SASS Wire Forum

2014 Georgia State Championship

Marauder SASS #13056

I like JEL's suggestion!

I have a resolution to this that I would SO much love to post BUT, I am fairly sure that the wire penalty for what I have composed would be VERY harsh!

I will say that I can provide BOTH of you with all of the necessary Frontiersman equipment to resolve this. Now the challenge is whether BOTH of you are up for it!

AS long as it only involves an equipment change (no dresses or silly hats, etc.) I am up for anything that will silence ol' Jawbone!

Send me a PM so I know what I am getting into........Travis?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't. I just sold my C&B guns. So, I have no guns and Travis (SRS) has no balls. Maybe Frontier Cartridge, but then again Travis would still have no balls. Never mind, it's not going to work.

1st.....Darlin having yours in a mason jar on the shelf doesn't qualify as YOU having them.

2nd....I've got plenty to spare if you need to borrow some

I like JEL's suggestion!

I have a resolution to this that I would SO much love to post BUT, I am fairly sure that the wire penalty for what I have composed would be VERY harsh!

I will say that I can provide BOTH of you with all of the necessary Frontiersman equipment to resolve this. Now the challenge is whether BOTH of you are up for it!

AS long as it only involves an equipment change (no dresses or silly hats, etc.) I am up for anything that will silence ol' Jawbone!

Send me a PM so I know what I am getting into........Travis?

3rd....If SQ will shoot WITH US......and it's just an equipment change (no dresses or silly hats, etc.) ......it's on like DONKEY KONG!!!!!!

Stan aka Double Tap aka Jawbone

Those Florida Crackers are at it again! :D This crew knows how to have fun! This is going to be a great match with a interesting SIDE match. I wonder what the entry fee is for this side match that Dan and Stan are having? ;):rolleyes:

Cheatin'

Those Florida Crackers are at it again! :D This crew knows how to have fun! This is going to be a great match with a interesting SIDE match. I wonder what the entry fee is for this side match that Dan and Stan are having? ;):rolleyes:

Cheatin'

That would be payable in BOURBON sir!

Stan

2nd....I've got plenty to spare if you need to borrow some

3rd....If SQ will shoot WITH US......and it's just an equipment change (no dresses or silly hats, etc.) ......it's on like DONKEY KONG!!!!!!

Wait just a second. My equipment is still fully functional and yours has gone through the ol' "nip and tuck". You don't have anything to lend out my friend, so mason jar or no, I am still a stud you are a just another gelding. That last time I checked, they don't run a lot of geldings at the Kentucky Derby.

I guess if you just need a referee to keep things fair, then SQ would have to shoot. Otherwise it's back to lyin' and cheatin' like usual.

hmmmm, y'all go at it and I'll make sure someone doesn't get lonely! :P :P :P

We'll CC get ready for a treat, Dan and Stan definitely bring the good stuff!

JEL

Boys, boys, boys!!! Let's roll!

Email us at southrivershootists@yahoo.com and let's set down some guidelines...such as....

is this a private fight or can anyone join in? Seperate special categoy? It would be great if SQ could be there as well!!

Man from Little River is ready, willing and able to assist in putting this together.

Pitty

Well I for one have had enough! NO MORE hiding behind categories!! NO MORE comparing apples to oranges!! NO MORE!!

I say DRESS UP, SADDLE UP, SHUT UP AND SHOOT!!!!!

IF SANTE FE RIVER STAN WANTS IT - THEN COME AND TAKE IT!!!

I say we have an "All Around Cowboy" match. I haven't thought it all the way through but why not? Two stages Traditional style, Two stages Gunfighter, Two stages Black Powder, Two stages Duelist, and two stages "Free Style". All three types of shotguns must be used and the shooter MUST dress Classic Cowboy for ALL stages. Since this would be something new, we might even elect to stoke the shotgun on one or two stages. As long as it's safe, we re-write the rules and go head to head.

Awwwright Jawbone, the ball is now in your court. Put up or shut up.

Your friend,

Dang It (here kitty, kitty, kitty,) Dan

Don't think I'm skeered!!!!!!!!!!

It's on Pard.....the All Around Cowboy category........I love it!

You know I figured that by now you would rather go bear hunting with a switch than to tangle with me!!!!!!!!!

