SASS Wire Forum

(sigh) OK, Californians....

Subdeacon Joe

This is a perfect example of "gut and amend."

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB808

Amended
IN

Senate
January 06, 2014
Amended
IN

Senate
April 23, 2013
Amended
IN

Senate
April 11, 2013

CALIFORNIA LEGISLATURE—
2013–2014 REGULAR SESSION

Senate Bill
No. 808
Introduced by Senator De León
February 22, 2013

An act to amend Section 6357.5 of, and to add Section 6357.6 to, the Revenue and Taxation Code
Sections 11106, 16520, 23910, and 28230 of, and to add Chapter 3
(commencing with Section 29180) to Division 7 of Title 4 of Part 6 of,
the Penal Code
, relating to taxation, to take effect immediately, tax levy firearms.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

SB 808, as amended, De León.
Sales and use taxes: air common carrier: employing Medi-Cal recipients. Firearms: identifying information.
Existing
law authorizes the Department of Justice to assign a distinguishing
number or mark of identification to any firearm whenever the firearm
lacks a manufacturer’s number or other mark of identification, or
whenever the manufacturer’s number or other mark of identification or
distinguishing number or mark assigned by the department has been
destroyed or obliterated.
This
bill would require a person who makes or assembles a firearm to first
apply to the department for a unique serial number or other identifying
mark, as provided. The bill would make a violation of these provisions a
misdemeanor. By creating a new crime, this bill would impose a
state-mandated local program.

:-)

"Idaho is............

What America was....."

:-)

And this clown is supposed to be the next "President pro tem" of the state Senate.

That crap should be illegal... if it was as illegal as it is unethical, said clown would be wearing stripes. :angry:

Also, regarding that individual, if you place a call to his office (or email, or letter or whatever,) his staff is quick to advise you that if you do not live in his district they will not accept any commentary. Interesting.... he refuses to accept input from people outside his district but is quick to make laws affecting them. What a horse's....

On another note, this is interesting but actually not new.

Over 40 years ago I took my Stevens 311 to a 'smith on the Peninsula south of San Francisco. Wanted the chokes reamed from Full/Modified to Modified/IC. Simple enough job.

However, when I went back to pick up my shotgun, he refused to release it to me. Claimed that since it had no serial number (Stevens didn't use 'em until required to by law) he couldn't record it in his books, which he claimed he was required to do by law. (Knothead should've known this before he accepted the job, I'd think! :angry: )

Sheesh!

So a rather spirited discussion ensued, after which he agreed to use my birthday as the serial number. Still have the gun... and right there on the water table is stamped "09061951~!" :)

And this clown is supposed to be the next "President pro tem" of the state Senate.

That crap should be illegal... if it was as illegal as it is unethical, said clown would be wearing stripes. :angry:

Also, regarding that individual, if you place a call to his office (or email, or letter or whatever,) his staff is quick to advise you that if you do not live in his district they will not accept any commentary. Interesting.... he refuses to accept input from people outside his district but is quick to make laws affecting them. What a horse's....

On another note, this is interesting but actually not new.

Over 40 years ago I took my Stevens 311 to a 'smith on the Peninsula south of San Francisco. Wanted the chokes reamed from Full/Modified to Modified/IC. Simple enough job.

However, when I went back to pick up my shotgun, he refused to release it to me. Claimed that since it had no serial number (Stevens didn't use 'em until required to by law) he couldn't record it in his books, which he claimed he was required to do by law. (Knothead should've known this before he accepted the job, I'd think! :angry: )

Sheesh!

So a rather spirited discussion ensued, after which he agreed to use my birthday as the serial number. Still have the gun... and right there on the water table is stamped "09061951~!" :)

Something I noticed it that virtually all the members of the CA Legislature with the 4th letter of the alphabet after their name do that. If not part of their district, they want nothing to do with you. I have had good luck, however, with those with the 18th letter after their names. Respond quickly to my emails - and their staff is polite on the phone, even when I say that I'm not in that district, but have questions about fast moving legislation.. Quite unlike the 4th letterists who take their time answering my emails and letter, and have no clue about what is going on in the Legislature.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Joe.... he's done it again:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/bill/sen/sb_0151-0200/sb_199_bill_20140106_amended_sen_v98.pdf

And it seems he's recruiting others to his crooked ways.

As I said... this should be as illegal is it is unethical, and he oughtta be wearing stripes. Or at the very least an orange jumpsuit. :angry:

For gosh sakes... a $10,000 fine for transferring a "Christmas Story" Red Ryder BB Gun??? :(

Appears there no limits to stupidity

His product is stupid.

However, he is not. He's devious, shrewd, by most standards unethical, and most of all manipulative.

He's "milking the vote cow" by convincing his voters that he's doing all these "wonderful" (barf!) things to make their lives safer.

And they know no better.

Demographics for his district are:

58.58% Democratic

14.61% Republican

22.42% No party preference

9.6% White

0.4% other

No.... he's not stupid. But he is without a doubt an enemy. :angry:

It must be the water in Kalifornia!

How can tell a pol is lying?

when his lips are moving!

His product is stupid.

However, he is not. He's devious, shrewd, by most standards unethical, and most of all manipulative.

He's "milking the vote cow" by convincing his voters that he's doing all these "wonderful" (barf!) things to make their lives safer.

And they know no better.

Demographics for his district are:

58.58% Democratic

14.61% Republican

22.42% No party preference

9.6% White

5.9% Black

68.1% Latino

15.1% Asian

0.3% Native American

0.1% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander

0.4% other

No.... he's not stupid. But he is without a doubt an enemy. :angry:

And he seems to be without enemies in his district....

GG

And he seems to be without enemies in his district....

GG

Interesting way to put it... :(

He may not have any enemies within his district, but he's certainly no friend of ours!

Archived