SASS Wire Forum

4th annual Pursuit into the Osage Nation to be held at Woolaroc!

Oklahomabound

Thinking about using my Nagant for a stage or two. But I'll have to buy hearing enhancement equipment for the spotters so they can hear those 40 grain RBs hit the steel. Then they'd have to swap them for hearing protection while I'm holstering the Nagant and drawing the Walker.

...that'd be really cool so long as I'm not the spotter... ...doin' all that 'earing protection changin' ...I kin barely walk and chew bubble gum at the same time... :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, like I actually hit steel! :lol:

...we could use a recording of bullets hitting steel, and then play it as soon as we get the buzzer.... <_<

...as slow as I shoot I'd 'ave plenty of time to be w**kin' a recorder and gettin' those "dings" timed right... <_<

...tawkin' 'bout bein' slow and all, its cold outside!!! ...17 degrees this morning! ...a look at the long range weather forecasts shows that the weather for "Pursuit into the Osage Nation" is going to be perfect! ...lows in the 40's with the highs in the 60's.

I'd love to believe your weather forecast, but Oklahoma in June may not agree with you. However, Woolaroc is a tad bit north of me, so maybe it'll be true. The paper mill forecast is: whatever the temp is outside, you can add 10-15 to it!

...cerally--the weatherwiz.com folks sez that we kin 'spect highs around 80 and lows around 60... ...sounds perfect to me...

...don't know whut to do wit meownself, the temp is 36 right now and risin'!!! ...may even get to go w**k on the little tractor and finish mowin' deck--read changin' wheels and new blades... ...mornin'g feels like an IHOP mornin' tho...

We just talked to woolaroc and a night shoot is a go. Only 25 spots left for Pursuit Into The Osage

So if you want to play you need to get your entry's in. Don't be the one that says, man i wanted to shoot that match!!!!! But i was to late.

...get this - 75 folks 'ave signed up!!! ...and I bet Tulsey Town will take up 1/2 of what's left... get them thar signmeupforms in...

...and the night shoot is on!!!

OB,

Red sent me a email and has Kat(The Irish Mafia), Kickin Casteel( Granddaughter-Mafia in training) and I are officially signed up. Whoo! Hoo!. I have had emails and phone calls from the Tulsey Town bunch the past 2 weeks and You are right 12 to 15 are sending in or have sent in sign-ups. Kat said we want to be part of a night shoot.

Rev

Hey Rev! Good to see that you're still up and kickin' about!!! ...tell all them thar Tulsey Town pards to get those signmeupforms in

OB,

I told them in an email that night to get it on. If they don't its their loss. We all enjoyed it alot last year. Kat had neck surgery 3 weeks ago , but she is planning on being there, Our surgeon said she can shoot her pistols and rifle ,no shotgun. Heck , he wouldn't let me shoot a shotgun from the shoulder for a year, " But he said nothing about from the HIP" Hee! Heee!

Rev

OB,

I told them in an email that night to get it on. If they don't its their loss. We all enjoyed it alot last year. Kat had neck surgery 3 weeks ago , but she is planning on being there, Our surgeon said she can shoot her pistols and rifle ,no shotgun. Heck , he wouldn't let me shoot a shotgun from the shoulder for a year, " But he said nothing about from the HIP" Hee! Heee!

Rev

...she can shoot Outlaw...

OB,

Red said she could shoot Dale Evans. Whats Outlaw?

Rev

Outlaw is a SASS unrecognized category that some folks shoot... ...have many that shoot Outlaw at Ambush at Cavern Cove, North Alabama Regulators. Here are the rules:

Outlaw Rules

First and foremost, safety and all SASS rules apply.

Second, pistols must be shot one handed—you’ve never seen one of your heroes in the movies hold and cock a gun with two hands—so its Duelist, Double duelist, or Gunfighter style only.

Much like the Gunfighter category, Outlaw shooting is NOT for the novice shooter; proficiency in gun handling is a must before trying this class!

Third, you must hold the pistols and shotgun below chest level with elbows bent, without aiming or sighting down the barrel.

Fourth, the rifle may be aimed and shot from the shoulder if the shooter prefers.

Fifth, any SASS approved caliber is allowed. (The Outlaws started to disallow 32s but realized no respectable Outlaw would use something that small—unless it was a pocket pistol!)

As always, local range rules apply!

That’s about it for the rules of the Outlaw category, except to HAVE FUN. Once you try it, it’s hard to shoot (and miss!) any other way.

As a postscript:

There has been a lot of great interest in the Outlaw class lately but they've gotten some negative publicity from a rumor and misconception that there is an “initiation” to Outlaw shooting, involving your hat being shot up. Contrary to what some may say, this is a complete fallacy.

