Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

I hope I can hang.

Never done brownies before!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been working on some special brownies. :ph34r:

Two questions Sue Render....

1. Will my memory begin to fade after I eat some of your special brownies?

2. Will I have a strange craving for bbq potato chips smothered with guacamole?

Two questions Sue Render....

1. Will my memory begin to fade after I eat some of your special brownies?

2. Will I have a strange craving for bbq potato chips smothered with guacamole?

1. You have memory left?

2. Maybe...

And that's all I got to say about that.

I'm pretty sure that Kajun has NO memory left. Anyone that eats BBQ chips with guacamole can't be right in the head.

Just get me to the margaritas!!

Joe, I will need some lemonade to cleanse my pallet between tastes of the margaritas. Please keep that in mind.

I am so looking forward to next week. May even have to come early just to catch up on some hugs. Yazoo has given her permission for me to catch up.

Oh yeah, there is gonna be a shootin' match too.

I'll still be there on Wednesday, even if the old scooter ain't ready, and I can say for sure that it won't be. MAN!! I'm lookin' forward to this!!

We will be there early in the week. And no, he won't let off with any details, even to me!

Harley,

Don't read the next one. Eyeball Alert!!!!

IM,

You tried tying him to the bed yet???? Never mind he would probably like it to much.

YeeeeHaaaaaa we are coming on Wednesday. I could not wait any longer!!!!!

Yazoo was thinking I would go crazy!! As if I'm not already.

Blackwater,

Send me some CCR tunes!!

Wally!! Make sure you got the chorus of Whiskey River Down!!

How much ammo is needed for the side matches CHJ...... approx.?

We should be rolling in next Wednesday. :D

And one more question Copper Head Joe, for the WB side match is it ok if we shoot the rifle portion with our .357 rifles.....ammo loaded to meet the 150 PF of course (158 gr RNFP loaded with 3.XX grains of Clays)

If so it'd mean one less rifle to have to bring since I shoot .357 in my main match rifle.

Jackaroo, that would depend on how long you want to shoot on Thursday. Seems like I ran out of sidematch ammo last year after about 5 hours of playing. (That's why I could not get that speed GF record, that and Unpleasant is much faster than I am.)

Howdy, Does anyone have the GPS coordinates for the Black Gold Shootout in Manchester, Ky.? My GPS isn't able to locate it using the mailing address. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Howdy, Does anyone have the GPS coordinates for the Black Gold Shootout in Manchester, Ky.? My GPS isn't able to locate it using the mailing address. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Look at post #233 of this thread and you'll find all of the location information you are looking for.

Kajun

Let me add a little. Black Gold Shootout is being held at a private range called Ponderosa Pines owned by Copperhead Joe's family. The entrance to the Ponderosa Pines range is located at the corner of New Truckers Road and Hwy 80 just south of Manchester, Kentucky. The GPS coordinates for the entrance are 37.119106,-83.796458. You can see a web map of the location here.The Pondersoa Pines website is here and the match application can be found here.

John Boy, if there is something else you need in the way of information to find the match or the events the folks here on the Wire would be glad to help you. It is hands down one of the most fun matches you'll shoot.

Hope to see you there,

Kajun

Here ya go Gunrunner Joe...saved ya the trouble of looking it up.

Kajun

And one more question Copper Head Joe, for the WB side match is it ok if we shoot the rifle portion with our .357 rifles.....ammo loaded to meet the 150 PF of course (158 gr RNFP loaded with 3.XX grains of Clays)

If so it'd mean one less rifle to have to bring since I shoot .357 in my main match rifle.

I really don't want to sound pissy, but Wild Bunch calls for a rifle of at least .40 caliber and a bullet of at least 180 grains, not just a power factor. It sounds like you have a qualifying rifle but just don' t want to have to bring it? If that is too much effort you could just skip the Wb match. OR, you could just bring your big bore rifle and shoot it in the main match as well and be 100% legal in both if bringing two rifles is that much of a hassle. You might say that shooting the big bore in the main match would slow you down, but, that's what Wild Bunch is all about. Perhaps I should be allowed to shoot my 226 Sig in 9mm and use my 15 round mags?

I really enjoy shooting Wild Bunch and, like Classic Cowboy, it has specific rules and requires a degree of commitment including specific equipment. "Run what you brung" isn't Wild Bunch.

Again, KK, this isn't about you, you just happened to touch a pet peeve nerve of mine. Looking forward to meeting you and the "lemonade" will be on me.

I'm with Buffalo Dick on this. :D otherwise we might as well throw the rule book away.

Jackaroo, that would depend on how long you want to shoot on Thursday. Seems like I ran out of sidematch ammo last year after about 5 hours of playing. (That's why I could not get that speed GF record, that and Unpleasant is much faster than I am.)

HI TT, yea I know, also how many stages for the WB match please?

I really don't want to sound pissy, but Wild Bunch calls for a rifle of at least .40 caliber and a bullet of at least 180 grains, not just a power factor. It sounds like you have a qualifying rifle but just don' t want to have to bring it? If that is too much effort you could just skip the Wb match. OR, you could just bring your big bore rifle and shoot it in the main match as well and be 100% legal in both if bringing two rifles is that much of a hassle. You might say that shooting the big bore in the main match would slow you down, but, that's what Wild Bunch is all about. Perhaps I should be allowed to shoot my 226 Sig in 9mm and use my 15 round mags?

