SASS Wire Forum

new gun or dillon 550

evil dogooder

Well for working over 700 hours of overtime this year i was given a gift card for a local sporting goods store. Now the dilemma do i get a gun or do i take the plunge and get a progressive reloader. I've been considering gettinga rock island 1911 but a 550 or square deal sure would speed up reloading.

What's your thoughts?

Wow i guess is pretty easyanswer then. I am loading practice rounds for five people and match rounds for two. It's not two bad i have two single stage presses. I can load up enough for one six stage match in about an hour. I was hoping a 550b would cut that down a bit

The 550 would sure make your reloading sessions more enjoyable, IMO.

I've been reloading a long time. Have had many presses. Been using a Dillon 550B for the last 15 years. Wish I had started with it as it does everything I need. Probably the best investment I've ever made in the shooting sport. Figure with all my Dillon stuff (.38 Spl., .44 Russian, .44 Mag., .45 ACP, .458 Mag.) have about the same $$$ tied up as in my Codymatic. The Dillon will always be worth more in the future than the rifle.

550!!!!!!!! Did 500 rounds on mine today. You can use it and save enough to buy that Rock Island in no time. I literally paid for my machine reloading in one weekend after I got it.

An investment in a 550 will save money in the long term.

Money saved can saved for necessities like a 1911 :)

if you get the 1911 then yule need the 550 for sure.....

do you want to save some time? or do you want a new gun??

your choice....

you can load 400 an hour pretty easily... if you have enuff primer tubes preloaded.

Lumpy....

I know it's early.

The answer to your question is in post #7.

----------------

Progressive loading machine will save you money that you can drop in a can for future gun purchases.

Pre-coffee post :lol:

LG

What do you load on now?

LG

Right now i load .38 and 50/70

Durring the summer it's between 200 and 1000 rounds a week depending on how many of my family shoot

Right now i load .38 and 50/70

Durring the summer it's between 200 and 1000 rounds a week depending on how many of my family shoot

Get the 550....I've been run'n one since 1987 and load from .32 S&W to .45-90 for my Sharps.

Never saw any real reason to get a 650 and the 550 is far more KISS........

LG

EDG, you'll never regret getting a 550.

evil, step back a second, you've got a wife a w kids, get a loader that will let you spend more time with them...

Happy new year!

I've seen em together, and they du have tuu younguns.....

Actually on rare occasions when the little monsters go to bed early she occasionally helps me reload

MY 2 cents, buy the reloading press.

You will be buying yourself time you can spend every week on other things you enjoy doing.

The opportunity to buy time (that you can afford) come around seldom. Smile & enjoy a progressive lifestyle.

she's a sweetheart for sure!

Archived