While some folks are shooting other’s hats and saying it has to do with the Outlaws, and some even want their hat shot as some sort of “badge of honor,” they do not shoot hats as a part of this category and they welcome anyone who wants to try the Outlaw category without sacrificing their hat.

If, for some strange reason, you want your hat shot, please ask one of your friends to shoot it after a match or at some other time.

Cherokee Charlie is my favorite Outlaw shooter... ...shot with him many times at Ambush at Cavern Cove. He shot all guns below chest level and rarely missed...

...just for info, 'ere's another SASS unrecognized category - Josey Wales, the rules:

Josey Wales

The Josey Wales category is not a SASS approved shooting category. The primary difference in Josey Wales is the use of 2 additional revolvers in place of the rifle. The rules described below are written with safety and smooth quick stage flow in mind.

1. All revolvers are loaded with 5 rounds each per SASS rules (see Note below).

2. The revolvers being used for rifle targets (in place of the rifle) will be stage in the same manner as the rifle per stage instructions. The revolvers may be carried in a 4 holster rig to and from the firing line. Shooters may not draw revolvers from holsters to shoot the rifle targets.

3. If a shooter does not have a holster for each extra revolver, the extra revolvers will be carried with the muzzles up at least head high to the staging area for the rifle so as to not sweep anyone. The RO or other posse member may assist in carrying the shotgun to be staged.

4. The revolvers are shot duelist or gunfighter style only. No two handed shooting.

5. When the rounds required for the rifle targets is less than 10, the remaining rounds will be shot safely into the berm. Do not shoot at targets, target stands or props. Misses cannot be made up. The rounds shot into the berm are not counted as misses.

6. In the event that a stage description calls for loading rounds in the rifle on the clock; the Jose Wales Shooter must comply with the stage requirement to load, on the clock, as many rounds as the stage description requires. Engaging any targets as required and discharging all excess rounds into the berm safely, satisfying the "load on the clock" stage requirement. Engaging the rifle targets with rounds already in the revolver prior to loading on the clock is not a procedural.

7. The shotgun targets are not to be shot with a revolver unless otherwise directed by stage instructions. This is to keep the stages flowing smoothly and in a timely manner.

8. All other SASS Rules Apply.

NOTE: The primary reasoning behind loading 5 rounds in all revolvers is Safety. We always load 5 rounds in revolvers and the loading table officers are use to seeing it done that way.

...and of course we have the Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter as well as the Frontiersman Gunfighter... as SASS unrecognized categories...

...SASS servers must be loaded to hilt for the last couple of days, or else my 'puter is preparing to crash.... sssllllooooowwwwww for sure...

It is 11 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, 14 minutes, 42 seconds

until Friday, May 30, 2014 at 7:00:00 AM (Tulsa time)

Current time is Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 11:45:18 PM CDT (local time in Tulsa)

Pursuit into the Osage Nation

I think he can tell time

...naw, I can't tell time, its whut wuz under my thingamajig when I copied it and this site is sooooooooooooo slllloooooooooowwwwwwww and actin' soooooooooo strange that I tried to delete it after I pasted it and it posted it instead....... -_-

...now, I do believe that Pursuit into the Osage Nations is shapin' up to be quite a shoot indeed!

Looks like we will be full--that be good!

Looks like the weather is gonna be great--that be good!

We know the day-time stages will be special--that be good!

We'll have a night shoot--that be good!

And we got great pards & pardettes acomin' to this 'ere shoot--that be great!!!!

One thing that slows down a server is an individual that has over 16,000 post...which,

are of little value beyond the original post.....jeez, a couple of btt should suffice.

...welcome to the fire SmackWater Jack... ...this bein' your very first post an' all...

...thanks for the input, I'll take it into consideration...

...and since you've broken the ice, you comin' to Pursuit into the Osage Nation?

May God grant you many years to live,

For sure he must be knowing

The earth has angels all to few

And Heaven is overflowing.

These things I warmly wish to you-

Someone to love

Some work to do

A bit o' sun

A bit o' cheer

And a guardian angel always near.

Here's to a long life and a merry one

A quick death and an easy one

A pretty girl and an honest one

A cold beer and another one!

It is 10 weeks, 3 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes, 53 seconds

until Pursuit into the Osage Nation - Friday, May 30, 2014 at 7:00:00 AM (Tulsa time)

...tawked wit Burly Bill yesterday afternoon; he sez that we got 10 or so openings left, so its time to get the rest of them thar signmeupforms in to him and Catoosa Red...

...get 'em while you can!!!

...whar iz BBM when you need him? ...anybody seen BBM?

Archived