I really enjoy shooting Wild Bunch and, like Classic Cowboy, it has specific rules and requires a degree of commitment including specific equipment. "Run what you brung" isn't Wild Bunch.

Again, KK, this isn't about you, you just happened to touch a pet peeve nerve of mine. Looking forward to meeting you and the "lemonade" will be on me.

Well dang...now ya done gone and shamed me! In some places, in matches other than state or regional, they allow Mild Bunch along with Wild Bunch....just checking to see if this was so at Black Gold.

But BD...just fer you, tonight I loaded up some 45LC and I'll strap one more long gun to the pack mule afore I start up north for Kentucky. Just trying to lighten the load on ole Betsy a mite....toten that extra rifle's gonna make her a little more thirsty so if'n the lemonade is on you please get me two....one for ma mule and one fer me.

Kajun

Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162

We are going to add Wild Bunch match this year on side match day. So bring 1911's. Now, for those of us who don't know that much about Wild Bunch. We are having a "shoot what ch'a got" class. That means shoot what ch'a got too shoot, SASS legal rifle, semi auto pistol, and most any shotgun ya got. What ya think?Copperhead

I think this what Krazy Kajun was referring to

Well dang...now ya done gone and shamed me! In some places, in matches other than state or regional, they allow Mild Bunch along with Wild Bunch....just checking to see if this was so at Black Gold.

But BD...just fer you, tonight I loaded up some 45LC and I'll strap one more long gun to the pack mule afore I start up north for Kentucky. Just trying to lighten the load on ole Betsy a mite....toten that extra rifle's gonna make her a little more thirsty so if'n the lemonade is on you please get me two....one for ma mule and one fer me.

Kajun

Actually, if Joe weighs in, he may well say that .357's are allowed. If so, I'll still bring my . 45 because, to me, it's the right thing to do.

DISCLAIMER:The views expressed in my earlier rant are my opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the views of Copperhead Joe or Pondersa Pines management.:)

Jackaroo, bring lots and lots of extra ammo. Especially shotgun shells! Team match runs about as long as folks want to shoot. Can't wait to see everybody. Really can't wait for that big ole hug from Judge!

Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162

We are going to add Wild Bunch match this year on side match day. So bring 1911's. Now, for those of us who don't know that much about Wild Bunch. We are having a "shoot what ch'a got" class. That means shoot what ch'a got too shoot, SASS legal rifle, semi auto pistol, and most any shotgun ya got. What ya think?Copperhead

I think this what Krazy Kajun was referring to

This was posted while I was laboriously typing my last post and I'm not sure what Joe's intentions are. Are we going to have a Wild bunch side match with a separate "shoot what you got " class, plus the normal Traditional and Modern Wild Bunch categories? Or, is the entire "Wild Bunch" match going to be just a no rules plinkfest?

Any clarification would be deeply appreciated.

Howdy all, I finely got a minute to say hey.

Couple of reminders:

I would not follow GPS directions unless you know where it is taking you. It will probably get there, but not the way you want to go. Follow the directions on the web site, just saying.

Don't forget the Cowboy Yard Sell

Bring extra shot shells. I just got a little look at one of Big Johnsons events and you will want to shoot it.

On our Wild Bunch match ,we will have a class for those of us who think we might want to try it but might have all the requirements yet. But that will be in addition to the normal Wild Bunch classes.

We have added a new rule at the BLACKGOLD EVENT" this year ABSOLUTELY NO FROWNING ALLOWED"!!!! This an all SMILES match. No exceptions. In the event that you find your self in need of smile or laugh we have a committee that will be glad help you out.

Everybody have a safe trip. See ya'll soon. I got to get back to work before Miss Bo kills me.

Jackalope I do look forward to seeing you again. Met you at EOT a few years back.

Three Cut is coming yea. He as to shoot with the OUTLAWS!!!!

Dang Harley. We were leaving early just to hang out with you some and now your gonna leave even earlier. Must be nice being retired.

I have heard the rumor that a few of us will be arriving on Monday, course I plan to work a little on Tuesday but that should not last too long.

I am soooo looking forward to this party....um...I mean shoot.

Seeing old friends and making new ones...

Omaha John and are planning to be there Monday night. It will be his first time at Black Gold. I've told him how nice and fun everyone is so y'all don't let me down.

We're gonna' be loud and proud and it's gonna' be a great feed too!!

Jackaroo!! Lookin' forward to meetin' you!

All of the new faces are gonna' be permanently disfigured! You'll have a smile that won't go away!!

Hey Blackwater..

I won a great felt hat at an auction.

It is a smidgen too tight. Can you bring a hat stretcher to Black Gold?

I gotta' finish up a hat for Boaz Longhorn and I may sell a few palm leaf hats at the yard sale. No problem!!

FUN TIMES, Y'ALL!!

Question for Copperhead Joe. For the shoot what ya bring match, how many pistol rounds and how many mags for my 1911 will I need? Thanks

Archived