SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

Hey Joe, when you ride to the various shoots you attend, where do you strap your rifle? :unsure: 16 Degrees this morning. :huh: Can't believe July will ever get here. I feel a like a kid waiting for Christmas. But the thoughts of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Bo Copperhead, Mr. and Mrs. Kiss, Tn Tombstone, Kajun, Dark Whiske...Uh? Blackwater, and whole gang getting together for a little shooting, a little food, and whole lot of liquid celebrating keeps me going.

Hey, Kajun, have you ever seen the Engineering Marvel Tn Tombstone brings to the shoots? Why it is a supercharged, gas operated, portable, whiz-bang, daiquiri making miracle. Mr. Tombstone, Sir, are you bring said device to the Shoot Out? Please, say yes!

I am sure it will be there, I may be training a few new operators this year but yes it will be there. Unlike Kajun, I am not an engineer, heck they wont even let me blow the whistle much less drive the danged train.

Why KCD, I have seen TT's modern marvel machined margarita maker. TT, a good engineer would figure out how to get someone else to operate their contraptions...especially if the "output" is great "input."

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said!! Fun times!!! ;):P:lol::wub:

Well I made my hotel reservations for the Best Western in Manchester last night whilst I was at the SC state match banquet. Whisky Creek Johnson and Iron Maiden and Cooperhead Joe and Mis Bo were all there at the banquet and I FINALLY got my hug from Iron Maiden :wub:

I got a GA pard I'm trying ta get to go wif me. He's our match director at Cherokee Cowboys here in GA...his SASS alias is Badlands Bob we know him better as EViiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiL Bob. If'n his better half Brisket will give him a kitchen pass and the folks over ta his workplace cooperate maybe he'll be riding in the Kajunmobile with me up to Kaintuck.

It's on like Donkey Kong now ya'll.

Hey Knob Creek Drover....lassiez les bon temps roulier sha :D :D :D :D :D :D

Harley, we are working a list of activities. Tring to make shore we have time to do what we want.

BUT FOR EVERYONE THAT ENTERS THIS YEAR HAS A CHANCE AT DILLON 650 !!!!!!!! I know everyone can use a new 650. That is some pretty good odds, if you are into odds just for participation.

POO-YIE!, Sha, we gonna pass a large time, yea! It is great to hear you are coming. I got an adult beverage waiting for you!

KCD

Oh meis sha we ought have us a cochon de lait and some apple pie....dat would be a large time yeah.

Harley, we are working a list of activities. Tring to make shore we have time to do what we want.

BUT FOR EVERYONE THAT ENTERS THIS YEAR HAS A CHANCE AT DILLON 650 !!!!!!!! I know everyone can use a new 650. That is some pretty good odds, if you are into odds just for participation.

So Copperhead Joe...everyone that enters has a CHANCE at a Dillon 650. Does that mean there is a CHANCE that there is going to be a drawing for a 650 or it is a certainty that you will be awarding a Dillon 650 box? :lol: :lol: Son, I'm just glad to be participating...having a chance to win a 650 is just langiappe.

Kajun

Who you callin' ODD? :P Dang, Joe, it just keeps gittin better!

Kajun, all you have to do is participate. You don't have to win, or even do well just participate in the "World Famous Hillbilly O-limpics" . And you will be entered in the drawing for a new Dillon 650 box. And they just might be 650 in it !!

:D :D :D :D

This is gonna be a fun match ya'll.

Hey K.K.,

You didn't explain to these "Mountain Williams" (very formal Hillbillies - you know the kind that sticks their pinky out when sipping their sour mash) what langiappe is. For those uneducated in the Cajun French vanacular (yes, inspite of some people (one person in particular) thinking Cajun is spelled with a "K" - it tain't), Langiappe means "something extra". An example would be the "Baker's Dozen"; the 13th donut would "Langiappe".

Man, ain't the "wire" special. You never know what you gonna learn on this here wire. :wacko:

DCK (da#$ dexlexia!)

Hey K.K.,

You didn't explain to these "Mountain Williams" (very formal Hillbillies - you know the kind that sticks their pinky out when sipping their sour mash) what langiappe is. For those uneducated in the Cajun French vanacular (yes, inspite of some people (one person in particular) thinking Cajun is spelled with a "K" - it tain't), Langiappe means "something extra". An example would be the "Baker's Dozen"; the 13th donut would "Langiappe".

Man, ain't the "wire" special. You never know what you gonna learn on this here wire. :wacko:

DCK (da#$ dexlexia!)

