SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

The idea of a kit, Mr. Tombstone, Sir, is repulsive at best and bordering on the unethical behavior of Cowpokes whom in their haste actually try shooting their leaded projectiles as quickly as possible. And, as many times that has been edified and re-editfied on this most advanced media (The Wire): If one shoots too fast, one is NOT having FUN! Oh, No Sir, No...No Kits, Sir. I would never presume to insult you or your commitee to stoop so low as to have a German Designed - Cajun Installed - and, Hill Billy Operated Pebble Hurling Device. Why this monstrosit.....Uh, Engineering Marvel is going to be a thing of pride for all to be hold. From Fun Loving Cowpokes to the Dastardly (I ain't gonna have any fun, cuz, I am here to shoot smooth, fast, and accurate) Gamers, all will be mightly impressed that they were privy to such goings on as the Black Gold Shoot Out Specia.....Uh?, Red Neck Olympics. So, Mr. Tombstone, Sir, if you find yourself in a position to cast your vote in favor of using such advanced engineering technics to make those Wicked Tin Cans fill like Goliath felt after Brother David had finished with him, it will be much appreciated. (And, we might just be able to find a few ounces of appreciation for you as well, Sir. However, please let us keep that between ourselves. Just as our duly elected state and federal govenement office holders have arrived at their offical duty stations by merit alone, so should we allow our Red Necking Publick believe we have arrived at the 21st Century in the same manner....by Merit) Thanking you in advance, Sir, Yours Truly, KCD

Mr. Copperhead, Sir, let me assure you all voting members of the Committee whom allow such Engineering Phenanons to bring those pesky tin cans to their knees, will be treated and appreciated EQUALLY!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, I hope all is well with you and yours!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drover, you do have a way with words, I am pretty sure the committee will have to take said device out for a little test drive so to speak. Basically a "dang that was fun lets allow it" moment. Looking forward to July already and there are a lot of shoots between now and then.

If'n I wrap my Wrist Rocket in rawhide and put a wooden grip on it will it qualify?? :unsure::lol:

I'm with Tombstone a " taste" test, I mean a test drive is in order. After all we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt that didn't know it was a possibility.

And Mr. Drover, you keep up that kind of talk and we going to think ya went past the 6th grade! Or one of them there "road skillors".

The idea of a kit, Mr. Tombstone, Sir, is repulsive at best and bordering on the unethical behavior of Cowpokes whom in their haste actually try shooting their leaded projectiles as quickly as possible. And, as many times that has been edified and re-editfied on this most advanced media (The Wire): If one shoots too fast, one is NOT having FUN! Oh, No Sir, No...No Kits, Sir. I would never presume to insult you or your commitee to stoop so low as to have a German Designed - Cajun Installed - and, Hill Billy Operated Pebble Hurling Device. Why this monstrosit.....Uh, Engineering Marvel is going to be a thing of pride for all to be hold. From Fun Loving Cowpokes to the Dastardly (I ain't gonna have any fun, cuz, I am here to shoot smooth, fast, and accurate) Gamers, all will be mightly impressed that they were privy to such goings on as the Black Gold Shoot Out Specia.....Uh?, Red Neck Olympics. So, Mr. Tombstone, Sir, if you find yourself in a position to cast your vote in favor of using such advanced engineering technics to make those Wicked Tin Cans fill like Goliath felt after Brother David had finished with him, it will be much appreciated. (And, we might just be able to find a few ounces of appreciation for you as well, Sir. However, please let us keep that between ourselves. Just as our duly elected state and federal govenement office holders have arrived at their offical duty stations by merit alone, so should we allow our Red Necking Publick believe we have arrived at the 21st Century in the same manner....by Merit) Thanking you in advance, Sir, Yours Truly, KCD

Mr. Copperhead, Sir, let me assure you all voting members of the Committee whom allow such Engineering Phenanons to bring those pesky tin cans to their knees, will be treated and appreciated EQUALLY!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, I hope all is well with you and yours!

