SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

The first experimental brownie recipe is goin' in the oven this afternoon! The rest of y'all may as well leave yer batches at home!!

On second thought, bring 'em 'cause we'll only have about 200 of the best ones to go around!! :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously!! Let's make this the best contest yet for a good cause!! B)

Backwater...you didn't happen to get the recipe for them thar "experimental brownies" from a pard out in Colorado or Washington state...or Knob Creek Drover didja? B)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fair causing the munchies while you are trying to cure the munchies

Where I gots my recipe is nobody's business but my own. If they're a little addictive, all the better!! B):rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as the munchies goes, go on an' loosen yore belt when you pull on the property! Yer gonna' hafta' anyways..... ;):P

KCD!! Man does not live by Margaritas alone! There's lemonade, apple pie, Crown, and even some Irish whiskey, to name just a few others!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, lets get this thing back to the top! Still nothing on the hillbilly Olympics. Whiskey's being very secretive. Heard part of a conversation with Copperhead, swear I heard something about outlaws and corsets! Don't know if same sentence though.

I think if we do a Hats and Chaps somebody would have to screen the entries and there are some I do not want to see!!!!!!! But some that would just fine!!!!!! So I don't know if the risk out weighs the gain. I'm a thinking they is more that I don't to see then they is I do!

We might just stick to brownies.

I think if we do a Hats and Chaps somebody would have to screen the entries and there are some I do not want to see!!!!!!! But some that would just fine!!!!!! So I don't know if the risk out weighs the gain. I'm a thinking they is more that I don't to see then they is I do!

We might just stick to brownies.

Joe....if you start the Hats and Chaps about 30 minutes after you finish the brownies you might just find a few more "willing participants" for the Hats and Chaps...particularly if they've eaten a few of Blackwater's eXpErImEnTaL brownies :blink::wacko::unsure:

I had a chat today with Blackwater on the phone. We were checking to see how all of our ailments were doing.

Then we talked about how we were looking forward to BLACK GOLD. I told him I had my Lynyrd Sknyrd song down pretty good. I also mentioned that if Milkbone was gonna play any Credence he might have to kick me off the stage. He laughed and said the boys could handle any mistakes I might make.

So I am ready to go.

SASS FAMILY

COPPERHEAD AND BO'S FAMILY

BLACKWATER AND MILKBONE

GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT (first time in over a year)

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready to hear you sing Judge but more anxious to see you shoot, whether it's good or bad, fast or slow, doesn't matter as long as your having fun and your back!

Black Gold will be a great venue for your return to the shooting ranks!

Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Joe....if you start the Hats and Chaps about 30 minutes after you finish the brownies you might just find a few more "willing participants" for the Hats and Chaps...particularly if they've eaten a few of Blackwater's eXpErImEnTaL brownies :blink::wacko::unsure:

Kajun,

You think we could get Blackwater and Judge in the "Hats and Chaps" and maybe Copperhead too?

Lawdy! Lawdy! LAWDY!! Now I got's to break out the brain bleach!! :o:lol:

Judge, and Blackwater: Make it stop, make it stop! (The pain in my head.)

On a different note: Sad to say it looks like my real slingshot project is not gonna come together.

Genuine rubber inner tube is not available here in the future of the 21st century.

May not matter anyway since Whiskey Creek remains quiet on hillbilly games

Don't know how he's been able to be quiet this long.

Harley..

How many shooters ya got, Copperhead?

Judge, and Blackwater: Make it stop, make it stop! (The pain in my head.)

On a different note: Sad to say it looks like my real slingshot project is not gonna come together.

Genuine rubber inner tube is not available here in the future of the 21st century.

May not matter anyway since Whiskey Creek remains quiet on hillbilly games

Don't know how he's been able to be quiet this long.

Harley..

How many shooters ya got, Copperhead?

Ya gotta watch ole Whiskey Creek Johnson....he a quiet one and those are the kind you need to watch out fer. Ain't no tellin' wut his krazy mind is thunkin' up for them Cowboy olimpiks :blink::wacko: I'm shore wutever it is....it's agonna be fun....and will involve sumthin ya won't want your piture made whilst yore adoin' it. :D :D

Kajun,

You think we could get Blackwater and Judge in the "Hats and Chaps" and maybe Copperhead too?

Ocee Red....I just ain'ta gonna let my mind go there....I ain't got enough brain bleach on hand to deal with that thought :o :o

Need to git this'n back on the front page of da Whar.

Hey KCD...gettin' the last of my Black Gold ammo put together...trying to crimp all da misses out of'em.. :blink::wacko: Oncet I git that done why I'll be set. Onlyst thing left to deal wif is gettin' my eyes looked over at the Doc's office next week.

