SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

Wow, this thang is gittin' close ta happenin! Sittin here in my office this morning wishin I was already there.

TnT, I feel yer pain. Due to this d@mn job I probably won't be there til Wednesday and I'll be workin every day I'm there. :angry: So that means I'll just hafta squeeze every ounce of fun outta my time while I'm there! :wacko:;):P

And FAIR WARNING to all who plan on enterin the Liars Contest. I've already got this one wrapped up!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, wait a minute, Mr. Gnatsass,

Startin' off an untruth with an untruth - "I've already got this one wrapped up!" - isn't playing fair. :o:P .........One must recognize the injustice of one's statement upon which one bases the premise of the underlying principal upon which one such statement is placed to insure such a pronouncement is co-habitable within the the same sphere of exsitence following the idea in which :ph34r: .......in other words:

YOU'RE ON!!!, Brother Titus! :D

KCD

Wow, this thang is gittin' close ta happenin! Sittin here in my office this morning wishin I was already there.

TnT, I feel yer pain. Due to this d@mn job I probably won't be there til Wednesday and I'll be workin every day I'm there. :angry: So that means I'll just hafta squeeze every ounce of fun outta my time while I'm there! :wacko:;):P

And FAIR WARNING to all who plan on enterin the Liars Contest. I've already got this one wrapped up!

:D

Hey, wait a minute, Mr. Gnatsass,

Startin' off an untruth with an untruth - "I've already got this one wrapped up!" - isn't playing fair. :o:P .........One must recognize the injustice of one's statement upon which one bases the premise of the underlying principal upon which one such statement is placed to insure such a pronouncement is co-habitable within the the same sphere of exsitence following the idea in which :ph34r: .......in other words:

YOU'RE ON!!!, Brother Titus! :D

KCD

:D

Didn't know it till today, but Schedule of events, Long range info, and Posse lists are up

on ponderosa-pines.com. I'm supposed to be Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter, by the way.

Only a little longer.....

Harley.

Before any of you Outlaws get too excited, I will be there and even plan on shooting ifin Joe and Bo will allow it. My app got lost in the mail and the dog eat it. It was a really bad day for the post office.

And I am so looking forward to shoot it with you. First time in 14 months for me to shoot BP. I have been loading this week. Got around 500 rounds of .38's loaded. 200 rounds of shotgun. Don't think I'm gonna have time to reconfigure the 650 to load up some 44-40's.

Just to make it interesting I guess I should have at least 5 gotchas to use when needed. You know what they say about treachery.

Lord Have Mercy!!!!!!

I see what your trying to do Joe!!!

Last Kiss , Anita Margarita , Yazoo City Gal , Carolina Girl and Sue Render all on my posse.

Your trying to make my not once but twice rebuilt heart just completely stop working.

Just imagine.... I get to spend not one but two full days hugging and shooting with these LOVELY LADIES!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

P.S.----- If I do stop breathing PLEASE let them revive me!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!! It's gonna be SOMETHING!!

Hey Joe!! (there's that song again) Put me on the posse with the Judge and sign me up for FC Duelist! I'm shootin' it Outlaw but what the heck!! My gunfighter rig is messed up so it's cross draw fer me!!

MMMMMMMMMM! Brownies!!

Thank you Joe!!!

I just had a thought.....duh????

If you had put Ms. Bo , Iron Maiden , Fannie and Complicated Lady on my posse it surely would have done me in!!!!!

So thanks for saving me.

You better put the OUTLAWS Tombstone and Blackwater in there. Since me and BW need to practice for the show.

Just a couple more days.

Main match

side matches

redneck Olympics

team shoot

brownies

desserts

live bands

all the food you can eat

drinking

lying

and yall want a poker tournament too?

Whew, we'll see what we can do!

Ironmaiden...quite a list of highlghts for the Black Gold shoot....looking forward to it. We'll be there sometime early Thursday morning to shoot the WB side match and then whatever else we can get into.

