SASS Wire Forum

An Overview of Gun Laws in North Dakota

Charlie T Waite

Individuals who have a license to carry a firearm or dangerous weapon concealed have a duty to stay informed of all applicable laws and regulations. The link below gives an overview of the North Dakota laws. It is an accurate disclosure except that 3 new laws took effect Aug 1 2013 that are not shown. I have attached them below the link.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/North-Dakota-Gun-Laws.htm

New Pro-Gun Laws Take Effect Aug 1, 2013

House Bill 1282 codifies in state statute the practice of using lawfully possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms while hunting.

House Bill 1283 allows concealed weapons permit (CWP) holders to carry their lawfully possessed firearms in a church building or other place of worship with permission from the primary religious leader.

House Bill 1467 prohibits the state or any government agency, during a declared state of emergency, from prohibiting or restricting the otherwise lawful possession, use, carrying, transfer, transportation, storage or display of a firearm or ammunition; seizure or confiscation of a lawfully possessed firearm; or requiring registration of a firearm or ammunition for which registration is not otherwise required by law.

This posting is so ND SASS members or those SASS Members traveling to our state are aware of our laws. We have a very conservative base that does work to protect our rights. Example below:
Even Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) betrayed the hopes of Democrats when she voted to block legislation to make gun background checks more comprehensive saying that gun control plans reportedly being considered by the White House are "way in extreme." “Let’s start addressing the problem," she said. "To me, one of the issues that I think comes — screams out of this is the issue of mental health and the care for the mentally ill in our country, especially the dangerously mentally ill. And so we need to have a broad discussion before we start talking about gun control."
We are moving in the right direction.
Charlie

Archived