Looks like I'll be travelin' wif my Georgia pard Pale Ale Rider. He ain't never been to Black Gold afore so when ya see him make shore ya spit on yore hand and then giv'em a welcome handshake. That way he'll know he's being treated like fambly :o

Talked to Judgem' All Duncan on the phone the other day and he's gonna be going to shoot up at Cleveland TN this weekend....it's good that he's gitten' his shootin' legs back underneath him. He's lookin' healthier every day. (I was gonna say he was looking better every day but we all know that'd be a lie :P )

And TT...er' ya gotch yore motorized margarita stirrer upper all checked out....changed the spark plugs, adjusted the choke, changed the oil, wrenched out the margarita container since last year? :huh:

Backwater....ya got yore eXpErImEnTaL brownie mix all settled up yet....I bin havin' a hankerin' fer some of them thangs lately....just git the munchies thinkin' about em ;)

Kajun

Pete!! Now that there is a real corker!!

Some bad news!! Due to circumstances beyond my financial control, I'm not gonna get to ride at Black Gold. DAMMIT!!! DAMMIT!!!! DAMIT!!! The cash I had set aside to have my old iron painted just got spent. I gotta buy tires for Ol' Green, (I had a catastrophic failure this afternoon) so the tin waits in the shop 'til I get another little nut built up!!

The good news is I got everything else working' purity well, and we'll get to spend an extra couple of days anyway!!

First batch of brownies were outstanding, but I can do better!!

I'm thinking' of a Pat's cheeseburger right about now, but it's 5:30 so that makes sense!!

I've heard so many good stories about past shoots from Harley and Judge that Miss Kitty Kat and I sent in our application forms today. Shooting followed by alcohol, silly games, and other shenanigans; I can't think of anything better.

Hill billy Olympic news! Slinging the crap! After reading this wire, I see that we have lots of professionals!!!

Hill billy Olympic news! Slinging the crap! After reading this wire, I see that we have lots of professionals!!!

Now that we have an actual description of the event (slinging crap) I'm sure all of the gamers in the crowd now have further questions...such as:

1. Are the crap slingers going to be provided or do we have to bring our own?

2. Are there an limitations to the mods that are allowed in shooter supplied crap slingers?

3. Are there going to be different categories for crap slingers?

Some possibilities.....

a. Triple Trouble for those crap slings that are big enough to require two shooters to hold each end and one shooter to pull the crap pouch back.

b. Nekid n'Proud for those shooters that dare to bare and shoot in chaps wif nuttin' on underneaf'em

c. C Western for those shooters who have extra ornamentation hangin' off of their crap sling?

d. Butt Cartridge for those shooters that put a little black powder charge in wif their crap before lettin'r rip?

e. I'm sure other suggestions might be forthcoming here.....

A suggestion for the event....I'd think that Whiskey Creek Johnson, Copperhead Joe and Blackwater ought to be judges rather than participants cuz they are crap slinging professionals :D

Just a thought....

Krazy (what had a little extra time on his hands this afternoon) Kajun

KK, if you were to bring up a load of mudbugs i am sure I could get Copperhead to donate the water and fire to boil them badboys. Just saying.

As far as the the Redneck Olympics go, I am sure Whiskey Creek has the rules firmly in hand as it were and would not stoop to allowing professional slingers in this stage of the contest same as there are no politicians allowed in the Liers Contest.

We want a fair fight, no bribes, no cheating, and no alcohol.....sorry about that, I was just warming up for the liers contest. How did I do?

I am ready to be the JUDGE of the MARGARITA CONTEST!

Tennessee Tombstone and Jackalope are the first two entrants.

If you want to volunteer to assist in judging. Your applications and cash donations will be considered.

Judge'm may I assist you in the margarita contest? I'll practice with different flavors to make sure I'm a good assistant judge ;)

Kajun, you sho do have a lot of time on your hands to come up with all them categories!

Well I guess we have a new sport "Crap Slinging". We will shore have to add it to the Crap Shoot we have in March. But I have a question just how is going to compete? Sense ya'll said no professionals, cause most everybody I know is pretty much professionals at crap slinging!!! Maybe we need to have a professional class.

Hey Joe....looks like we got two more GA shooters making the pilgrimage up to your place. I just got word that Desperado and his daughter I'ma Darlin' are making the trip up to the Ponderosa Pines too!

To change the subject a mite....ole Whiskey Creek Johnson ain't said much in this here thread. He's a quiet one and thems the kind ya gotta watch out fer. No tellin' wut kinda ideer's are a floatin' around his noggin fer the Olimpiks! What say ya Whiskey?

Just a little reminder, I've read in several postings in this here thread about how the judges can be persuaded (bribed) to vote your way so be sure to bring some "persuasion" (money, apple pie, eXpErImEnTaL brownies, etc) wif ya if'n ya wanna fare favorably in the competitions.

14 more days ya'll!!

Kajun

Its getting close, only about a week, (depending on when you plan to show up)

Better get the old Dillon going, will need plenty of rounds for the week.

I just laid in an extra few rounds of diabetes meds!! :lol::lol::lol:

Been working on some special brownies. :ph34r:

I was able to get a taste of the first batch.....you people need to put on yer' big boy aprons if yer' gonna' get in a cook-off with Sue Render!

Archived