Just wondering what WCJ has up his sleeve for the redneck Olimpiks....with his mind you know its gonna be fun.

Kajun

Y'all need to get to your dentists!! The tooth decay from my brownies has already begun to affect you. YYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!

After several batches of brownies (a trip to the dentist and time on the treadmill) it is almost slap yo mama time!

We are looking forward to seeing all of ya!

Well, I finally got a peek at whats up for the Olympics! You won't believe what Whiskey's got cooked up! But what I've seen, you better pucker up and do some stretching!!!

I'm figuring I'll sleep here at home two more times this week!! (that's not countin' any naps I take) :rolleyes:B)

Page 2??? Has everybody already left for the Ponderosa? Say it ain't so. Is me and Brand A. Bovine the only two cowpokes still at work? We are pretty good workers, but, a national economy we DON'T MAKE. :P We will be there late morning Thursday. All them bullets got powder in them and have put them into little ole boxes just for the goings on(s)! Just like a kid at Christmas Time!!! :D

There are a few of us here already but we is the working class cowboys right now. Getting things ready for the party.....i mean shoot. See everyone when they get here. Be safe,

Page 2??? Has everybody already left for the Ponderosa? Say it ain't so. Is me and Brand A. Bovine the only two cowpokes still at work? We are pretty good workers, but, a national economy we DON'T MAKE. :P We will be there late morning Thursday. All them bullets got powder in them and have put them into little ole boxes just for the goings on(s)! Just like a kid at Christmas Time!!! :D

I'll be at the office today and tomorrow, self-employment is a myth.

You do remind me a little of a Mango!!! Sorry I had to.

They will have it fixed where it matters. On the score sheet.

One more night at home then I'm heading North.

I am so looking forward to giving IM and Bo big old hugs tomorrow. Check I'll even hug Joe and WCJ!!!!

1/2 of the Ohio crew will be in tomorrow evening. The other two will role in on thur... (one of them still needs to load fresh ammo)

Judge, it will be good to see you again.

Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming there might be a place to fill my water trough on the camper...

See ya'll In About 24hrs...

Boaz

Sure hope the dog didn't eat mine and Reno Mustang's applications! I promise they were mailed last week. Sorry to be late sending them, but had to be sure of Reno's work schedule first. Gee, someone in this family has to work for a living, right?!

We should get there Thursday afternoon, but sadly not in time to shoot the side matches. Looking forward to a great time again this year!!

I just cancelled my room at the Best Western in Manchester.....gonna be staying in London. They were sold out....so there is now one room available there....as of 11:15am. We'll see ya'll on Thursday AM.

Kajun

Well, back on page 2 :( I remind me of my suspenders.....Always keepin' sumpting up :P However, I am going on strike and this here thread may fall to page 3.....OH, you ask why? (I act as if you care? :o ) Because, in 2 hours Brandon A Bovine and I am getting into his pick'em up truck and headin' over to the Ponderosa Pines Black Gold Shootout! YEE-HAW!!!

I hope everybody made it home after all of the "Special Brownies" that got consumed!! :lol::lol::o:wacko::lol:

Thanks for a great time!!

To Copperhead Joe and all of the folks who worked so hard to get the range ready, put covers on the back shooting bays, set up the steel, write the stages, print out the shooter's books, keep up with the applications, do the scoring, arrange the raffle and prizes, get the sponsors, do the cooking and clean up, ride herd on the nefarious crowd of shooters and the 10,000 other things that we just don't see to put on such a great match, I've just got one thing to say...

THANK YOU

None of what we as shooters got to experience and enjoy would have happened without all of the hard work and long hours put in by all those concerned.

The cowboy Olimpiks, TT's motorized margarita maker, Copperhead juice, dessert contest, two great nights of live music, table dancing :blink: , great food and fellowship made the long drive worth while.....oh and we also got to shoot for 3 days too! If you've never been to the Black Gold Shootout you owe it to yourself to get there next year. If you don't grin the whole time you are there your "grinner" is broken.

Kajun

Archived