I happen to be both an engineer and a Cajun (Kajun....Coonass) and read a lot of technical manuals. We have a Kajun French word for his post....phonetically that word is pronounced "booooooooolllchit".....lol :P:D:lol:

Seriously though KCD, if you have a "short stroked, slicked up, aerodynamically economical, projectile hurling engineering marvel of a Slang Shot" bring it and use it. My only question is will there be a Traditional and Modern category in the "flinging of projectile" competition. I'ma thankin' that you'd have to compete in the Modern Category. If'n ya are fortunate enough to win it you might'n just be able to sell that there contraption for top dollar at the Ponderosa Pines immediately after the competitions are completed. Mebbe you cud, fer a price (drink), have Tbone or Whiskey Creek Johnson or Copperhead Joe or Blackwater or some other well known competitor (someone who can hold their likker) to autograph it fer ya so's ya cud get a few more samolians fer it....ya know to fund the massive engineering design and development (bar tab) that it took to create such an awesome wonder of a slang shot!

Kajun

A Cajun Engineer which graduated from a Landry High School in Lake Charles, LA......while I be. We in the heart of Bluegrass Country call that an OXIE, Moron. :wacko::D

Aside from the emotional turmoil such personal opinions stated in such a brazen manner, which lack any sudilty or grace; my misspellling, humbling, aging personality, would be taken aback; however it is greatly surpased by the Priest's lack of ability to properly educate this so called, self-appointed Cajun Engineer on the ability of written communications as to address exactly which idea, opinion, or fact does he find "boooooooollchit"? :P

We all know the poor Priest's failed in such a matters, because, furthering my point, this poor Cowpoke's spelling Crazy with a "k" and further sliding down into a quagmire of gumbo mud, spelling Cajun with a "k". :unsure: It saddens my heart and weakens my confidence in the education system for the Cajun Folk of Louisiana. Why the next thing you know they will be digging crustaceans from the rice fields, calling them "good", and exporting them world wide! Why, I never....

Hey, by the way, you coming to Black Gold this year, K.K. I will buy you a "Cold One" :D We all know you put the "K" in Klass!!!

KCD

KCD see ma edited post above yours. Yep dem priests at Landry High Skuul didn't have much to work with but I managed to pass (sneak my way) through there and later matriculated (bribe my way through) that much vaunted institute (bar) of higher learning at McNeese (Blue Moon Bar on Ryan St). Somehow the great state of Louisiana granted me one of dem dere Angineerin' certificates so I'm quasi official anyway.

And I'm hoping to make it there this year to Black Gold. I'm ciphering up how many samolians and vacation days I'm gonna have this fall cuz my wife and I are gonna try and do a shooting vacation in New England and further north in September.

Kajun

I was just reading everyones posts and it hit me. Duh, the bring your best homemade alcoholic concoctions! We can sample them with dessert, while we are listening to cowboy tall tales. Wow, sugared up, liquored up,makes the beginning of some tall tales!

I was just reading everyones posts and it hit me. Duh, the bring your best homemade alcoholic concoctions! We can sample them with dessert, while we are listening to cowboy tall tales. Wow, sugared up, liquored up,makes the beginning of some tall tales!

Puts me in the mind of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bluegrass bands. (Thank you Fire'n'Fallback & Linny Bird for turning me on to them!)

I done invented a 100 proof drinkable brownie shot!!!!!! can you say gamer :P

BING, BING, BING, BING, we have a winner.....at least in the making

OMG, what are we's letting ourselves in for?? :D:D:D:D

Better book that room quick :wub::P:P

OMG, what are we's letting ourselves in for?? :D:D:D:D

Better book that room quick :wub::P:P

What you're lettin' yerself in for is quite possibly the best time you've ever had, with the craziest bunch you'll ever meet!! ;):lol:

If you come to this match and don't have the most fun ever let me know and I will fix it!!

Blackwater, did you see the pictures of my bike? Nice one ain't it?

