SASS Wire Forum

Best price on lead bullets

Blufrost

A local caster has an advantage over others if he delivers to matches you shoot at. Flat rate USPS shipping is helpful but picking up your bullets at a match is free. I have got bullets from Colorado Cast, Bang 'n Clang and Mastercraft this way. Ask around and you may find a deal. Bullet vendors often sell at major matches too.

Penn Bullets

Buy 70lbs at a time.

The postman hates me.

Howdy Ace,

You are a nice feller, make sure you give the letter carrier ( can't use mailman to be PC) a Christmas present and he will like you more. Just some advice from a retired mailman, did I just say mailman? To he!! with the PC cr@p.

Nawlins

Nawlins, perhaps you were actually a maleman who just happened to be a mail delivery engineer. :lol:

I like that !!!!

The post office always look out for us the uniform jacket had Letter Carrier on it. I guess it was there in case people didn't know who we were.

Nawlins

+ 1 Lone Star Bullets

Trying to remember the last time I bought bullets. I am a hoarder that's for sure. I am loading the last 500 38's and the tag on them says $18. Guess it has been awhile as I am having sticker shock at bullet prices. Found my old records ordered bullets last in 2002 20,000 total. Prices change over 12 years. Guess I better get use to that.

Kept the suggestions coming. I have bought at major matches but need bullets to get me by till Winter Range.

You are pretty close to Missouri Bullet Company -

http://www.missouribullet.com/index.php

Might even be able to do a pickup order and save shipping, since you like to buy in bulk quantities. Now is probably as good as any time to lock in a large order.

Good luck, GJ

As mentioned, try local first.

Locally, we have Kid Ziggy making some top notch bullets for alot of us and his prices slam dunks others.

When I travel to the NC State match, I try to buy some bullets from River Rat Randy (Clarks Custom Bullets). His prices are also great plus he supports alot of matches as a vendor around the Southland.

And when I was down in Louisiana at Slick's 'Hell Fire' match this year, I bought a couple boxes of 170 grain, .45 bullets from Anvil Al (Lone Star). Yes, prices were also great and he is an active vendor at SASS matches as well. His bullets were about the cleanest and shiniest stuff I've ever seen.

And.....a few years ago, before I started shooting my .32 Marlin and .45 Rugers more often, I bought A BUNCH of bullets from DEUCE that were 110 grain, .38 caliber. These work great in my rifles, they are clean, and the prices were as good as anybody, anywhere.

Again, ifn you can support local vendors and vendors that support our sport, you will be doing yourself a favor not only now, but in the future when these vendors are still in business.

..........Widder

I buy mine from San Juan, Colorado Cast bullets. He attends many major shoots. His prices are very good but there is an even better way to buy them from him. If you can make arrangements to meet him, he will sell his bullets by the can full. These are the very large cans that restaurants use for a lot of the products they purchase. Buying them by the can I save aver 25% of the cost of having them boxed-plus no added shipping costs. Each can holds well over 3000 38s. I think these are called #10 cans, almost a gallon. I have placed an order for 8 cans at Winter Range for our family's shooting in the coming year. I use my RV to haul part of them to my son 1500 miles away in the spring and he thinks he gets free shipping that way. <_<

Howdy Blufrost,

I buy my bullets from Moulton Lead. They us do bulk shipping via USPS and prices for .38 special are reasonable at $55 per thousand for 125 gr TC.

Regards,

Photo Shooter

• 158 grain .357/.38 Special RNFP bullets - $64.00 per 1,000
  • a longer 147 grain .357/.38 Special TC (Truncated Cone) bullet, especially
    helpful in helping Winchester 1866/73's and Marlin 1894's work easier. - $59.00
    per 1,000
  • 125 grain .357/.38 Special TC (Truncated Cone) bullets - $55.00 per 1,000
  • 96 grain .32 caliber TC (Truncated Cone) bullets - $47.00 per 1,000
  • 200 grain .45 cal RNFP (Round Nose Flat Point) bullets - $72.00 per

Badman Bullets....He's just down I-5 from me.

OK, since you got me curious, I checked price points on the web of several suppliers mentioned: (Some prices that TB had I checked and "corrected")

.38-40 175-180 grain cast bullets, 500 count

$68 from Oregon Trails, Meister, Midway, Comcast, Valiant - shipping extra

$52 Desperado - shipping extra

$52 CheyCast - shipping extra below $100

$49 Badman Bullets - shipping extra below $94

$46 (1/2 of per-1000 pricing) San Juan's Colorado Cast Bullets - pickup usually required

$42 Bang-n-Clang - shipping extra

$42 Colorado Bullets - shipping extra

$41 Missouri - shipping extra

$41 SNS - shipping extra

$37 local dealer who carries Valiant

Personally, I would not buy based on price alone. I would consider that I'd like to keep someone close in business, so NEXT time I will have a local supplier. And, I'd rather save shipping by picking them up me-own-self.

But, then, I cast all my own so that I can control hardness and the lube that is applied. so I don't even have to drive to get my next box. :lol:

Good luck, GJ

Want some bad man bullets but they are currently out of what I need.

So I have ordered from Missouri as they are local to Kansas.

Appreciate all of the suggestions.

I used Match Master out of Oklahoma but I don't believe he is in business any more.

Want some bad man bullets but they are currently out of what I need.

So I have ordered from Missouri as they are local to Kansas.

Appreciate all of the suggestions.

I used Match Master out of Oklahoma but I don't believe he is in business any more.

Sign up with Badman's 'Notify me" for the ones you want. Drifter is really good about letting you know when there available. Free Shipping for 1K and up.

Archived