR, Fast Eddie checked with the Powers that Be, AND stoking a shotgun IS LEGAL under SASS rules if it's held in hand as the first gun to be used in the stage. Just FYI.

KK,

While we were out at WR, Fast Eddie checked with the Powers that Be, AND stoking a shotgun IS LEGAL under SASS rules if it's held in hand as the first gun to be used in the stage. Just FYI.

Thanks for the update DiD, Fast Eddie was at the Ides this weekend so I did not get to talk with him at the monthly match.

Don't think I've ever seen that interpretation regarding a stoked shotgun but I ain't seen everything in SASS so there ya go. If the Powers That Be approved it then that's fine. It's gonna be fun to watch this AAC category shoot.

Three Nut is on a roll after the Ides so the rest of ya'll AAC folks better tighten up!

Kajun

Yup, folks it time to sign up.

I know, we locals have a tendency to wait until the last minute, but it helps the organizers to prepare if we sign up a little early... :D

Y'all have my application now. And you can posse me with anyone dumb enough to put up with my sorry butt! :lol: Lookin' forward to it.

Stopped by the Hampton today, they still have rooms at the $85.00 rate. Be sure to ask for the Cowboy State Champion rate. Hope to see ya all at the range.

McKenzie

Ok let's see....

All Around Cowboy aka we ain't SKEERED!

1. Dang It Dan

2. Three Nut

3. Roughneck Rod

4. Chance Ramsay

5. Cheatin' Chamberlin

6. Mississippi Kid

7. ?

All Around Cowgirl aka we ain't SKEERED!

1. Shamrock Sadie

2. Dang It's Darlin

3. ?

Hmmmm there's a lot room here for those with gumption! Those that ain't skeered ! Those that have the cajones!

Three Nut

Updated...

1. Dang It Dan

2. Three Nut

3. Roughneck Rod

4. Chance Ramsay

5. Cheatin' Chamberlin

6. Mississippi Kid

7. Knot Hardly Dunn

8. ?

1. Shamrock Sadie

2. Dang It's Darlin

3. ?

Any other takers?

Updated...

1. Dang It Dan

2. Three Nut

3. Roughneck Rod

4. Chance Ramsay

5. Cheatin' Chamberlin

6. Mississippi Kid

7. Knot Hardly Dunn

8. ?

1. Shamrock Sadie

2. Dang It's Darlin

3. ?

Any other takers?

Just so you know that I am looking.....#8 would be Santa Fe River Stan aka "Jawbone".

We need five ladies to fill the All Around Cowgirl Category, which will mean a buckle to the winner BUT we need to do it quickly. I have to order the buckles by the end of next week.

As long as there's going to be a '97 I can borrow put me down for AAC.

All Around Cowboy

1. Dang It Dan
2. Three Nut
3. Roughneck Rod
4. Chance Ramsay
5. Cheatin' Chamberlin
6. Mississippi Kid
7. Knot Hardly Dunn
8. Captain Bill Burt

1. Shamrock Sadie
2. Dang It's Darlin
3. ?

BTW since we have to dress CC. What constitutes a 'traditional' design boot? Do lace ups count, or maybe ropers, or do I need a pair of cockroach killers?

BTW since we have to dress CC. What constitutes a 'traditional' design boot? Do lace ups count, or maybe ropers, or do I need a pair of cockroach killers?

Burt, as long as you have at least five of the listed clothing items for CC, we most likely won't look at your boots - as long as they ARE boots and not moccasins or shoes. AND you are welcome to use my 97.

And welcome to the AAC!

Just so you know that I am looking.....#8 would be Santa Fe River Stan aka "Jawbone".

We need five ladies to fill the All Around Cowgirl Category, which will mean a buckle to the winner BUT we need to do it quickly. I have to order the buckles by the end of next week.

Actually I am #2 on the list

Stan

OK reading the CC rules, no drop holsters.... How am I supposed to pull 7 1/2" 45's out of a high holster :rolleyes:

Archived