Hey da#s dexlexial....if you'll look in my post about langiappe you'll see that the word is a hyperlink where they can find out what it means. I also did that for the cochon de lait. Han just so's ya know Kajun is now spelled with a K....it has been ever since you moved out :lol::D

Just keeps gettin' better 'n' better!!

I'm gettin to where I almos' understand them two! Recon that time I spent amongst them Acadians wasn't completely wasted. I even usta know what the Evangeline tree was! :unsure::unsure:

I could stand me a bunch of fried mud bug tails and some corn on the cob for supper here right soon!! :P:P

Just keeps gettin' better 'n' better!!

I'm gettin to where I almos' understand them two! Recon that time I spent amongst them Acadians wasn't completely wasted. I even usta know what the Evangeline tree was! :unsure::unsure:

I could stand me a bunch of fried mud bug tails and some corn on the cob for supper here right soon!! :P:P

Blackwater......son....what a travesty to the crawfish that would be. You need to boil them crawfish in some water with new potatoes and onions and corn on the cob. You throw in some Zatarains Crab Boil to give it that nice red color and plenty of red pepper to give it all that flavor that makes you say "Ayyyyeeee" when that pepper hits ya! Just remember to pinch the tails and suck the heads for the best eating experience. If you reverse the order you don't fare to well! :D:P:lol::blink:

Zatarains.....now, that is a Louisiana Institution. Billions, I tell ya, Billions of crawfish have been boiled with Zatarains. :( Why the long face, you ask. Cuz, crawfish season is at it's height and I am sitting here in Kentucky, crawfishless!!! :angry:

KCD

A friend of mine's mamma from Breaux Bridge usta make up big ol' bags of fried crawfish tails for us to take when we were racing. You put 'em in the sun 'bout 10:00 AM and by lunchtime thay was warm and toasty!! :o You talk about a one more delectable mouthful of goodness!! :wub::P

You go to boilin' up some mud bugs and everybody in the pits was there freeloadin' and you wouldn't have none too much for yourownself!! :angry::angry:

Them fried crawdads was like stealth food!! And no one the wiser!! ;):lol::lol::lol:

Yep, Surf and Turf in Cajun Land is Crawfish and Roast Pig. Man O Man, just make my mouth water thinking about it!

Ya'll ever hear of a Cajun Micro Wave. It is a box built out of plywood about 5' long and 3' wide and 2' high. Sizes vary according the builder's idea and what size you like to butcher your pigs. You line the box with stainless steel metal. The lid of the box has a stainless steel metal tray on top. The tray is about 6" deep and covers the entire width and length of the top. You butcher your pig with tender loving care. You spice him up, and rub him down. Place him respectfully in the Cajun Micro Wave. Place the lid on top and fill the tray with hot charcoal briquets. You let him basque in the wamrth for 24 hours or so. Of course you can't get started until you ice down a couple of cases of beer, and invite a few close, or soon to be close friends over. That, My Friends, is a cochon de lait....a Pig Roast. You have never tasted anything better!!! Add about 50 pounds of boiled crawfish, and you've got Cajun Surf and Turf!!! For those from Louisiana, I say AYYYEEE!!! for those who aren't, I say YEE-HAW!!!

Let the Good Times Roll !!!

KCD

Dang, Drover you shore know to make a fat Man drool !! I don't think I have heard of that type roaster. And I have tried a few. We have to try one of them there "Kajun Micro Waves".

Just got the awards in, and they are just like this "EVENT" unique. I'll let ya'll guess what they made from.

Dang, Drover you shore know to make a fat Man drool !! I don't think I have heard of that type roaster. And I have tried a few. We have to try one of them there "Kajun Micro Waves".

Just got the awards in, and they are just like this "EVENT" unique. I'll let ya'll guess what they made from.

Joe...mais if you get one of dem Kajun microwaves and use it right it's gonna make you a real popular ami come time to eat what was in dem microwave yeah.

About dem awards....I took mine from last year and cleaned it out real good and "used it." whoooooboy :blink::wacko::unsure:;)

Food? Beverages? Prizes?? Cowboy Olympics? You'd think there was a shoot or sumpin' a fixin' ta' happen!!

Motorcycle ride? Pat's Cheeseburgers?? Live entertainment?? What's this game comin' to???

Bestest party in S.A.S.S..........................................BAR NONE!!!

Don't miss the Event of the year! We moved to the 3rd weekend of July this year, to try and give more old and new friends a chance to attend.

