SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TALL TALES? Why on earth would you......hey, wait a minute. Now there's an idea. Why don't we have a 'warm up' Liars Contest. You know, get sum practice in for that other little shoot y'all host in the fall. Who's up for a little prevarication? Yarn spinnin? Truth stretchin? All in the name of fun, of course! :lol:

Sounds like fun just no quotes from The White House, lets keep this for amatures only. :D

Sounds like fun just no quotes from The White House, lets keep this for amatures only. :D

Now there's the truth if it was ever told!!! :lol:

Is Whiskey Creek gonna' make it?

I think we'll be there for Black Gold. If nothing happens between now and then. He's in Va. right now. I think Titus has a great idea. so folks maybe you ought to see how well you are at telling lies, I mean tales. I know some of you are experts!

IM! Y'all gonna' make the Crap Shoot??

I'm in, I. M.

Copperhead visited us at Oak Ridge Outlaws, yesterday, and did not win the match, but had the incredible raw time of

79.27! Said he hadn't shot since November, or something! Looks like you bettter bring the A game to Ponderosa Pines

in July.

Can't wait for Black Gold.

Harley.

I've almost got Cheryl talked into riding up with me next weekend. Facebook her or sumpin'!!

I'm in, I. M.

Copperhead visited us at Oak Ridge Outlaws, yesterday, and did not win the match, but had the incredible raw time of

79.27! Said he hadn't shot since November, or something! Looks like you bettter bring the A game to Ponderosa Pines

in July.

Can't wait for Black Gold.

Harley.

What did Joe shoot on the second stage?:)

Speaking of telling lies....... My short stroked sling shot is progressing well. It is slicked up, port and polished, re-enforced jointing, hand engraved, and short stroked! I have only to work out the power factor. It is up to 15.4356, and of course I am working to get it up 60, so I will be within SASS Rules. So, Mr. Johnson, sir, I have not released the funds for any bottled motivation as of yet. Although, I am confident of presenting you with an acceptable pebble hurling device of sufficent engineering design to impress you and the rest of the committee, BUT!, it ain't there yet. I will be submitting progress reports as the power factor grows. If this engineering marvel falls through, I will be working on short stroking the '97 down to a 1" throw. I might have a better chance of getting that done, than short stroking a sling shot. :blink:

Harley did say that was raw time, Joe may have had a miss or two or maybe a P, cant remember the details, I am still trying to block my match out and the other events of the day may be affected.

Lookin' forward to this weekend!!

Got the range all ready for the Crap Shoot this weekend. My new helper 3 year old Noah or "No" , had to paint every single target. It looks like the weather will be better for the weekend, but it shore looks Crappy for tonight.

Just remember Drover, and all you other contestents that bringing ya own "instruments" all such instruments have to pass a ruling commettee inspection. And you know that could be bad or it could be good, if you get my drift.

Purly!! It'll be good to see y'all!! I'm coming Saturday early. Hopefully Schoolmarm's comin' ta' visit too.

Wish I coulda' stayed for Sunday. Mom says high to all of ya' and thanks for the birthday wishes!

I had a great time as always!

I can't believe I had to miss the Crap Shoot. I had obligations of such magnitude, I had no choice but to arrive at a different destination!

Anywho, Mrs Iron Maiden Johnson, I am soliciting your help in having Mr. Johnson, (who we all know is in a much better mood after a bit of liquid mood enhancing participation) approve my short stroked pebble hurling engineering phenomanon. Spelling aside, I asure you of an evening of enhanced partnership participation from Mr. Johnson, because of the wonderful mood he will be in after approving my attempt to pull the slinging of pebbles into the 21st Century. I am deligently working on increasing the power factor of said such device. As of yesterday, I have reached a power facter or 18.8913. I anticipate increasing said power factor to an acceptable 60 by eve of the Black Gold Event. Mrs Iron Maiden Johnson, all help will be appreciated... and I ask only for a totally unfair advantage over my fellow competitors - however, that need not be mentioned. Anticapting a favorable response by you and yours, Yours truly, KCD

Mr. Copperhead, Sir, please, forward the names of all the committee members whom sit on the Red Neck Olympic Committee? I am anxious to offer up my appreciation to them for taking up such an arducious task as governing such a body of rodwy and bosterious reprebat.....uh? Cowpokes. All my dealings with the Committee will be above board and with uninspected ethics. Expecting a favorable response from you, as well. KCD

Oh, Yea, We need news from the Crap Shoot. YEE-HAW!!! July can't get here soon enough! :D

Why Mr. Drover, Sir, I do believe with the command of the English language you have demonstrated on this here Wire and the somewhat suggestive tone (not that I'm ACCUSING you of any unscrupulous activity) of some of your previous posts regarding a certain "short stroked pebble hurling engineering phenomanon", that you might just be a prime candidate to be a participant in the afore mentioned Warm-up Liars Contest. :P

Again, I assure you I am not accusing you of any behavior that would be considered even remotely questionable (especially considering the cast of characters you are attempting to persuade with who knows what quantity and quality of liquid libations) by any of the upstanding members of the Ponderosa Pines staff and/or any of the fine folks who may attend any event that may occur on said premises. Having been present at several events at that Eastern Kentucky venue, and being acquainted with a good portion of the distinguished folks I do believe you are referring to (in your attempts to solicit favor), I don't believe there is cause to be concerned with anyone showing favoritism (unless of course Whiskey Creek Johnson, Copperhead Joe, Tennessee Tombstone, Blackwater Desperado, and I'm sure quite a few more, are involved) in such a competition as you are planning participation in. ^_^

Titus A. (Lookin forward to a grand ole time in July) Gnatsass :D

I'm sure if anyone came up with their own special devices then, that would be considered gaming. The redneck committee has deemed it acceptable to bring your own gamed up devices. Let the gaming begin!

But we get to pick out the projectiles. None of those round things.

Now that the rules committee has voted to allow personal pebble slinging devices,(and we can

talk about categories, later,) right now we need to talk about projectiles. I think in honor

of Black Gold, we all should have to shoot pieces of coal. Joe, is there a grade of coal that

works for that?

Harley.

Hold on here folks! I, as a member of the rules committee I do not remember and Offical ruling on the use of personal projectile projection devices! Unless my follow committee memebers have sold me out, I have not recieved" proper" request fer such amendments. However it is not too late to make such request and such request will be meet with proper answer as to the populatory of the request.

As to the use of coal as a possible projectile, it is called Black Gold for a reason. The same reason we burn a lot of wood!

Hey, Joe!! You gotta' feed that "bike" of yourn some wheaties or steroids or sumpin'!! :rolleyes: My guncart has bigger wheels than that!! :o:lol:

Copperhead, you know I am against them modifications, especially from the likes of KCD, :ph34r: next thing you know he will want to be using some type of short stroke kit.

you could always incorporate the making of a slingshot part of the redneck Olympics.

Archived