Stan AKA Jawbone

PS that whacking sound was the ball being hit back into your court!

PSS.....anyone else that ain't SKEERED can come join the fun! Let's just see who can cut the chee.....uh......mustard! RRR where are you?

NOW, that sounds like a proper category!! I'll be back north by then this year, but iffn I cud Ide join en wit chues....

The Ides, for a warm up?

pb

That there "All Around Cowboy" match might make an interesting side match competition....just like a multi-stage "warm up" match held the day before main matches start.

Just thinking out loud here...trying to accomodate shooters and the folks running the match.

1. Use same steel as main match only different target sequences so as not to provide any advantage to anyone regarding the main match.

2. Make it one stage per discipline instead of two so it won't take as long....it would just be a 5 stage match.

3. One stage per discipline, 5 stages in all. Traditional, Gunfighter, Black Powder, Duelist, Freestyle

4. ??????

Require the use of a SxS, 97 and an 87 shotgun. Require BP cap & ball pistols on one or more of the stages,

This could get to be interesting.

Kajun

instead of freestyle, one pistol trad, other duelist. cap an ballers are tough! not everyone has them, actually very few, and getting one or two sets loaded, and kept up with would be hard...

the scoot and shoot at Comin at Cha is the best side match I've seen, this would be right in there! 6 shotgun per stage, 2 with each?

I agree with Purdy Boy about the cap and ball pistols.

But as to the rest of it, I am all in!!

I wonder if I can lessons on the 87 from Fireball?

And besides, arguing with you Stan is like wrestling a pig in the mud.....after a while you figure out that the pig enjoys it!!!

So this will be an all out throw down. The "freestyle" stages will have to be worked out and Fast Eddie may have to figure out what discipline will suit what stages best. I still want the stoke the shotgun on at least one stage.

So, there are two for the "All Around" category. Who's next??

I say we have an "All Around Cowboy" match. I haven't thought it all the way through but why not? Two stages Traditional style, Two stages Gunfighter, Two stages Black Powder, Two stages Duelist, and two stages "Free Style". All three types of shotguns must be used and the shooter MUST dress Classic Cowboy for ALL stages. Since this would be something new, we might even elect to stoke the shotgun on one or two stages. As long as it's safe, we re-write the rules and go head to head.

You're forgettin' there's 4 types of shotguns: Single barrel, double barrel, lever and pump (with double being subdivided into hammered and hammerless)

Throw in a single shot rifle for a stage or two while you're at it, a sharps, high wall or rolling block for instance.

I got a Rolling Block 45-70, a single 12 and a hammer double 12 you fellas can borrow if you're game.

I bet you could get significantly higher participation if you dropped the requirement for the 87. I'm betting I can find a pard to lend me a 97, but 87's are a little hard to come by around here. Sure would like to come out and play though.

The idea is that we all shoot together......and kinda share what we don't have. We should have some definite guidelines soon!

I have a special 87 that Dan can borrow!

Stan the All Around Jawbone

hmm, Jawbone? seems fitting who it went home with, after all considering whar it came from, now it's a finished set! :P

luv ya man :o

I been wupped by him soooo many times I have to extract revenge sumhow.... ;)

Howdy Dan and Jawbone,

This could shape up to be a rather infamous "Side Match" ! ! !

I will put up a bottle of BULLEiT BOURBON as top prize for the winner

Of course sharing is expected

Can't wait to see this match Delta Glen, maybe Jen could film it for posterity!

Bill Bonney

PS

let me know if'n you need to borrow any weapons

Howdy Dan and Jawbone,

This could shape up to be a rather infamous "Side Match" ! ! !

I will put up a bottle of BULLEiT BOURBON as top prize for the winner

Of course sharing is expected

Can't wait to see this match Delta Glen, maybe Jen could film it for posterity!

Bill Bonney

PS

let me know if'n you need to borrow any weapons

Bill,

Thanks for the very generous offer!!

Just for clarification - this is no sidematch. This is for the main match. This should answer some long-time questions about who really is the "overall" champeen!! It's not enough to be really good at just one thing - ya better be pretty good at everything and since Jawbone and Deuce are always giving me grief about "hiding" in the Gunfighter category, this should quiet them down a bit.

Archived