If I was to drive a 1000 miles to attend ... Joe, in your post not one how to get there or a contact.

Can't sell matches out of an empty description

If I was to drive a 1000 miles to attend ... Joe, in your post not one how to get there or a contact.

Can't sell matches out of an empty description

It's all on the events wire, the S.A.S.S. annual events page and ol' Copperhead'll answer your questions as well if'n ya' PM him!!

www.ponderosa-pines.com

It's all on the events wire, the S.A.S.S. annual events page and ol' Copperhead'll answer your questions as well if'n ya' PM him!!

www.ponderosa-pines.com

Let me add a little. Black Gold Shootout is being held at a private range called Ponderosa Pines owned by Copperhead Joe's family. The entrance to the Ponderosa Pines range is located at the corner of New Truckers Road and Hwy 80 just south of Manchester, Kentucky. The GPS coordinates for the entrance are 37.119106,-83.796458. You can see a web map of the location here.The Pondersoa Pines website is here and the match application can be found here.

John Boy, if there is something else you need in the way of information to find the match or the events the folks here on the Wire would be glad to help you. It is hands down one of the most fun matches you'll shoot.

Hope to see you there,

Kajun

One correction there, K.K. !! It is highway eighty (80). Exit 20 on Hal Rodgers Pkwy. east of London,KY!!

Man, with spokpersons like Blackwater and Kujun what can I say. Sorry about being away from the Wire a day or two, but down here in the Mountains we have to pipe sunshine in must less internet. In addition to all information by buddies added I'll add my cell phone number 606-599- 5263. Like I just said signal my not allways work, but leave your name and number and I WILL call you back. Come One Come All and see for your self!!

One correction there, K.K. !! It is highway eighty (80). Exit 20 on Hal Rodgers Pkwy. east of London,KY!!

There ya go Blackwater....I changed the Hwy 60 to the correct value of Hwy. 80 in my original post. My intent was to provide the location to the front gate for the range. If they can't follow a map from the city of Manchester Kentucky going south on Hwy. 80 they shouldn't have left home in the first place. Not all but there are several folks who have GPS to the coordinates will get them there. Also the web map link takes them right to the front gate. From the map you can zoom out and and see where you are in Kentucky and they should be able to find the range without too much effort.

Man, with spokpersons like Blackwater and Kujun what can I say. Sorry about being away from the Wire a day or two, but down here in the Mountains we have to pipe sunshine in must less internet. In addition to all information by buddies added I'll add my cell phone number 606-599- 5263. Like I just said signal my not allways work, but leave your name and number and I WILL call you back. Come One Come All and see for your self!!

Thanks for the phone number Joe. I was busy reading the new electronic version of Chronicle in the "throne room" at work with my Iphone and was checking on Wire posts. I didn't have any good writing paper so I just wrote you phone number on the wall....in ink too so the janitors won't wash it off before I can get back there and write it down on paper. If you get a few "funny" calls from folks with a Georgia accent just don't pay them any mind......well....unless you just want to pay them some mind ;):lol:

It's gonna be a good'ern....where else will you get home cooking as part of the match fee and man is the food good. This is one of those kind of matches where you come for the people and the shooting is just langniappe.

Kajun

Let me show you what you're missing if'n ya don't go to the Black Gold Shootout!

photo-2.jpg

Hey Joe, them purdy cowgirls alone make it worth the drive! Sue Render posted above that she was looking forward to seeing everyone and playing in the......how did she write that.....O'limpicks. I didn't know she was Irish :P I seen her and Carolina Girl at the SC State Match...I think there is a little Mexican blood in both their families some where along the line. When them two cowgirls get together you don't never know what part of their family tree will show up :blink:

Looks like this year's Black Gold Shootout is shaping up to be a Jim Dandy....if you miss this'n you'll miss out on some bon temps.

Krazy (shameless ambassador for all fun shoots) Kajun

Kujun, you right bout them ladies, ya never know.

Just got the Dillon 650 off the truck. Some lucky participant will be real happy Saturday night.

Don't forget the Coyboy Yard Sell. Miss Bo and me been finding all kinds of things that are no longer used or never used laying around.

Ok we're all booked in at the BW in Manchester CHJ, looks like it 's gonna be a hoot.

Kathouse is busting for some of that margarita stuff. :wub::lol::lol:

Hey Joe!! The boys says thanks fer the jug Satdy night!!

This one's shapin' up to be a new level of cowboy party!!

Archived