SASS Wire Forum

Worse western of all time!

Outrider, SASS #72622

Can't remember the title but the movie was about a gang of female bank robbers who were forced to go on the run after the towns foke dug their farms looking for buried loot. ALL of the main characters, men and women wore LEATHER COWBOY HATS.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shakiest Gun In The West starring Don Knots

Oh Oh........

Now ya went an done it H.K., there AINT no bad John Wayne movies !!!

Well, maybe the Green Berets and that private detective movie where he drove a black TransAm (Firebird)?

======================================

Don't forget the movie where he was miscast as Genghis Khan. That was a real, or reel, dog!

I don't remember the name but it is a Polish film staring Val Kilmer as a dead body that is dragged around the West for the whole movie.

===================================

"Dead Man's Bounty"! It's so bad, it's an accidental comedy. It did have some interesting firearms, and a corn-fed Polish gal with big h(.)(.)ters. Badly dubbed English, and with Spanish sub-titles too if you wanted to bother with them.

Howdy,

PLUEEEEEze try to NAME these movies.

We gotta long mean winter heabouts and I just might be able to get

some of these on Netflix.

JW in a trans am?

Hey I LIKE trans ams. I never owned one but shopped for one and

drove several. Way fun cars.

Maybe we should have a post where pards describe movies and others

figure out the name of the movie. We could have a prize of ahh.. I know a

whole box of Winchester .22 ammo ;)

Best

CR

Sorry bout that, had to look it up.

McQ, 1974, private dick, drove a Trans AM.

Beat me to it. Really nice car. I liked that model over the later (think Smokey and the Bandit) models. Liked the Firebird Formula even more.

"Paint Your Wagon" it was a musical in about 1973 with Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin. It was in a mining camp, all miners sang including Clint and Lee. Had to get up and leave in a short time. What a waste of two stars.

I still have the 78 album soundrract to Paint Your Wagon. It did have its moments as a not-so-serious westerm - I enjoyed it.

I still have the 78 album soundrract to Paint Your Wagon. It did have its moments as a not-so-serious westerm - I enjoyed it.

I won the soundtrack album when I bought my ticket at the movie theater in Santa Monica in 73.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/62856/Outlaw-The-Original-Trailer-.html

This has to be at least on the list since Billy the Kid kills Doc Holliday in a gunfight at the end of the movie! Did Billy and Doc actually ever meet??? :blink:

Jane Russell is pretty hot though! :wub:

"Paint Your Wagon" it was a musical in about 1973 with Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin. It was in a mining camp, all miners sang including Clint and Lee. Had to get up and leave in a short time. What a waste of two stars.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Yah, Clint can't sing, but Lee Marvin is great!

I know this will make a lot of people react strangely, but I personally can't stand The Searchers. It was so obviously shot on the cheap in a sound stage that it just looks hokey to me. And John Wayne's character is a really unpleasant SOB. I just don't like it.

Wow!! I luv the Duke. I have most of his cowboy movies ( not the Singing Sandy in the 30's or early 40's). You could find yourself being banned ( not really). :P

Worst one I ever saw was "White Comanche", starring William Shatner as twins of White and Comanche parents. One is raised in each culture, and the movie is the resultant clash.

Oh

My

G-D!

That is one awful duo of MockTaws.

If you thought the Star Trek episode where Kirk goes native on a planet of Indian transplants was bad ( I am Kirok!!! ) you will be amazed at this stinkeroo.

It struggles to rise to the bottom of the B movie stack.

The '60s Batman TV series had better acting.

Lee Van Cleef - "The Grand Dual". There's a scene where the bad guys ambush a wagon trail with a machine gun. The MG is a WWII vintage German MG-42 or even worse, the modern version the MG-3.... This has to be the worst example of out of place weaponry since the Duke and just about every one else were packing '73 SAA's, Win. '66's and '73 in "The Comancheros" which was set in 1858 IIRC.

I'd have to put Wyatt Earp's Revenge on the list.

Heck, I liked some of the ones you boys listed, but this movie was too bad for me to stand. The Legend of Hells gate, Heaven's Gate and the 1981 Legend of the Lone Ranger (I think this is the movie that Disney based the new Lone Ranger movie on, no wonder it was bad).

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/62856/Outlaw-The-Original-Trailer-.html

This has to be at least on the list since Billy the Kid kills Doc Holliday in a gunfight at the end of the movie! Did Billy and Doc actually ever meet??? :blink:

Jane Russell is pretty hot though! :wub:

After watching trailer I want to watch this, looks like a good one.

Rye miles:

Didn't even have click on the link or see the reference to Jane Russell to know which movie you're posting about. Also note, in the movie, BTK kills DH three months BEFORE DH takes part in the shootout at the OK corral. :rolleyes:

Arcadia Outlaw:

As one who's seen it, apart from Jane Russell's, uh, physique... not so much a good one.

Rye miles:

Didn't even have click on the link or see the reference to Jane Russell to know which movie you're posting about. Also note, in the movie, BTK kills DH three months BEFORE DH takes part in the shootout at the OK corral. :rolleyes:

Arcadia Outlaw:

As one who's seen it, apart from Jane Russell's, uh, physique... not so much a good one.

"uh, physique" (physique being a period correct reference term)

Uh, yep! !

Archived