If there are any doubters out there, I'm here to vouch for him! The last three (and that's all of 'em) have been a Royal blast! If ya kaint have fun at Joe's place, well, let's just say, yer TRYIN' not to! ^_^

If you come to this match and don't have the most fun ever let me know and I will fix it!!

Blackwater, did you see the pictures of my bike? Nice one ain't it?

Yeah! I seen it!! Is that trainin' wheels I see in the pitcher??

The pitcher Bitterroot sent me has a little wheel right next to yore big ol' foot!! Looks like trainin' wheel to me!! :lol:

Get Bitterroot to text it to ya'!! It's almost scary!!

Joe on his new"Bike" with horizontally opposed, vertical stabilizer controls units (AKA training wheels)

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv193/Bitterrootjake/JoesandhisBike.png[/url]JoesandhisBike.png

Hey Joe, when you ride to the various shoots you attend, where do you strap your rifle? :unsure: 16 Degrees this morning. :huh: Can't believe July will ever get here. I feel a like a kid waiting for Christmas. But the thoughts of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Bo Copperhead, Mr. and Mrs. Kiss, Tn Tombstone, Kajun, Dark Whiske...Uh? Blackwater, and whole gang getting together for a little shooting, a little food, and whole lot of liquid celebrating keeps me going.

Hey, Kajun, have you ever seen the Engineering Marvel Tn Tombstone brings to the shoots? Why it is a supercharged, gas operated, portable, whiz-bang, daiquiri making miracle. Mr. Tombstone, Sir, are you bring said device to the Shoot Out? Please, say yes!

I am sure it will be there, I may be training a few new operators this year but yes it will be there. Unlike Kajun, I am not an engineer, heck they wont even let me blow the whistle much less drive the danged train.

Iron Maiden....

Have you tried one of my "Chocolate Cake" shots?

I'll bring plenty of lemons

I agree with Titus....

"If ya kaint have fun at Joe's place, well, let's just say, yer TRYIN' not to! "

I am sure it will be there, I may be training a few new operators this year but yes it will be there. Unlike Kajun, I am not an engineer, heck they wont even let me blow the whistle much less drive the danged train.

STEP #1 Pay close attention now....this is VERY important if ya want satisfied, repeat customers....the gasoline/oil mix goes in the fuel tank, not the blender. :P

STEP #2 The alcohol/ice/mixers go in the blender.....not the fuel tank. Also VERY important.....unless ya like wrenchin on "supercharged, gas operated, portable, whiz-bang, daiquiri making miracles" instead of enjoying the final product. Ain't that right Tn T! :o I seem to remember a little wrenchin one sultry afternoon in Kentucky a couple of BG's back. :D

Iron Maiden....

Have you tried one of my "Chocolate Cake" shots?

I'll bring plenty of lemons

I agree with Titus....

"If ya kaint have fun at Joe's place, well, let's just say, yer TRYIN' not to! "

MMMMM! Choklit Cake shots :wub: .....breakfast of Hillbilly Champeens! ^_^ Nuttin like startin yer day out right.

I ain't claimin' that we invented fun!! I'm sayin' we've gone a LONG WAYS toward perfectin' it!!!

Well, there was alcohol involved. (DUH) <_< And most of it, good stuff, if'n I remember correctly. Now, if JUST the good stuff had gone into the fuel tank, we may have witnessed the miracle of miracles as that machine purred like a wildcat, kickin out margaritas, daiquaris and such at a blinding pace. :o Not that the crowd assembled in amazement couldn't have kept up with that volume of frozen delights! But as fate had it, someone must have introduced something other than pure, clear goodness into the equation. And physics and mechanics being what they are, even the miracle 'juice' couldn't overcome the inclusion of a pollutant, and thus, out came the wrenches. :( But not to fear. Being the ingenious bunch we are, a good time was had by all (I think, as I do believe a few of my brain cells may have expired that fine day). :wacko:

I know it's early, but, hey, this thread's been going since January. Any chance of seeing a list of the Hillbilly Games, Liars Contests,

Desert Wars, uhh, side matches?

Was a Boy Scout: "Always be prepared,"

Harley.

Archived