SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

Whadaya think there, KK? Shades of Henny Youngman??

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The burning question about this match is,

"Is RRR gonna' grace us with his smiling face this year???"

I heard a description of the Black Gold Shootout yesterday that I found both flattering to all of us who help to put this little match on, and profoundly insightful as to how we want this match to be thought of!!

"Black Gold is like the family reunion you'd want to go to if you could pick all of your relatives!"

I gotta give Lady T the credit for coming up with this when someone who wasn't familiar with our event asked what everybody was talking about.

Think of that when you plan your shooting schedule! I don't think it can be said any better than that!!!

Blackwater, sounds like Lady T nailed it for shore.

We are going to add Wild Bunch match this year on side match day. So bring 1911's. Now, for those of us who don't know that much about Wild Bunch. We are having a "shoot what ch'a got" class. That means shoot what ch'a got too shoot, SASS legal rifle, semi auto pistol, and most any shotgun ya got. What ya think?

Blackwater, sounds like Lady T nailed it for shore.

We are going to add Wild Bunch match this year on side match day. So bring 1911's. Now, for those of us who don't know that much about Wild Bunch. We are having a "shoot what ch'a got" class. That means shoot what ch'a got too shoot, SASS legal rifle, semi auto pistol, and most any shotgun ya got. What ya think?

Hey Copperhead Joe.....can I brang one of these here shotguns for the Wild Bunch match? :P

KK!! Seems drastically overpriced!! :unsure:

Ain't said I was gonna buy it from them....just wanted to know if it was "Copperhead Joe approved" for the Wild Bunch side match. I got something akin to it and as slow as I shoot I need all the advantage I can get :P

Kajun, the key word on shotgun use was "MOST any shotgun". But then again I heard the folks that run this here match are NOT above being approached with exceptions. If you know what I mean.

So....just who do I need to bribe approach for the "acceptions (get it...accept....ah nevermind) :P :P I've heard tell that Whiskey Creek Johnson is "approachable" if'n ya got the right kind of "stuff"....for medicinal purposes only I'm sure! :blink: :blink:

Gonna be a great match...with or without "acceptions."

Kajun

The only thing that ain't acceptable is absence!!

Ya' Got's Ta' Be There!!!

i will see yall soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any news on our smilin' buddy??

I do have some more of them 10 ga. shells for your wake-up call on Saturday!! B)B):lol:

Three Cut, looking forward to seeing you again and tipping a few back. See you in July.

Three Cut needs to shoot with me and the OUTLAWS.

That's the only way we can keep an eye on him and try and corrupt him at the same time.

Imagine Tombstone, WCJ, Blackwater, Yazoo, Last Kiss, Harley and me. He won't stand a chance.

Besides he owes me one.

Judge

Judge

I will shoot with you any time. You do not have to keep a eye on me.I am a good boy not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be good to see U Buddy.

Cut

SO!! What about RRR??? Stuffed peppers and that big ol' smile!!

I'm wonderin'!!

No Ray is not going to make it. Sorry

Dang!!

Oh well!! We'll just hafta' party without him!! Gonna be good ta' see you! We'll drink and eat his share an' you can tell him what all he missed!!

I DO wish he could make it. Tell him I was askin' 'bout 'im!!

That way my peppers will not have any competition. Hate you will miss this one RRR, Three Cut will carry your weight and his too I am sure. See everyone in a few weeks.

Cuda Joe, I know you were talking about this one, sure are some good GF's there looking for someone to push them. Notice I am shooting OL right now.

Ya'll got a "who's gonna shoot" list?

Oh...and I just delivered off my app and Firestone check to the Pony Express office today.

That way my peppers will not have any competition. Hate you will miss this one RRR, Three Cut will carry your weight and his too I am sure. See everyone in a few weeks.

Cuda Joe, I know you were talking about this one, sure are some good GF's there looking for someone to push them. Notice I am shooting OL right now.

Your peppers are wonderful!! I just figured if Wed Wiver Way showed up, we'd have more peppers for ME!!!

Seriously!! No matter how much fun a shoot is, it'll always be more fun if RRR is there!!

I'm gonna call Joe and harass him 'till he can't stay away!!

Well, let's just throw a shoot in with this party! Seriously folks, bring lots and lots and lots of extra ammo. Can't wait to see everyone. Looks like some of my most favorite folks is gonna be there. Yee-Ha!

Don't forget that on Wednesday, July 16th there is gonna be a "bring your motorcycle 'n' ride with us" ride. Last year half of the tourers failed to finish the ride because of mechanical failures, but the scenery and the fun was beyond belief!! (I've got my tin in the paint shop). I got my mechanicals all took care of, (broken drive belt) and ol' scooter is about ready.

We'll pull out when everyone that says they're coming is ready and we'll get back in time to eat supper or there abouts! It's free and like I said, lots of fun!!

That hill and mountain country shore is purdy this time of year!

Maybe we can ride up to one of the distilleries up that way. We will have to ride out of McKee this year so everyone can enjoy that road. I enjoyed it three times last year, one time in a monsoon. I know of 4 others that are planning on riding with us. Load up and lets start the weekend off right...on Wednesday.

Ride in circles so it won't be so far with the trailer to pick ya'll up.

:P:D:lol: ...That there is funny....I don't care who ya are!!

:P:D:lol: ...That there is funny....I don't care who ya are!!

NO! No it ain't! Comical maybe, but not one dang bit funny!!! (sense of humor suspended) :angry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The first experimental brownie recipe is goin' in the oven this afternoon! The rest of y'all may as well leave yer batches at home!!

On second thought, bring 'em 'cause we'll only have about 200 of the best ones to go around!! :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously!! Let's make this the best contest yet for a good cause!! B)

Archived